Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Long Beach Fire

Forum Member

Santa Ana doesn't have Biddle test dates til February

Forum Member

I had some rapid reward points saved so it only cost me $27 with a day car rental. Some posted if you fly out of SF to long beach airport it was $106 round trip

Forum Member

So I recieved my email in regards to the Biddle at Rio Hondo and it just gave some dates and times. The ones the could work for me are Jan 3rd, 4th, and 5th at noon. Now I would be coming from Boise and I have to book a flight. But before all that, I was wondering if it is a first come first serve?? Or do i need to schedule for one of the times they emailed me?? The email said absolutely nothing about "first come first serve" and said nothing about scheduling a time to reserve your spot. It just had dates and times.... I hope Im not misunderstanding something simple here...

Forum Member

You need to confirm your date/time.

Forum Member

How do I confirm my date and time then?? I emailed Rio Hondo back asking if I need to just show up or what but I havent recieved an email back. Thanks for the much appreciated help

Forum Member

AFAIK it's pretty informal. Just say, I'd like the Xth day at Y time if it's still available. At least that's what I did (had to reschedule due to family emergency, they were really nice about it being so sudden).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KMC5 View Post
    How do I confirm my date and time then?? I emailed Rio Hondo back asking if I need to just show up or what but I havent recieved an email back. Thanks for the much appreciated help
    Reply back which day you want, I will be 0730 on the 5th. She will hold a spot for you. I believe it is a max of 25-50 per session depending on staff available.

Forum Member

Thanks for the help guys! I emailed them back and my scheduled time is January 4th at noon.

Forum Member

Fellow candidates this should answer some of your questions since I live in SoCal.

Airports if your going to Rio Hondo: Long Beach (LGB) is the your best, LAX (2nd), John Wayne, SNA (3rd)

Biddle vs. CPAT: The Biddle is harder than the CPAT. I am around 7:00 min for the CPAT, which I feel is pretty good. The biddle gasses you out the entire time, so cardio and leg strength is very important, you may not have 50 pounds on the whole time but you are wearing your turnout, helmet and gloves and remember its warm out here and the Biddle is outside.

Scheduling: I did mine yesterday at 12:00 and half the class did not show. It may be hard for some people to be standby but those who live local don't give up.

Forum Member

I did mine yesterday at 12 also the whether was perfect! So much harder then the CPAT I thought I was gonna get a better time! But I'm glad it's done.

Forum Member

Thats weird that half of the class did not show up.... Curious to akav and/or dtower, how long did the whole thing last from the time you got to the facilities till the time they ok'd you guys to leave?? Mine is scheduled at noon so I am just curious how far into the afternoon I will probably be there. It would be cool to fly home later that evening if possible

Forum Member

It took 4 hours from the time we got started at 12 till we got in the car it was 4 on the dot. We had I think 32 people and they divided into 4 groups to help set up the course after each person went. I flew into LAX airport I had to drop off the rental car and I was able to check into the airport around 5:30pm traffic wasn't bad at all. It was along process though bring water and maybe a snack cause you are waiting for awhile before you do the test depending on what group you get.

Forum Member

Akav's entire response is perfect. Remember to bring water and a snack/protein bar because you could be waiting 3hrs before you go. If you want to go first or second you can sit in front of the class during orientation.

Forum Member

Thanks for the quick responses and insightful advice akav and dtower its much appreciated. I will be sure to bring some water and probably a couple protein bars to the testing location.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard if LBFD has a cut off time for the Biddle? For example they are only taking people who get under a specific time?

Forum Member

I heard a pass is a pass, I take mine next month. That is something I heard from someone who took it. Does the biddle certificate have your time on it??

The number I 've heard thrown around was under 7:30 total time...but don't hold me to it. If I find out different I'll post it.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    The number I 've heard thrown around was under 7:30 total time...but don't hold me to it. If I find out different I'll post it.
    does the biddle completion form state your time?? or just state pass/fail?

Forum Member

The Biddle at Rio Hondo has your time on it.

Regardless if there's a time on it or not......just because the test is pass or fail give your very best. In the past the times have been looked at and a certain time was a cut off for going further in the process so don't just do enough to pass.....Good luck to all taking the exam.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Thread Information