Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Long Beach Fire

Forum Member

says all candidates in the band are equal, so I'm guessing 78 is just the general score for Band A, I got Band A as well and I know thats the band they hire from.

Forum Member

Yeah same here I got band A with a score of 78! So I'm curious to see what happens next.

Forum Member

Band A as well with a score of 78, so 78 cant be our ranking. Just looked through the website and couldn't find anything on the number of people per Band. Guess we shall just wait and see!

Forum Member

Hey EB1980, so are you sure they usually hire out of band A?? Do you know more on how any of this works?? I also have a score of 78 and am in band A. I've tested with departments before but I haven't ever came across "bands" or anything like it. If anyone else knows more that would be great too, thanks

Forum Member

Finally got permission to post here! I got the same email "Band A" 78....does anyone know how bands were determined and what they are? How many applied/tested? How many in each band? How many they are hiring? Sorry so many questions, just curious. Thanks!

Default "A" Band

Having worked for Long Beach Fire and helped in many of the phases of their testing I can say this about "A" Band. For the sake of conversation as I do not know how many they are putting in Band "A" we'll say 150 candidates are on Band "A" . All candidates from Band "A" will move on to the Physical Agility, if they have one, as they have for the 26 years I was on the Department. If you do get a chance to take the test...I will plead to you they might say it's pass or fail but make sure you do the test 110% as they take the total times and rate you accordingly . Each phase you go through "Their Eyes" are on you so get there early stay late and help out if you are able to. More than likely they will not dip into Band "B" but you never know so stay sharp and be ready. Good Luck to all and remember "You only get one chance at a first impression" so make it a good one.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Thanks Jay! I've been waiting to post on this forum much like others and your info is greatly appreciated. I'm like some of the others in Band A with a 78. Very excited and nervous!

Forum Member

Jay, is the physical test like the biddle test? If not, what does it encompass? I have a friend who took a physical agility test for the police
    Dept. which entailed an obstacle course, dummy drag, and 550 yard run. Is it similar? Thanks again!

Jusdab.....I've heard Long Beach will be doing the Biddle. I will confirm this and get back to you all.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    Jusdab.....I've heard Long Beach will be doing the Biddle. I will confirm this and get back to you all.
    Thanks Jay, appreciate it.

Forum Member

the job announcement said you needed to have proof of the biddle completed prior to an offer for employment. so I don't know if LBFD is putting it on themselves or not.

OK From a unnamed source from Long Beach Fire......Band "A" will have 1500 candidates on it. Biddle will be hosted by Long Beach maybe and through out local colleges and if you have taken it within 6 months you should be good. Info will be sent out on particulars of the test. After Biddle there will be an Oral Exam with two from Long Beach Fire (one will be a Captain). If your in Band "B" I'm sorry but they will not be going that deep on the list. Projected drill class is June or July of 2014. I hope this helps.....
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    OK From a unnamed source from Long Beach Fire......Band "A" will have 1500 candidates on it. Biddle will be hosted by Long Beach maybe and through out local colleges and if you have taken it within 6 months you should be good. Info will be sent out on particulars of the test. After Biddle there will be an Oral Exam with two from Long Beach Fire (one will be a Captain). If your in Band "B" I'm sorry but they will not be going that deep on the list. Projected drill class is June or July of 2014. I hope this helps.....
    Thank you again with the info Jay. 1500...geeze =\

1500 is a lot less then when I took there test.....there was 8,000 and no banding. Good Luck....glad I could help.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

8000....wow. Thanks for all the help. Looking forward to the challenge. Do you happen to know how many LBFD is going to take?

Forum Member

From what I've heard, it looks like LB will be running the Biddle starting early January.

Forum Member

I passed the biddle about 2 months ago. Would it look bad if i took it again to improve my time?

Forum Member

Per the job bulletin it states they MAY request resumes from qualified candidates to determine who is "invited" to participate...anyone know of this

All of the particulars of the test will be coming out. They have said testing might be by them or the local colleges in the area. If you have recently taken a Biddle you might be able to count that . The time frame will also be is the packet they send out. Good Luck to all. Jperez51 I'd wait and see if you can count the test you have already taken. The problem with retesting is you might not pass ....??
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Hey JayDudley i have a question. I am from idaho and I am also in band A. Do you know around what date they will send the packet out? And do you know about how many weeks they usually schedule the Biddle physical test after candidates are sent the packet?? Because I will have to make travel arrangements so I am curious about time frames. Thanks Jay

Thread Information