Forum Member

Default Anyone had an ISO inspection under the new schedule?

Had a talk with a local fire chief yesterday who just got done with ISO under the new rating schedule. A lot has changed in the training department. Has anyone else already gone through the new process, and if so what challenges did you run into? How do you plan to deal with them?
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

A neighboring department is gearing up and I was able to help them with equipment listings. New form makes it a lot easier. Additionally it looks like ISO is starting to fall in line with NFPA some what. What have you heard about changes to training requirements?

Walt
    Train like you want to fight.
    www.kvfd.net

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    A neighboring department is gearing up and I was able to help them with equipment listings. New form makes it a lot easier. Additionally it looks like ISO is starting to fall in line with NFPA some what. What have you heard about changes to training requirements?

Walt
    Do you have a link to any of the new documents? ISO's webiste is still showing nothing.

What I was told as far as training was that while the monthly requirement is dropping to 16 hours, those hours have to be "in the street" training. More mutual aid trianing. Actually having to use your training facility every so often if you want credit. The main thing was wanting all personnel to be FFI or higher, drivers to hold certification in driver/operator and officers to hold corresponding levels of officer certification. When you think about everything that goes into officer classes that is a lot to ask from volunteers.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

www.isomitigation.com has the new documents, you just have to fill out a form to download them.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Couldn't figure out how to attach the form but like Bones42 said, you can get them from ISO. The form you are looking for is: ISO APPARATUS & EQUIPMENT INVENTORY Edition 6/20/2013.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Walt
    Train like you want to fight.
    www.kvfd.net

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Do you have a link to any of the new documents? ISO's webiste is still showing nothing.

What I was told as far as training was that while the monthly requirement is dropping to 16 hours, those hours have to be "in the street" training. More mutual aid trianing. Actually having to use your training facility every so often if you want credit. The main thing was wanting all personnel to be FFI or higher, drivers to hold certification in driver/operator and officers to hold corresponding levels of officer certification. When you think about everything that goes into officer classes that is a lot to ask from volunteers.
    I know I will catch some flak for this but my area is going to be in trouble with the new regulations.
    My state has never required FF1 to be a volunteer so the infrastructure is not in place to get everyone up to the standard. Pretty much the only option is to attend the state run academy at the cost of 2000 dollars per person. Not to mention the current amount of academy positions is 54 per year.
    The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
    There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by conrad427 View Post
    I know I will catch some flak for this but my area is going to be in trouble with the new regulations.
    My state has never required FF1 to be a volunteer so the infrastructure is not in place to get everyone up to the standard. Pretty much the only option is to attend the state run academy at the cost of 2000 dollars per person. Not to mention the current amount of academy positions is 54 per year.
    While you have most of that correct you are wrong on a few aspects. Why don't you P.M. me. You may have options that you are not aware of to get FF1 and FF2 for people in your dept.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    While you have most of that correct you are wrong on a few aspects. Why don't you P.M. me. You may have options that you are not aware of to get FF1 and FF2 for people in your dept.
    Thanks Miller337. I am currently trying to figure out the PM thing and have probably sent you a dozen messages, I am kind of rubbish at this technology stuff.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

...My state has never required FF1 to be a volunteer so the infrastructure is not in place to get everyone up to the standard. Pretty much the only option is to attend the state run academy at the cost of 2000 dollars per person. Not to mention the current amount of academy positions is 54 per year.
    Running into an issue here as well....my County academy is having a "disagreement" with instructors so no classes are being run until that is eventually worked out. Next County over is at their class size limit so they are not accepting out of county students....so we are stuck with guys ready and willing to go...but no where to send them.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    Couldn't figure out how to attach the form but like Bones42 said, you can get them from ISO. The form you are looking for is: ISO APPARATUS & EQUIPMENT INVENTORY Edition 6/20/2013.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Walt
    The ones they want you to pay for?
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

Forum Member

I downloaded the FRS submitted for approval for free.

Forum Member

From what we have heard from ISO the requirements will be steep. going from 30 hours a year to over 200 hours is going to ruffle some feathers. I don't disagree with all of the changes, a better trained and more professional outfit sounds good to me. But how are we going to get it all done?
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

Changes to the ISO FSRS (Fire Supression Rating Schedule) are huge.... be sure and read through it fully.... I will try and post a snapshot of all of the changes to my website in the near future... www.isoslayer.com David

Forum Member

Thanks Miller337. I am currently trying to figure out the PM thing and have probably sent you a dozen messages, I am kind of rubbish at this technology stuff.
    Yes you did. DON'T DO THAT AGAIN! Did you get my E-mail address and cell number? I need an address from you to mail you some of the stuff which will make getting started a little easier.

MembersZone Subscriber

From the ISO Mitigation page go to the FCO page, or Fire Chiefs Online - sign up for free, and it will take you to the ISO pages where you can download all the forms for free, update your area, etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

Is it just me, or has all ISO reference to foam been done away with?

Forum Member

Foam anf foam systems are no longer required. There is also NO credit for CAFS, which is causing issues in Texas and one of the reasons why they are protesting the adoption of the new FSRS.

Thread Information