Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Denver Fire 2013/14

Forum Member

Check your email guys . . . I received my schedule.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie11628 View Post
    Are you in state or out of state?

Forum Member

I am out of state.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie11628 View Post
    Out of state here also. I received my schedule yesterday as well. Booking my flight today.

Forum Member

Out of state here also. I received my schedule yesterday as well. Booking my flight today.
    Did you guys get your whole schedule? I was told my background appt. would not be sent to me until next week, but I was told when my other 3 appts are.

Forum Member

My background says . . TBA. I am going to on staying down there till Friday evening like the email says though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by crp99 View Post
    Did you guys get your whole schedule? I was told my background appt. would not be sent to me until next week, but I was told when my other 3 appts are.
    Yes I have my whole schedule. The email said for people coming out of town, they would try and provide a "condensed" schedule. I emailed what I was available and they were able to work with me. So instead of a full week, I only have to spend a few days out there this trip.

Forum Member

Approx 500 questions, true/false answers. Phycalogical test. Your hand WILL be tired.

Forum Member

Guys, I would like to visit a fire station while I'm in town. Should I call first or just stop by? Any specific fire station in Denver?

Forum Member

Sounds like good news as far as hiring. One class probably around Sept. Then I heard possibly one or two more classes over the next two years. It sounds like there are a good number expeted to DROP in the next two years and they will use this list to fill. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Forum Member

How is everybody doing? I checked my status about a week ago and saw that I passed the suitability portion. Are any of you guys who posted earlier still in the game? Also has anybody heard any updates on when background interviews will be conducted?

Forum Member

James, I came here looking for the same information, when is the Background interview? I checked my status also and it says I passed the suitability portion. I have sent in my information for the CPAT back in February. At this point, I am assuming that the civil service is finishing up with the police department this week. From what I understand, the same investigators do police and fire. I have a friend that just did the oral board for the police department this week on Tuesday this is how I know this information although this is just an assumption though.

I have not heard anything since the email we all got back in February with all the CPAT dates and the suitability interview. Let me know if you hear something different. This waiting game is horrible.

Good Luck and I hope to see you in September.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by plateb View Post
    James, I came here looking for the same information, when is the Background interview? I checked my status also and it says I passed the suitability portion. I have sent in my information for the CPAT back in February. At this point, I am assuming that the civil service is finishing up with the police department this week. From what I understand, the same investigators do police and fire. I have a friend that just did the oral board for the police department this week on Tuesday this is how I know this information although this is just an assumption though.

I have not heard anything since the email we all got back in February with all the CPAT dates and the suitability interview. Let me know if you hear something different. This waiting game is horrible.

Good Luck and I hope to see you in September.
    I emailed Mr.Wilson the other day and he told me that they plan on having the background interviews completed by the end of June. I have a feeling that once they get the ball moving again for the fire process it will be a rush to get everything done!! I guess we will have to be patient. The waiting game is definitely the hardest part. Good luck as well.

Forum Member

I received today an email scheduling my cpat practice date. But no other news
    Last edited by Slurth; 04-28-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Forum Member

Default Denver CPAT Test

Just Got the email also about CPAT testing for May. Good Luck Everyone

Forum Member

Default Backround

Jamas check your status online mine changed on Wednesday to Backround check

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by plateb View Post
    Jamas check your status online mine changed on Wednesday to Backround check
    Plateb. Thanks for the heads up. Good to see some progress.

Forum Member

Anybody else knock out their CPAT this weekend?

Before we tested they also mentioned they are looking to hire 4 academies off this list, one in September/October, and 3 more in 2015. The extra academy is proposed because they are opening a new station at the airport.

Forum Member

What preference points are available for the test? Is it just veteran status and the ability to speak Spanish? Taking the test next year so trying to get my head wrapped around it.

Also looks like it's a first come-first serve basis. If you don't register for the test in time are you blocked out entirely?

Forum Member

Darn I'm out . . . just found out from another hiring process. I have a verbal assault from 2001. I had it expunged in 2009 but completely forgot about it! Good luck guys!

Thread Information