+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 First ... 2345678 ... Last
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Denver Fire 2013/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie11628 View Post
    Darn I'm out . . . just found out from another hiring process. I have a verbal assault from 2001. I had it expunged in 2009 but completely forgot about it! Good luck guys!
    Sorry to hear that. Will you be able to test again next round of testing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by spads87 View Post
    What preference points are available for the test? Is it just veteran status and the ability to speak Spanish? Taking the test next year so trying to get my head wrapped around it.

Also looks like it's a first come-first serve basis. If you don't register for the test in time are you blocked out entirely?
    Yes, veteran and bilingual points are the only preference points available. As for the testing process it is a first come-first serve basis. However if you do not get a testing spot you can still put in for a walk in testing spot. Sometimes there a multiple walk in spots open and some days there aren't any. The good thing is you can go as many times as you need until you get to test. Hope that helps.

Forum Member

I'm assuming not , the list of disqualfiers clearly states an assault "ever". I will call recruiting when I get a chance to be sure though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie11628 View Post
    I'm assuming not , the list of disqualfiers clearly states an assault "ever". I will call recruiting when I get a chance to be sure though.

Bummer, bro. Hang in there.
    Last edited by colorado_fire; 07-18-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything recently?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fred_evans View Post
    Has anyone heard anything recently?
    The last I heard at the 2nd cpat practice was there is a tentative academy date the 2nd week of September. The backgrounds should be completed by the end of July and they should have the eligible register by early August. That would mean that conditional offers would have to be made around the 3rdbackgrounds week of August.
    fred_evans likes this.

Forum Member

Anybody else gotten a call from Owens Investigative Service? Any idea what its about?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slurth View Post
    Anybody else gotten a call from Owens Investigative Service? Any idea what its about?
    I have never received a call from them but maybe they are using other sources to help speed up the background process. There is still alot to do if they are going to have an academy start in early September. Have you already spoken with a background investigator previously?

Forum Member

I got a call from the Denver Civil Service investigators but missed the call. She wanted to set up a time for an interview. I tried calling back but so far no response. I also got an e-mail with an updated rank from Jeff Wilson today.

Forum Member

You're right, I have an interview date with a background investigator. Up until now I have not spoken with one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fred_evans View Post
    I got a call from the Denver Civil Service investigators but missed the call. She wanted to set up a time for an interview. I tried calling back but so far no response. I also got an e-mail with an updated rank from Jeff Wilson today.
    I wish I got an email with my rank! Did you send an email asking or did they proactively send the email? If you don't mind me asking what is your rank?

Forum Member

Where are you guys checking on your status?

Forum Member

Nevermind, found it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slurth View Post
    You're right, I have an interview date with a background investigator. Up until now I have not spoken with one.
    They are contacting people listed on the background forms as well, so things are progressing. I assume we should start hearing something new pretty soon with the final CPAT this weekend.

Forum Member

Did anybody hear any new information at the final cpat yesterday?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    Did anybody hear any new information at the final cpat yesterday?
    Pretty much the same info that has been given here already. Once class in Sept with 20 spots. About 6 to 8 will be from the cadet program. The rest will be from our group. If you are in the top 20 ranking, it sounds like you will be considered for the Sept class. After that about three classes next year with 20 per class. They expect the hiring trend to continue till about 2017 from the sounds of things.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Pretty much the same info that has been given here already. Once class in Sept with 20 spots. About 6 to 8 will be from the cadet program. The rest will be from our group. If you are in the top 20 ranking, it sounds like you will be considered for the Sept class. After that about three classes next year with 20 per class. They expect the hiring trend to continue till about 2017 from the sounds of things.
    Thanks for the reply. Looks like we will just have to wait and see!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe a bit off topic but does anyone have an estimate on how many they take through the review process per position? Like if theres 1 opening do they move just 1 or 2 people

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsandoval15 View Post
    Maybe a bit off topic but does anyone have an estimate on how many they take through the review process per position? Like if theres 1 opening do they move just 1 or 2 people
    I am not really sure but I do not think it is a 2 to 1 ratio. My best guess is that they will have a few extras as back ups but that many.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well ill see were I fall I went far down the list but not to far so seeing if I hear something in a year or so.

Forum Member

Check your statuses. Not an exciting update but an update none the less.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by borgintot View Post
    Check your statuses. Not an exciting update but an update none the less.
    Does yours say background report received? The last I heard from Mr. Wilson was the commission will be approving the eligible register at the next commission meeting on 07/18/2014. Hopefully the list will be certified not long after that. If they want to start an academy around the second week of September things will need to start moving pretty fast after the list is approved.

Forum Member

Does yours say background report received? The last I heard from Mr. Wilson was the commission will be approving the eligible register at the next commission meeting on 07/18/2014. Hopefully the list will be certified not long after that. If they want to start an academy around the second week of September things will need to start moving pretty fast after the list is approved.
    Yep, that would be the update.

I have not talked to Mr. Wilson, so that's good to know, thank you. Nice to have some sort of hazy finish line or checkpoint. But yes, tight fit, sending out notifications and doing scheduling the third or fourth week of July. With a possible interview squeezed in between now and the medicals/drug tests, mid-September might be optimistic.

Forum Member

Thanks for the update. That's what mine is saying as well. I was wondering what the timeframe for hearing anything was. Good to know.

Forum Member

Received my CPAT completion certificate in the mail yesterday. I wasn't expecting that and got excited when I got an "official" letter from Denver. Here's to hoping we hear something soon ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information