Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Prince William County, VA 2014

Forum Member

Default Prince William County, VA 2014

Anybody in the process for the January 2014 class? I am scheduled for a medical exam.
    rkimble likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alaganga View Post
    Anybody in the process for the January 2014 class? I am scheduled for a medical exam.
    Yep, I'm done with the process, now I'm waiting to see if I get the call for a job offer. How is the process going with you?

Forum Member

Good, im going for my 2nd day of my medical tomorrow morning and then heading back home to NJ. Good luck

Forum Member

How long ago did you finish?

Forum Member

Good, im going for my 2nd day of my medical tomorrow morning and then heading back home to NJ. Good luck
    Thanks man, good luck to you as well. I finished the process on October 2nd, and was told that the hiring decisions wont be made until December. Good luck again, and have a safe trip back to NJ.

Forum Member

Thanks, Yea they told me the same thing today... hopefully the 1st week of December. Hopefully well meet in January haha
    rkimble likes this.

Forum Member

FYI, our academy is done on Jan. 24th. So the next one starts the 27th. Get your pushups down and your cardio/stairs up boys! Don't wait for the job offer to start. If you're not a "yes sir" person, become one! It's been a hell of great experience so far. Exactly half-way done today! Good luck!
    rkimble likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks for the input! Good to know! Good luck to you as well in the rest of the academy. You were from out of state right? How was it finding housing?
    rkimble likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks, Yea they told me the same thing today... hopefully the 1st week of December. Hopefully well meet in January haha
    Definitely , I hope we meet in January!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PreMedic13 View Post
    FYI, our academy is done on Jan. 24th. So the next one starts the 27th. Get your pushups down and your cardio/stairs up boys! Don't wait for the job offer to start. If you're not a "yes sir" person, become one! It's been a hell of great experience so far. Exactly half-way done today! Good luck!
    Thanks for the heads up, and good luck with the rest of the academy!

Forum Member

Were there a lot of people that took the test for The January 2014 academy? I'll be taking the exam in January for July.... First time testing for pwc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjames8980 View Post
    Were there a lot of people that took the test for The January 2014 academy? I'll be taking the exam in January for July.... First time testing for pwc.
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe there were 5 written exams given for the January academy start date. I am not exactly sure of the number of people that tested, but the room was full during my exam, and I would guess that there were approximately 60-70 people in the room. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rkimble View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe there were 5 written exams given for the January academy start date. I am not exactly sure of the number of people that tested, but the room was full during my exam, and I would guess that there were approximately 60-70 people in the room. Hope this helps, and good luck!
    Thanks for the reply... I'm looking forward to taking the test.. I'm hoping that being a medic will help during the process but I'm sure there will be tons of other medics testing! Did you get hired for the January academy?

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply... I'm looking forward to taking the test.. I'm hoping that being a medic will help during the process but I'm sure there will be tons of other medics testing! Did you get hired for the January academy?
    From what I understand, being a medic helps you tremendously lol. For those of us that are in the process for the January academy, we won't hear anything until December regarding hiring decisions. Good luck with your test, I'm sure you will do great.

Forum Member

I don't have anything to hide but just curious... How deep is the background check and polygraph. I've never done one! Kind of nerve-wracking thinking about the whole hiring process!

Forum Member

I don't have anything to hide but just curious... How deep is the background check and polygraph. I've never done one! Kind of nerve-wracking thinking about the whole hiring process!
    I have no idea how far back they go with the background, but the packet requested my jobs for the last 10 years, addresses, references, drug use history, traffic citation history, criminal history, etc. The polygraph was straight forward, he asks about what you put down on the background packet. Just stay calm and tell the truth, you will do fine! good luck!

Forum Member

Being out of state are you able to test in a bunch or do you have to go all seperate dates?

Forum Member

It depends on their availability and how far away you are. They didn't allow me to, but I know guys some guys further away got to. Definitely ask if they call to schedule your next test.

Forum Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the cost of living compared to the salary?

Forum Member

It's good, Northern Virginia isn't cheap although the 45k starting salary is plenty to live a comfortable life style. Not to mention that's only the starting salary. So, as long as your not trying to live a life of luxury; in which, I'm assuming your not because your trying to have a career as a firefighter and not an engineer, the salary is plenty to live off of.

Thread Information