Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Long Beach Fire

Forum Member

Thanks Jay!

Forum Member

It says if we don't have the Biddle we can take it in January and then we have to mail it in by the 21st. After that we mail in our other paper work by the 23rd. I wonder why we don't just mail everything in at once?

Forum Member

I would mail everything including your biddle asap....with the 21st as your deadline. I'm guessing now but those who already have a biddle have till the 23rd to mail their package in. Regardless of the dates...keep the 21st on your mind...sooner the better.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Ok that makes sense I will do that. Thanks for all the info!

Forum Member

Thanks again for all the info Jay. So since Rio Hondo Community College is working with LBFD by putting on the Biddle for candidates that need to take it, do you know if they will just submit all candidate scores who pass? Or is it on us to mail in our scores to LBFD or drop them off to LBFD while we are in Long Beach?? Again, thanks Jay for the help I know a lot of us on here are grilling you with questions.

Forum Member

The email said once we pass the Biddle we have to submit it to them either mail or in person or you can just send it all with your other paper work at once.instead of just giving then the Biddle and then later giving them the other paper work

Forum Member

Jay, any advice on what specific skills we should highlight on the resume if we do not have any fire related skills? also, how far back on job history should we go?

Forum Member

It should tell you how far to go back.....usually it's ten years. As for the skills most related to Fire Service is broad . Examples could be computers, carpentry,mechanics etc. anything that is used in the fire service. I once sat on an Oral Board and we asked just that....."What can you bring to our Department " you'd be surprised at some of the answers.....most didn't realize what they could bring.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Thanks Jay. Would it be bad focusing on my experience in the medical field as this is for a fire fighter recruit and not paramedic? My occupational history is pretty much solely nursing...

Forum Member

Just got my test date for the Biddle. 730AM on the 17th. A bit short notice because I live in Seattle but I'll make it work. Hoping it's as straightforward as the CPAT as I've never take the Biddle before.

Forum Member

Wow that is soon! I thought they said they weren't sending emails until after the 16th?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by akav View Post
    Wow that is soon! I thought they said they weren't sending emails until after the 16th?
    I was told the same thing

Forum Member

I got the same but here I am. I did email Tracy about five minutes after getting the instructions to do so about setting something up and they said they're processing in the order received. I kind of wished it was later, flights this time of year are no fun but I'm not going to bother them about rescheduling and causing a hassle because I don't feel like dealing with holiday flights.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure why people say the biddle is harder. You don't have a constant 50lbs on you, you're allowed the guard rail on the stairs and you're legs aren't jello from starting off with the 75lb stair climb. We'll see I guess.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nebo View Post
    I got the same but here I am. I did email Tracy about five minutes after getting the instructions to do so about setting something up and they said they're processing in the order received. I kind of wished it was later, flights this time of year are no fun but I'm not going to bother them about rescheduling and causing a hassle because I don't feel like dealing with holiday flights.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure why people say the biddle is harder. You don't have a constant 50lbs on you, you're allowed the guard rail on the stairs and you're legs aren't jello from starting off with the 75lb stair climb. We'll see I guess.
    Looks like they are trying to move this process along quick. Thats awesome to hear! At least you will know going into the holidays how you did! Best of Luck!!!

Forum Member

I emailed Tracy soon after too and she told me to be patient . Good luck to you!

Forum Member

Good luck on the test! You do have a point having to do the stair climb first off the bat is tough just starting out

Forum Member

Does anyone know what the nearst airport is to the test site? I'm gonna be coming from Oakland airport. My test is Wednesday.

Forum Member

Does anyone know what the nearst airport is to the test site? I'm gonna be coming from Oakland airport. My test is Wednesday.
    fly into long beach. I live in SF and found tickets from SFO-Long Beach= $106 round trip

Forum Member

Does anyone know if the other two colleges are offering test dates? Rio Hondo is limiting there's and unfortunately I can't make it to this weeks because of block 3 medic school final....and the seen when they "may" have other dates in January, I restart block 4 and vehicular. Can anyone help me out with advice?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzAdAm View Post
    Does anyone know if the other two colleges are offering test dates? Rio Hondo is limiting there's and unfortunately I can't make it to this weeks because of block 3 medic school final....and the seen when they "may" have other dates in January, I restart block 4 and vehicular. Can anyone help me out with advice?
    I was looking into other testing dates as well, just as a backup . I looked at Santa Ana College & Mt Sac and could not find any Biddle dates for Jan 2014. I was going to call tomorrow and talk to admin. The websites are extremely difficult to navigate, so maybe I just missed it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian2013 View Post
    I was looking into other testing dates as well, just as a backup . I looked at Santa Ana College & Mt Sac and could not find any Biddle dates for Jan 2014. I was going to call tomorrow and talk to admin. The websites are extremely difficult to navigate, so maybe I just missed it

I couldn't find anything either, Mt SAC shows through Nov 13. I put a call in to Santa ana so we will see

Forum Member

did anyone receive an email about Biddle test dates??

Forum Member

Yes I'm doing mine on wed 18th at noon. Just got the email on Friday and had to hurry and book a flight and car rental!

Forum Member

Yes I'm doing mine on wed 18th at noon. Just got the email on Friday and had to hurry and book a flight and car rental!
    that is the last day of my paramedic internship, I have to wait until january now. how much was your flight?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian2013 View Post
    did anyone receive an email about Biddle test dates??
    I did Saturday and scheduled my test for Tuesday.

Thread Information