Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Long Beach Fire

Forum Member

No they didn't do the orientation last time. Yea if I did it once I can do it again. Long Beach is definately worth the effort no matter what it is.

Forum Member

hey ninjamedic66
    How come you have to do the whole process over if you got a conditional offer? did it not work out for you.

Forum Member

They gave out 75 conditionals prior to backgrounds and psych. I passed all of those and just wasn't selected for the tower. As to why I have to re do it only the Chiefs know but I want this job bad enough I'll gladly do whatever they ask me to.

Forum Member

I got the same email back in Feb: "As a current candidate on the Civil Service A-Band, you are invited to apply to the Long Beach Fire Recruit Academy..." I'm ecsatic. I took the NTN test back in 2013 when LB first opened as was talked about in the first pages of this thread, but washed out at the Biddle. I thought I was washed out of the entire process and would have to reapply the next time the accepted applications...but I'm not complaining! I took the Biddle at Rio Hondo on 3/14, passed it this time, with an 8:12. So many have said LB has an unofficial cut off of 7:30 so I'm planning on retaking the Biddle at Rio Hondo's 4/11 test (gives me a little less than week between that test and LBFD's cutoff for submission, definitely planning on hand delivering the results). I've heard some people say LBFD wants 7:00 or less, a couple have even said 6:30...but then some others (including some of the retired Captains at the Biddle) said as long as you pass, they'll only look at scores if they have to choose one of two otherwise equal candidates, then they'll dig into Biddle scores to narrow it down...so the poster above who got an interview with an 8:12 time also is definitly encouraging! (Still want to knock that :45-1:00 off my time if I can though).

I'm currently an AO at the next largest department in the county, so I'm starting to look over interview stuff and will be bugging my firefighters to help me out with mock boards and the like

Forum Member

I submitted my biddle last Friday the 17th and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else hear anything yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jprz.51 View Post
    I submitted my biddle last Friday the 17th and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else hear anything yet?
    I submitted mine back around 3/10. Got an invite to "orientation" on 3/27. Scheduled dates for those are:
    5/2
    5/3
    5/8
    5/12
    5/15

Forum Member

Has anybody heard anything?

Forum Member

Heading down to long beach tomorrow for Sunday orientation. Curious to see what they have to say about the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by akav View Post
    Heading down to long beach tomorrow for Sunday orientation. Curious to see what they have to say about the process.
    Same here, maybe I'll see you there. I was going to call today because I just noticed, but maybe someone here already knows. In the email they say to:
    3205 Lakewood Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90815

but unless google maps/my map reading skills suck the zip code is actually 90808. Is that right? The place next to LB airport?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nebo View Post
    Same here, maybe I'll see you there. I was going to call today because I just noticed, but maybe someone here already knows. In the email they say to:
    3205 Lakewood Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90815

but unless google maps/my map reading skills suck the zip code is actually 90808. Is that right? The place next to LB airport?

Yeah I believe it is the one next to the airport. Thats the only FD offices I know of on Lakewood.

I'll be at the Sunday orientation at 4pm. Excited to finally get the process going again!

T_S
    Forum Member

Anyone who has been to the orientation hear or ask why they are starting over?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by T_S View Post
    Anyone who has been to the orientation hear or ask why they are starting over?
    "Now it is q&a time and remember, there are stupid questions". I wasn't bold enough to ask. They said 450 in the process which is a lot more than I figured there would be. Here's to hoping they do have the wanted Jan tower and maybe even more off this list.

Thread Information