Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default AFG Request Details section

Under the Request Details section about EMS equipment

When I add the total price estimation for an AED and First Aid Kit why does that not add automatically up in the final calculation.

Should that figure be added under Equipment like I added Saws, Fans, Hose or in the General Project Budget in the Vehicle category?

Need a little more info on this one...

"Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) BLS Level" are listed under the EMS/Rescue equipment category. What are you trying to do?

I just tried adding a few times and it seemed to work ok.

MembersZone Subscriber

It looks like even though I will put the EMS costs for equipment on the Requested Details section. I will still need to reenter that amount under the general project or the Equipment section under Additional Funding. Since AED are part of NFPA 1901 it could be added with other equipment like fans, hose..etc?

I am rereading this program guidance now. Seeing how many drop downs I need to fill out each item under ops and safety. Instead of just selecting Vehicle Extrication Equipment I am seeing I need to add up mulitples e.g. spreader/cutters, electrical equipment etc.

I must be wrong but I thought you could only apply for 1 vehicle and 1 equipment with AFG.

Say I add a pumper for consideration besides the main vehicle we are putting in for? Would that be okay or will they add them together?

Forum Member

You can but they're 2 separate applications, not all in 1.

And you can just select Vehicle Extrication Equipment and put the list of everything in one spot, then 1 of the total price added together. Everything hydraulic tool goes in 1 package, all the electrical stuff in another package, etc. Anyone that enters fittings and appliances 1 at a time is a glutton for punishment, package as much related stuff together that makes sense and just describe it in the text box. Otherwise the app gets to be about 50 pages long. Reviewers don't like those so much....

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks

I am breaking down to 2 Vehicle Extrication and Electrical.. I def. do not see anywhere in the drop down for scene lighting just generators?

Lights are listed under "Investigation" in the Equipment dropdown.

I must say that from the questions you are asking, you seem to be doing quite a bit of "shopping." Remember that the must successful AFG applications are those that focus on need.

Forum Member

By that Dr. Sly means that anything costing less than your matching money looks like greed not need. A first aid kit, even the industrial ones in cabinets for businesses don't cost enough for a grant. A jump bag is all disposable supplies, and other than the bag itself nothing that goes in it is eligible. Can't get band-aids, trauma dressings, ace bandages, etc. Hard capital equipment.

Same reason AFG doesn't give out hand tools, can't ask for a grant totaling $2,000, matching $100, and then part of the app being an axe for $100. Match = cash in hand, so whatever you're listing off shouldn't be less than your matching amount otherwise it looks like you should have bought it already.

Also you could put all the lighting and cords in with the generator item, as long as things are described in the text box all is well. Include individual prices with the items in there, much easier than entering 2 - 100ft cords, then 2 -50ft cords, etc, etc.

Thread Information