+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Denver Fire 2013/14

Forum Member

Wink Denver Fire 2013/14

Hello brothers and sisters! Here we go again, good luck to all of you!!!

Forum Member

In! Damn that's scary lol
    Myfireangel likes this.

Forum Member

Me too! Had two computers going and my update took too long on my laptop so was thankful for the desktop.. whew!!

Forum Member

In!!!! I am ready for another long but hopefully successful testing process! Good luck guys!!

Forum Member

Got my test date. I can't believe how fast they fill up.

Forum Member

I was on early refreshing, clicked the link and got through, entered my ssn and selected a time, clicked start application... nothing! Trying to refresh and sure enough by the time it reloaded no times were left. Thank you technology!!

Forum Member

Good luck all, see you out there soon enough!

Forum Member

Got in too! Man, that's a rush. My computer didn't load one of the background question pages and I had to back all the way out. Of course all the dates were gone by then, but I guess it saved my date after the initial SS# and date selection. Eventually made it in though. 4th times a charm right?

Good luck all! Glad to see some familiar names on here.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

I attempted to get in to the testing, I got all the way through the background questions. I was disqualified due to a charge I got when I was a minor, which was 14 years ago! I am a Paramedic so it's not a big deal to me considering it won't do me any good on DFD so I am not filing a request to have it reviewed. Good Luck everyone!

Forum Member

Anyone else notice that the site actually opened up at 8:58am instead of 9:00. I was sitting at my desk refreshing the page every five seconds and looked at the clock when I got in. My phone said the same thing. NBD, just kinda sucks for those who waiting until 9 on the dot only to find out that half the spots were gone already.

Best luck to everybody.

Forum Member

Default 2nd chance

Does anyone know if failing the suitability testing in the previous process makes it impossible to pass on? I have been informed by cc that it is not an automatic dq. I realize it might make it more difficult, just curious How difficult and if anyone has ever been ranked after the same situation.

Btw...it was b/c of differences between the app and background packet. Not anything damming of my character.

Forum Member

What is the suitability deal?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Bev View Post
    Anybody take the written last time? Is it the FireTeam vid. test? Currently in the El Paso FD process. Written exam was the FireTeam vid. test. Wondering if anyone has some info on Denver's written.
    Not fireteam. They do their own, and have for a while. Standard Civil Service test though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
    Does anyone know if failing the suitability testing in the previous process makes it impossible to pass on? I have been informed by cc that it is not an automatic dq. I realize it might make it more difficult, just curious How difficult and if anyone has ever been ranked after the same situation.

Btw...it was b/c of differences between the app and background packet. Not anything damming of my character.
    I know of guys that have failed backgrounds with DFD and at other depts for misunderstandings and it didn't seem to affect their following attempts. I think depts need to be very careful with how they handle these types of situations, so they seem to err on the cautious side though. I wouldn't rule yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkuhn View Post
    What is the suitability deal?
    The suitability is just another name for the psych testing. The whole process is outlined on DFD's site somewhere and on the current testing thread and that probably has the details you are looking for.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Matty_Bev;1391082]
    Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    Not fireteam. They do their own, and have for a while. Standard Civil Service test though.

K. Thanks. But the emotional outlook and interpersonal skills is video based? So it must be similar to the FireTeam situational test or BPAD? What's the weather like in February? My test is on the 13th.
    Oh, I didn't catch that. That's different than past rounds. Sorry, I have no clue then. Let's hope not fireteam.

Feb is generally more snowy than earlier in winter, but it's hit or miss.

Forum Member

For the FireTeam test the math and reading is pass/fail at 70%. If you don't average around 90% for the human relations and mechanical portions it usually isn't good enough to move on unless they are interviewing everyone who passes.

Forum Member

The FireTeam test has all four portions to the test. If they use this test They may choose to leave out some parts of the test, but every one I have taken they didn't leave out the human relations part.

Forum Member

Are we going to see or hear anything before the written test date? I've been checking the website and there isn't anything showing. I have to purchase plane tickets and just wanted to make sure I'm good to go before I buy tickets and take time off work to head out there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Marimba View Post
    Anybody have any techniques or methods for training for high altitude at low altitudes? There is a mask that restricts the air available for inhalation. I don't live in Colorado; just wondering how I can tackle the altitude.
    I'm training on CPAT equipment with this exact mask, a little expensive but a great idea especially for me a sea-level dweller. Also great if you are trying to increase your endurance.

Forum Member

I wouldn't worry about the mask. Train near at 80-90% max heart rate, and most importantly, get to Denver a few days (or more) ahead of time if you can. That will get you started on acclimating to the elevation. Go for a hike in the mountains to speed up the process, but don't forget rest and hydration.

Forum Member

Stupid question, but can anyone confirm the use of scrap paper for the written? Math isn't my thing, so just seeing how I can study/prepare more efficiently.

Thanks.

Good luck!

Forum Member

Excited to see my score right after the test. Fairly average though, 89.5

Kinda bummed, and highly doubt I will move on. Can't compete with preference points.

Anyone else test this week or soon??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coheed85 View Post
    Excited to see my score right after the test. Fairly average though, 89.5

Kinda bummed, and highly doubt I will move on. Can't compete with preference points.

Anyone else test this week or soon??
    Well, great job! Just think about the great job you did taking the test and that you actually took the test. Yes, there are preference points, but you have to have hope. I fly out in two weeks for mine and just focused on doing the best that I can. If you don't mind, how long is the test?
    Sean, VP IAFF Local 61

Forum Member

Does anyone know what score it's taken in the past to be in the top?

Forum Member

Last testing I scored a little over 95% and was ranked 147. I am not sure what the cut off was but it wasn't much lower than a 95.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Marimba View Post
    Would you say the test is easy, hard? Trick questions? Math word problems? What are the interpersonal skills - emotional outlook questions like?

You got through the written? Did you make it through? If not, where did you get hung up? If you don't mind me asking of course.
    I made it to the certified to the manager list and was passed over twice. Once you get passed over two times your name gets removed from the list even if the list is still good. The test it self was fairly easy and was pretty straight forward. There was not anything in the test that I would consider tricky at all. I don't really remember the details about the test but i felt it was very similar to the DRCOG test if you have ever taken that one. I would take as mant practice test as i could to prepare. You can find books online to buy and some libraries will have them to check out. As for the process as a whole the hardest part is the waiting!! Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last

Thread Information