Forum Member

Default EMS-EMT Basic jobs

Ok needing a little help here. I been a EMT for 10 years now I love EMS however there is not a lot of jobs here in the bluegrass state for EMT-B. Myself and my family for like to relocate but I'm not having much luck with jobs searching online. I have applied with Richmond Ambulance Authority is VA. Do any one by chance know of any were else EMS wise that is hiring EMT-B. Yes I have my NREMT so that should not be a issue. I would like to stay east of the Mississippi
    and maybe north east ( New England ) area. Any and all help would be great. I would prefer 911 and not taxi transports. Thanks ahead of time I know this is a fire page so please don't eat me alive I also been a Volley Firefighter for 11 years. I just prefer the ambulance and rescue

Let's talk fire trucks!

RAA is one of the most progessive EMS agencies in the US. I hope you'll hear back from them, they've got a very talented staff there.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Try the forum emtlife.com as well, they will have some more EMS focused advice.
    As for jobs, there are EMT-B 911 jobs scattered everywhere. Your best bet would be places that tend to have single role EMS as opposed to fire-based (aka not places like Florida or Maryland).
    The Philly suburbs on both the Jersey and PA sides usually have someone hiring--I think Trenton EMS is hiring right now.

Have you thought about getting your paramedic? It would be a huge pay raise and make you immediately hireable almost anywhere in the country. Even if you can't do it just now, I would recommend you get it ASAP if you think you're going to make EMS your career.

Forum Member

Yes I thought about trying for my medic. I had to drop out due to my son being born early and we spent a lot of time the NICU. However the main issue with that is the cost. 4000 to 5000 is a lot of money for a family of 5. I also thought about the Advanced EMT. I just need to find a nice place for my family and a service that wants a EMT like my self. I'm aggressive and care about what I'm doing. I really do love EMS and rescue. Just Kentucky is so stuck in the good ol boy system. They do not want the type of EMT I am.

Thread Information