Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mooseisonfire

Thread: Hello from San Jose, California!

Forum Member

Default Hello from San Jose, California!

Hey all,

My names Nolan Morton im 23, little back story-seasonal firefighter for Cal Fire since 2010, EMT-B, FF I Academy. Been testing with departments for the last 3 years. Lately I have been applying to alot of departments out-of-state. Recently took Detroits test (a department ive been waiting to test for since I began my endeavors to become a firefighter). I am brand new to this site and I was hopeing I could get pointed in the right direction as of where I could find forums about people that are currently in Detroits process.

Thank you,
    Nolan Morton
    FF14 likes this.

Forum Member

You do know Detroit has money problems

Forum Member

That's never mattered to me, I'm single, no kids, I'll I've wanted to be is a firefighter, wether it's 2 years on a SAFER grant or 30 years. Doesn't matter.

Forum Member

From one fellow San Josean to another, Welcome! Here are a few forums I found. Just curious, have you applied for SJ Fire? You have a lot of the qualifications that they're looking for. I applied, but unfortunately I don't have my EMT, so it doesn't look like I'll have a chance this time around.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t127151/ (Detroit Fire Department Firefighter AUGUST 19, 2013)

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t127626/ (City of Detroit, Michigan)

Forum Member

I was told they are freezing all hiring of 100 firefighters as of right now. They just received at 55 million dollar grant to repair equipment and hire personnel. Your best bet is to go on the detroit firefighters union website to get detsils. My buddies are in the testing process with them right now.

Forum Member

Thanks for your responses, I wasnt really expecting Detroits process to go smoothly, hope they get this hiring going before they start to lose money on the grant! HR told me a week ago that they started sending out rejection emails.

Forum Member

I dont know about that because people are going out there today and tomorrow to take the test still. I know of at least 4 people that are scheduled. one today and 3 tomorrow. If people are still testing, then they wouldn't be sending out rejection letters quite yet unless people didn't even pass the minimum percentage which is usually 70%.

Thread Information