Forum Member

Default Grant for businesses

In case anyone hasn't seen it, Chase & Google have a "grant" for businesses: https://www.missionmainstreetgrants.com/

We're in it and we need at least 250 votes to qualify for the review period. I'm not holding my article hostage, I was trying to get it done last week but I'm also working with a education company on an online class and I had a deadline to meet for that project first. So as a small favor after being here for many years and dropping a lot of advice like so many others, if anyone that has a Facebook account can wander over and search for "Vickers Consulting Services" and drop us a vote I'd appreciate it.

You are not limited to voting just once overall, just once per company. So if there are any others out there in the pool post it out here, I'm happy to drop my vote on any other company too.

As I have in the part that's not public view, this isn't for my paycheck, it's so we can get an office and hire 2-3 people. We can't hire unless we get office space, but can't afford to hire and get office space at the same time. Thanks to many of you we're busy enough to make the position self-sustaining but don't have the startup for that period of time unless we raise prices which would not allow us to help as many organizations. We're doing more than public safety now, lots of churches, veterans organizations, and more, all with tight budgets. I'd rather do less work than raise prices, and this program might give us the chance to help more without raising prices.

Again, hate asking in the forums when I'm the one usually answering questions for others since that's what this is for, but want to at least make it into consideration.

Thanks - Brian

Forum Member

I think I was voter 106. Good luck. Jeff
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Forum Member

Thanks Jeff. At 158 now so closer. We like friends of friends too.

This doesn't get us the grant, just into the Review process so again post other businesses here if anyone else's friends or family members are in it too and I'll put my vote on their page along with everyone else here.

MembersZone Subscriber

At 199. Good luck!
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Forum Member

Thanks y'all. I'll stop bugging people at 250.

Forum Member

225 just now. hoping you get 25 more soon.

Forum Member

Thanks Sandy, please share if you don't mind. 227 this morning so I'll stop bugging people after 23 more. Maybe 24-30 more just to be safe since we are in the safety business.

MembersZone Subscriber

Brian,

I just cast my vote and was #239

Dave L.

Forum Member

Thanks Dave, I'll give you creds for trendsetting too. At 247,almost there so I can breathe a little easier at least it will get read. Since I'll need that breath for AFG, usual flurry of emails and phone calls right after the PG was posted. Looks like no beer turkey this year, no time to cook or eat it. Can't afford the tryptophan...

Forum Member

Emailed my son again last night and picked up 4 from his friends hanging out at the dorm at that time (243-246). He emailed other fire science students with the request. I'm calling him now to chase down several more. Hopefully if I get him, you will be over the top tonight.
    Last edited by BCCB; 10-29-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Forum Member

Just talked to son. He said you are showing 252 at this point.

Forum Member

Yeah we made it in as far as I know, haven't gotten any confirmation emails. Voting continues to the 15th so the more the merrier, helps with the review process possible.

Thanks to everyone that voted, anyone that hasn't jump on please. I sent in my article on 2013 AFG like I promised and Firehouse.com put it up, I didn't hold it hostage until we hit the 250 mark. Part 1 got posted today today, Part 2 tomorrow, was kind of long with the changes and my .02 on everything.

Forum Member

Congrats Brian, looking forward to reading your.02 on everything.lol Jeff
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Thread Information