Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: L.o.d.d

MembersZone Subscriber

It really sucks to lose any of our emergency response team family members. I'd be very interested to read the full report about what actually happened. Frequently, law enforcement and rope rescue people use very different techniques and equipment and have different mind-sets. It certainly is not that they are wrong and we are right, (just look on you tube for plenty of examples of so called "rope rescuers" royally screwing up) it is doing proper safety checks before loading the system, playing the "What If" game and keeping your people safe.

Mike Dunn

My first thought was that it is the same mistake that is made with most cliff rescues, edge attendants are just going to "take a look" over the edge to see what is going on. It is the spot I find most climbers becoming very tunnel visioned. They may be thinking all about the anchors and others job's and manage to forget the most important thing..... them self and being tied off. I know personally for me it is my worst nightmare. To often I have seen and have recently lost a co-worker to a mistake due to complacency or "brain fart". It's a human flaw that everyone has. That is why it is up to each team member to be the others keeper. Gravity never takes a break.

Thread Information