Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Denver Fire 2013/14

Forum Member

That's good news, I was wondering when the CPAT certs would get sent. Friday commission meeting!

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Received my CPAT completion certificate in the mail yesterday. I wasn't expecting that and got excited when I got an "official" letter from Denver. Here's to hoping we hear something soon ;-)

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone know when the next step is? I'm pretty low on the list and am trying to do some pre-planning for traveling out there.

Forum Member

What is your number?

MembersZone Subscriber

Top 50. It sounds like some people have been re-ranked. I haven't been

Forum Member

How do you know if you've been "re-ranked"?

MembersZone Subscriber

I just thought I read on here some people got an email from Jeff saying they got a new rank number.

Forum Member

Somebody claimed that, but I spoke with Jeff Wilson and he said their was no way to tell anyone's rank at this point.

Forum Member

Shouldn't we know something this week? I would think the re-rank (if it happens at all) would happen once the entire process is complete.

Forum Member

That's my guess... who knows, though, with how drawn out the process has been. Any idea if they are actually conducting interviews? The background process was so thorough I feel like they know everything about me already... HAHAHA!

Forum Member

Anyone care to share their ranking after the test? I was 58th, but who knows now after all is said and done.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by d1verdown View Post
    Shouldn't we know something this week? I would think the re-rank (if it happens at all) would happen once the entire process is complete.
    Hopefully something the beginning of this week since the commission meeting to approve backgrounds was on Friday. You can check your status on the website to see if your background packet passed the commission.

Raptorman: Yeah, I'd really like to know if they are doing interviews too. Pretty tight schedule to start an academy in mid September with all that's left.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by borgintot View Post
    Hopefully something the beginning of this week since the commission meeting to approve backgrounds was on Friday. You can check your status on the website to see if your background packet passed the commission.

Raptorman: Yeah, I'd really like to know if they are doing interviews too. Pretty tight schedule to start an academy in mid September with all that's left.
    My status just says "Background Report Received." Hope we hear back this week. My number is higher than yours Raptorman at 113. I know I won't be considered for the September date, but I fear I may be too for the three academies next year as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

There are interviews, not really scored though. You get a "score" of recommend, highly recommend, and not recommended. The interviews are with a bunch of fire dudes I think, mostly lt's and chiefs. I don't know what they do with that though. Maybe they skip over recommends for the first class and only take highly recommends. The whole process is outlined in a pdf on the civil service commission website and actually has a wealth of information. I'm hoping if an investigator didn't get in touch with you during the process to ask you about something that came up that it kind of indicates you're good. But that's just a guess. I'm hoping the website gets updated Monday

Also, the guy that was in charge of the CPAT said in his speech when I did mine that 30 people had already been eliminated. This was on the day of the second practice session. Sucky for them but good for us I guess.
    Last edited by DexterRutecki; 07-20-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Forum Member

My investigator said she called everyone at the end of her investigation to touch base with them before she wrote her report. d1verdown, 113 is not bad, especially since people have definitely been eliminated along the way. Who knows... I'm not holding my breath because I could get eliminated for anything just like anyone else. Cheers!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DexterRutecki View Post
    There are interviews, not really scored though. You get a "score" of recommend, highly recommend, and not recommended. The interviews are with a bunch of fire dudes I think, mostly lt's and chiefs. I don't know what they do with that though. Maybe they skip over recommends for the first class and only take highly recommends. The whole process is outlined in a pdf on the civil service commission website and actually has a wealth of information. I'm hoping if an investigator didn't get in touch with you during the process to ask you about something that came up that it kind of indicates you're good. But that's just a guess. I'm hoping the website gets updated Monday

Also, the guy that was in charge of the CPAT said in his speech when I did mine that 30 people had already been eliminated. This was on the day of the second practice session. Sucky for them but good for us I guess.
    They may or may not do interviews. They had 2 academies off of the last list and they did interviews for the first one but not for the second. It really depends on the time frame and what they want to do. My guess is there will not be interviews this round due to the tight turn around time. However they could prove me wrong and fit it all in. Time will tell.

On a side note has anyone heard if they had the civil service meeting on Friday? They still have not posted the agenda for the meeting or the previous meetings minutes.

Forum Member

No word yet, hope we hear soon!

Forum Member

A buddy did contact Mr. Wilson, and confirmed that they review 7/18 and 07/25. They hope to have updated app status online by Friday afternoon.
    Last edited by zach0811; 07-21-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zach0811 View Post
    So just heard from a buddy (he heard from a buddy who heard from a buddy) not sure if Mr. Wilson was contacted so this could be nothing. But that half the list was reviewed last Friday and the other half will be reviewed this Friday. Not much but better than nothing.
    Thanks for the update. That sounds like it may be pretty close. I emailed Mr. Wilson today and was told that my background package would be voted on Thursday and updated by that afternoon. I can't wait to get this process rolling again!!

Forum Member

"...you are hereby placed on the eligible register for Entry-Level Firefighter."

Name:  fark_2vho_gajatlNoxt2JB-ZNmTLuPk.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  12.8 KB

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Slurth;1415195]"...you are hereby placed on the eligible register for Entry-Level Firefighter."

Attachment 23553[/Q

Congrats. I hope to hear something Thursday. Hopefully I will have a similar reaction.

MembersZone Subscriber

Where are you roughly on the list? and that's way awesome dude. congrats

Forum Member

Where are you roughly on the list? and that's way awesome dude. congrats
    30's

I suspect after Friday we will be re-ranked. I haven't gotten a revised rank communicated to me thus far while it seems like some have. After everybody in the lowest groups is done being looked over this week it seems inevitable.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Slurth View Post
    30's

I suspect after Friday we will be re-ranked. I haven't gotten a revised rank communicated to me thus far while it seems like some have. After everybody in the lowest groups is done being looked over this week it seems inevitable.
    You're about 20 spots below me. Mine still says background report received. I guess it'd get updated with rejected if they had reviewed my file by now Hopefully soon.

Forum Member

Hopefully we will all hear something soon about where we stand. Good news for sure.

Forum Member

You're about 20 spots below me. Mine still says background report received. I guess it'd get updated with rejected if they had reviewed my file by now Hopefully soon.
    Haha probably. I assume most bad eggs show themselves to be so pretty early in the process.

Thread Information