MembersZone Subscriber

Default Racine Fire Dept, Racine,WI

Just wondering has anyone heard more about the next step. I took my CPAT in sept, (have not gotten background form yet) I know some peeps had their CPAT's done this summer and had filled out a Background form and they haven't heard anything yet either.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything or know anything?

Thanks

MWR

Forum Member

There was not a background "form" that we received, we only had to provide references and DL # to the DC. None of my references have received any calls and I have not heard back either.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did you get an email to do that? When did you take the CPAT?

Yeah that was what some of the other guys I have talked to said to, that the refrences have not been contacted yet. They had the CPAT done this summer and they submitted the DL# and refrences about a month and a half ago.

I was just curious if you had been contacted to do that stuff and when?

They also made it seem like it was a form. giving 3 detailed refrences and your DL #
    Last edited by MIDWESTRECRUIT; 10-16-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Forum Member

I previously had my CPAT done from earlier in the year. I was contacted by email about a month or so ago, which I needed to provide the requested information via email. The email that I got was sent to me even before some people I know took their CPAT for the Racine process, those who passed haven't even got the email that I did yet.

Forum Member

I just received an email from the background investigator a few minutes ago just letting me know that starting today he will be contacting my employers and references.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thats cool,

Yeah I just got an email from the city a couple days ago asking me to turn in my refrences and DL and Birth date info to the DC.

Did you put it all on a word document or in a regular email?

thanks and good luck

MWR

Forum Member

I just sent a basic email providing the info..I said if he had any questions to contact me. He replied that he received my info and that's all he needed

Forum Member

Midwest,

I too took the cpat in early sept, got notice to send the BC my info. Still haven't heard from the investigator yet.

Maybe EgressOne might have an insight as to how long it took from time he gave the chief his info till the time they were contacted by the investigator.

Forum Member

End of August I sent my info to the Chief, the BI investigator contacted me near the end of Oct. telling me that he will be starting my backgrounds. Reading up I see that he co-owns his business with 1 other, not sure if the other investigator is involved with the Racine process.

A few of my friends' contacts have all been contacted, although only 4/5 of mine have. So last week I contacted the BI asking if he needed their info resent. He emailed me back explaining how he has 42 total applicant backgrounds to do, and are doing them alphabetical. Once he is done with the references he proceeds with the employment checks. He then stated that he will have everything all complete well before the PFC deadline.

Forum Member

When is the PFC deadline?

Forum Member

Guess from far left field, just because I have no clue....maybe end of the year or sometime in Jan or Feb?? He'll even maybe March of next year.

Forum Member

LOL,

I'm sure it could be anyone of those months.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wondering if any of you guys heard anything more about this process? Like when interviews are going to start?

Forum Member

Have not cheked here in a while but I havent heard anyhing either. Mostly just rumors on a small class this April but thats about it.

Forum Member

I completely forgot about this thread...

Small class in April seems kinda far fetched to me, unless you've heard from a fairly reputable source, considering that would be next month and they have yet to conduct interviews.

The latest that I've heard, from multiple people on Racine, was there are 3 current openings with a possible upwards number of 15 people leaving at the end of this year...contract is up. The HR dept are the ones that are currently holding up the process and the sources said they were hoping interviews would start soon.

Forum Member

I've heard the same thing with the staffing now and the potential for 15 leaving in fall. The one thing about the April class was 3-4 people to fill current vacancies.

The only difference was that the fpc are the ones holding things up not HR. ahh the rumor mill. lol.

Forum Member

Signed up for May 2nd middle of the day.

MembersZone Subscriber

HAHA was just going to post here guess you beat me to it. I chose the 9th early morning was all that was left for that day when I signed up.

Only 2 days seems kinda odd for interviews. I wonder how many are interviewing.

Forum Member

Yeah when I signed up all the May 9th slots gone. Some of the May 2nd slots open. I had to take a time on the 2nd because I work on the 9th anyways.

I asked a buddy who is not going to interview due to recently taking a job somewhere else so that was one less person. He said when he looked all of the 2nd was available until 0415 pm. He wasn't sure if that was the last time to sign up, and he said that the last time to sign up on the 9th was 1115 am.

So who knows how many they plan to interview, either the last test time is 1115 on the 9th or that was just left and the last one will be at 0415 pm also or even later. Sorry rambling here but the time has finally come.

Forum Member

I signed up just a few minutes after the email was sent out. There was only 2 time slots missing from the middle of the schedule. Both days ended at the same time, which I forgot exactly what time, but it was like 4 or 5 in the afternoon. I counted out only 25 slots, in total, to choose from both days combined. Seems to make sense for only 3 spots open. I currently know of 4 others, and myself who chose a time. I'm assuming it will just be a basic meet and greet session, considering each slot was only 15 mins in length. After this first round of interviewing I wonder how the timeline will go? Chief's interview in June? Hired by July? I wonder why they wouldn't just wait till closer to the end of the year then take a bigger pool of people to interview for the possible additional people leaving after the contract ends.

Thread Information