Forum Member

Default Explaining resignation

Hey everyone.

Have a pretty significant 2nd interview oral board coming up and was hoping for some advice on explaining my resignation.

I resigned from my previous private ems job pending an investigation of me forging a nurses signature.

Resignation was mutual and I've since been employed at another private ems company.

Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

So what was the true story

Did you do it??

If so that is what you say, not sure how to explain it unless you have a real good story with back up

How long ago

Forum Member

Resignation in lieu of being terminated is going to be viewed the same as being terminated. Forging a nurse's signature is a big deal. Unless there is something that I am missing here, I don't see an easy way out of this.........
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    AspiringFireOfficers.com

Forum Member

hey man. had a similar situation. wondering what you did. long story short, i resigned from a full time FD because of issues with a commanding officer on my shift. I did not have the ability to change shifts trust me I tried and spoke to my captain about it and he brushed it off. The asst chief said it was not a possibility to change shifts because "he didnt want to make anyone mad that a probie was changing shifts for no reason" I was kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I have kept testing and actually scored number 1 on a local FD's test. I had my home interview and didnt hear anything for months. I called and spoke to the asst chief at that department and he stated that I was not going on in the process and it was because I left the other FD in a short amount of time. He even said he did not know if it was anything bad or what the reason was but he said it was a "red flag".

It really sucks because I have a lot of experiance both fire side of things and EMS side. I am still friends with a lot of the guys from that FD and they all still believe I got screwed. I've used other commanding officers from that FD as references but still no go.

Let me know man.

Thread Information