Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cpat

Forum Member

Sorry to hear. Good luck with EMT course. Make sure you practice practice practice for your skills. And study for exams and you will be fine. As long as you show up, do assigned reading and pass your skills you will pass the course. The hardest part is actually the national registry test.
    FF14 likes this.

@Gino_Galli Thank you. I am a little nervous about the tests that we will have every class day. I am going to be putting all my effort into this class.

Forum Member

Where are you taking your EMT class? What I recommend doing is buy the flashcard books at Barnes and Noble for EMT Basic, do the workbook that comes with your textbook ( that is the best way to retain the information learned in that chapter) and read the assigned reading. If you do at least the workbook and reading, you will be just fine.

I am taking my EMT class at my local college. Thank you for the tip about the flashcard books, I definitely will try to go get them.

I also would like to apology in advance if after tomorrow it takes me awhile to respond. This semester is going to be a tough semester and is going to take up a lot of time, especially my EMT class. We are expected to spend 10-20 hours outside the classroom with our squads.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flipper123 View Post
    We work wearing turnouts and an SCBA, which are much more cumbersome than a weight vest.
    Disagree. I would much rather workout with gear and an SCBA than the vest. Normal turnouts and modern SCBA weigh less, as well as they are more evenly distributed on the body than the top-heavy vest.

I watch them often because I am a CPAT Test Proctor.
    The CPAT was created to test old firefighters already on the job, so it was made easy enough that anyone could pass it.

The reason the IAFF and IAFC signed off on it was because the old guys with bad backs could still pass this test, so it could be used as an annual evaluation of their fitness.
    Where you are from, do they just pick people out of a line-up to be Proctor's?

You are expressly PROHIBITED to use the CPAT as an evaluation tool for incumbent firefighters. It is ONLY to be used to test CANDIDATES. From the outset it was designed for that purpose and that purpose alone.

You need to resign your position as a Test Proctor immediately.
    FF14 likes this.

Thread Information