Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NJ Ticket While Using Blue Lights - Help!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RBFunk View Post
    It's people like you that make life difficult for the rest of us. You believe that you are above the law and are entitled to special privileges. You don't realize that the rest of us are judged by your actions too.

I am going to change my advice to you. Before you go to court, take all your personal belongings out of your car. Because when the prosecutor see's that PA registration he isn't going to buy that **** and bull story about the credit union. Then you are going to have to explain why you are two towns outside of Sayreville to get food for your crew. I know there are plenty of places for food in Sayerville so there is no need for you to drive thru Perth Amboy or East Brunswick to get to Edison. Then you are going to have to tell the judge the legal precedent that allows you to ignore the law that says TWO lights not eight. Then you better just plead guilty to operating your car without your license. The reason I said that you should clean out your car is because the prosecutor is going to ask that your car be impounded until you get your paperwork straightened out so you might want to have a friend available to drive you to DMV to get that done. Oh that's after you pay your fines. Bring lots of cash or a credit card, they won't take a check. BTW if the prosecutor is the Joe Lombardi I think it is, this is pretty much a sure thing. He was a tight *** in high school and I bet age has not mellowed him.

In closing I just want to say that I have one blue light in my POV and nothing hanging from the mirror. If you were on my squad you would be suspended for 60 days and not allowed to respond to calls until you fixed your lights and got your car registration in order. The liability you are opening your squad to is enormous. If something was to happen while you were responding to a call and the other driver said that your lights distracted them, your insurance company would drop you in a second and your town and squad would be on the hook for allowing you to disregard the law.
    Ive been cordial to this point but you my sir can go f*ck yourself with a long spiked bat. Who the f*ck are you to tell me what to do with my car?

You can google it as to why I cant transfer my registration to nj with an out of state lender. Better yet call the DMV. Regardless, I have a blue permit from Pennsylvania as well as I was a volunteer out there as well. I never said I was entitled to any special privileges I said you would think the cop would understand why I forgot the wallet in my rig.

Thats fantastic for your squad, glad im not there. I dont bother anyone with my lights and thus I dont get bothered about my lights. And if you know sayreville go ahead and tell me more than 4 places that good food can be picked up that you wouldnt get sick of after eating there almost daily. If you really know sayreville as well as you say you do you would clearly know that edison connects to sayreville by the driscoll bridge where briefly, for about 2 minutes, your in woodbridge while on the driscoll.

Enough is enough already.

I said thank you and wished you all the best in your endeavors.

So in closing I would like to say thats fantastic for you and your one light, luckily I can afford to buy more than 1 light and can afford to pay any fones associated with having more than one light. I cant stand hypocritical a*sh*oles.

Let the one who has not sinned cast the first stone.

Tarek

Let us all hope your third strike will resolve the issue. hopefully the prosecuter will research your history & ask the judge to throw the book at you.
    WE are not all brothers here young whacker.
    As I posted earlier in this thread you are a jolly vollie with a NJ FAS. You are not abouve the law.
    You are not special. You give all members of the profession a bad reputation and cause many officials to paint all volunteers with the same paint brush.

Don't need the phone number as the call has already been made to the state.

Forum Member

"""There is something called professional courtesy"""""

I do not expect that, and I do not ask for it, and I gave up along time ago flashing the badge, and I have two of them fd and pd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Let us all hope your third strike will resolve the issue. hopefully the prosecuter will research your history & ask the judge to throw the book at you.
    WE are not all brothers here young whacker.
    As I posted earlier in this thread you are a jolly vollie with a NJ FAS. You are not abouve the law.
    You are not special. You give all members of the profession a bad reputation and cause many officials to paint all volunteers with the same paint brush.

Don't need the phone number as the call has already been made to the state.
    Never said we were all brothers. I said were on the same side, which we are. I hope the brush they're using is a bright colored blue.

As far as being special thats not what my 3rd grade teacher told me. And stop calling me young, I may be young but im more mature than you will ever know.

Not sure what youve been referring to when you say "jolly vollie" kinda sounds like you like little children that youre trying to lure somewhere.

Damn, did you really call the state? Why woul....LOL. Real quick, ask me if I care. You know where your phone call will go? About as far as you did in life...

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/N...ansferring.htm

"If you have a title with a lienVisit your local*MVC Agency*to obtain an application to release the titleLienholders must have a 15-digit*NJ corporation code (corpcode)*to issue a NJ titleMail completed form to the lien holder Ė the lien holder will then send the title to MVC agency deignated on the application to release titleMVC will notify you when you can return to the Agency to complete a sales tax form and Application for Certificate of Ownership (OS/SS-7)Pay $85 title feeThe New Jersey title will then be sent to the lien holder"

"There are also exemtions that allow temporary non-residency registration for motor vehciles, for example students or military personal qualify"

Guess what? Im a college student in PA...

Guess what? Even if I wasnt my lien holder has no NJ Corp Code go ahead look it up Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union...ill wait....

So on that note, your argument is invalid and I sure do hope that someone issues me a citation that ill fight and win.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tarek.hassan204 View Post
    Never said we were all brothers. I said were on the same side, which we are. I hope the brush they're using is a bright colored blue.

As far as being special thats not what my 3rd grade teacher told me. And stop calling me young, I may be young but im more mature than you will ever know.

Not sure what youve been referring to when you say "jolly vollie" kinda sounds like you like little children that youre trying to lure somewhere.

Damn, did you really call the state? Why woul....LOL. Real quick, ask me if I care. You know where your phone call will go? About as far as you did in life...

"If you have a title with a lienVisit your local*MVC Agency*to obtain an application to release the titleLienholders must have a 15-digit*NJ corporation code (corpcode)*to issue a NJ titleMail completed form to the lien holder – the lien holder will then send the title to MVC agency deignated on the application to release titleMVC will notify you when you can return to the Agency to complete a sales tax form and Application for Certificate of Ownership (OS/SS-7)Pay $85 title feeThe New Jersey title will then be sent to the lien holder"

"There are also exemtions that allow temporary non-residency registration for motor vehciles, for example students or military personal qualify"

Guess what? Even if I wasnt my lien holder has no NJ Corp Code go ahead look it up Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union...ill wait....

So on that note, your argument is invalid and I sure do hope that someone issues me a citation that ill fight and win.
    When I read this , I thought -about Paul Harvey -where is the rest of the story? And I was right - another self important wanna be that not, only is he still *****ting yellow, but he doesn't give a crap if his actions dump his Gerber infused crap on the rest of us ,that try our best to paint the fire service in a good light. Gotta just ask about your little tale there junior -if your first run crew were tied up, don't you guys have mutual aid. I don't know about all of New Jersey, but the parts of it I have been in , have FDs on two foot centers. Grow up
    ?

What's with the attitude. Don't like the possibility that you could be in big trouble? You came here looking for help but everytime you post, you bring up something else illegal that you are doing. Driving without your license, too many lights, not having you car registered in NJ

Listen, here's some more free help for you. The link you posted isn't the right one. That's for transferring the title. The one you need is: http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/N...gistration.htm.
    Hopefully you can get your registration fixed before court. I really recommend getting things straightened out before hand. I don't know what you are going to do about getting a NJ insurance card but that's the choices you made.

Let us know how it turns out
    Demons run when good men go to war.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Serious question: if NJ & PA are courtesy light states, what's the reason for loading your personal vehicle with hundreds of dollars worth of strobes and LED's if they don't grant you any privileges?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Serious question: if NJ & PA are courtesy light states, what's the reason for loading your personal vehicle with hundreds of dollars worth of strobes and LED's if they don't grant you any privileges?
    pull it in a dark garage -fire em up and have a little "me time"
    ?

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by tarek.hassan204 View Post

You have no understanding of Brotherhood at all. You are so typical of your generation. You believe you are special because if you didn't you would just follow the law. You have said here repeatedly that you KNOW your car is in violation of the law but that you don't care.

Oh my GOD! That is some of the funniest crap I have ever read on here. You mature?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA!!

This is your idea of mature discourse? You are just making yourself look ridiculous every time you post.

Um, he has gone farther than you ever will JUNIOR!

"If you have a title with a lienVisit your local*MVC Agency*to obtain an application to release the titleLienholders must have a 15-digit*NJ corporation code (corpcode)*to issue a NJ titleMail completed form to the lien holder – the lien holder will then send the title to MVC agency deignated on the application to release titleMVC will notify you when you can return to the Agency to complete a sales tax form and Application for Certificate of Ownership (OS/SS-7)Pay $85 title feeThe New Jersey title will then be sent to the lien holder"

You are apathetic little man who brings crap storms down on the fire service with your spoiled brat attitude.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Serious Answer.

It being a courtesy light in NJ is a thing of the past. I believe it was Gov. Whitman who signed into law what our current law is and Blue Emergency Lights are just that. Emergency lights. They do not grant any special privileges when it comes to the law to the person operating the vehicle. Technically, Police Cars, Fire Truck and Ambulances also do not receive any special privileges. What emergency lights do is require other drivers to yield the right of way to the emergency vehicle. If they do not, they can be ticketed but it does not allow you to then go and break the law. You must wait for all vehicles on the road to YIELD you the right of way. And technically according to state law if you have a blue light permit you may operate you emergency lights in any town while responding to an emergency in your jurisdiction. Obviously some prudence here is required and your local department may have rules and regulations but that doesn't mean you can be summons for breaking that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Blue light permits are not statewide. They are signed by the executive officer (usually Mayor) of the town they are applied for. They have zero value outside of that town.

Your Mayor can't give you permission to use a blue light in any town other than his.

Pay your fine and move on.
    This is so false.

professional courtesy has to be earned by your actions It is much the same as respect from your peers.. It can not be demanded from anyone.

Wacking through someone else's town with illegal freak show lights WILL NOT earn you courtesy.

Originally Posted by tarek.hassan204

What your 3rd grade teacher was implying is you are so special you should be in the institution at rahway

I'm pretty sure that your mommy & daddy were still trying to figure out how to play hide the sausage in jr high school when I started in EMS my young spanker.

Damn, did you really call the state? Why woul....LOL. Real quick, ask me if I care. You know where your phone call will go?

Yes : i made a call to an old friend who served in the Navy with me back in the 70's.
    look over your shoulder >>>>>> :-}

Child, grow up.

You had that SOA card, but NOT your DL? I know, I know, you carry the SOA card in the glove compartment. Too much cash in your wallet. The card makes it bulge out too much.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

What is it lately with the number of wise a z z young people coming on here and stirring up s h i t storms?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Quote Originally Posted by doc13mets View Post
    Technically, Police Cars, Fire Truck and Ambulances also do not receive any special privileges.
    If that is the case, why can they overtake intersections, while a blue-lighter can't?

39:4-91 Right of way of emergency vehicles; liability of drivers.

39:4-91. a. The driver of a vehicle upon a highway shall yield the right of way to any authorized emergency vehicle when it is operated on official business, or in the exercise of the driver's profession or calling, in response to an emergency call or in the pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law and when an audible signal by bell, siren, exhaust whistle or other means is sounded from the authorized emergency vehicle and when the authorized emergency vehicle, except a police vehicle, is equipped with at least one lighted lamp displaying a red light visible under normal atmospheric conditions from a distance of at least five hundred feet to the front of the vehicle.

Notice it says RED light, which is only permitted to the chiefs...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

In NJ Fire, Police and Ambulance all have red lights and sirens and may go through red lights. At least for Fire and Ambulance must come to a complete stop before proceeding through a red light. I am not a cop so I don't know for sure but I would guess they are supposed to stop too.

Blue lights are for personally owned vehicles which don't have sirens.
    Demons run when good men go to war.

Quote Originally Posted by RBFunk View Post
    In NJ Fire, Police and Ambulance all have red lights and sirens and may go through red lights. At least for Fire and Ambulance must come to a complete stop before proceeding through a red light. I am not a cop so I don't know for sure but I would guess they are supposed to stop too.

Blue lights are for personally owned vehicles which don't have sirens.
    Which proves my point. POV's aren't emergency vehicles in NJ, even if the public is supposed to grant right-of-way. Doc13met's post was inaccurate.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Let us not forget the little spanker has a siren installed in his 6 yr old fusion which he shows off in his video. How many illegal things does he figure the cop is going to look the other way on.

I bet in his real part time job , he's a security guard at the mall.

people actually take out a loan to buy a 6 yr old beater???
    I don't take out loans to buy new vehicles,

But then again I'm not successful in life. :-}

Forum Member

If that is the case, why can they overtake intersections, while a blue-lighter can't?

39:4-91 Right of way of emergency vehicles; liability of drivers.

39:4-91. a. The driver of a vehicle upon a highway shall yield the right of way to any authorized emergency vehicle when it is operated on official business, or in the exercise of the driver's profession or calling, in response to an emergency call or in the pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law and when an audible signal by bell, siren, exhaust whistle or other means is sounded from the authorized emergency vehicle and when the authorized emergency vehicle, except a police vehicle, is equipped with at least one lighted lamp displaying a red light visible under normal atmospheric conditions from a distance of at least five hundred feet to the front of the vehicle.

Notice it says RED light, which is only permitted to the chiefs...
    Check the verbiage for the red light law in NJ, it's written EXACTLY the same as the blue light law.

No where in the NJ state statue does it give permission for Police, Fire or Ambulance to "take" the intersection. I'm just speaking to the letter of the law here.

Forum Member

Which proves my point. POV's aren't emergency vehicles in NJ, even if the public is supposed to grant right-of-way. Doc13met's post was inaccurate.
    Read the citation from the law that you posted yourself.

Blue light law for volunteers:

6.Nothing contained herein is intended to grant to any member of a volunteer fire company, a volunteer first aid or rescue squad or a volunteer Office of Emergency Management any privileges or exemptions denied to the drivers of other vehicles, and such members operating emergency warning lights shall drive with due regard for the safety of all persons and shall obey all the traffic laws of this State including R.S.39:4-81, provided, however, that the drivers of non-emergency vehicles upon any highway shall yield the right of way to the vehicle of any member of a volunteer fire company, a volunteer first aid or rescue squad or a volunteer Office of Emergency Management operating emergency warning lights in the same manner as is provided for authorized emergency vehicles pursuant to R.S.39:4-92.

Then refer to R.S. 39:4-92 since they are granted those privileges

N.J.S.A. 39:4-92 says that when an authorized emergency vehicle with an audible signal, and equipped, is immediately approaching:
    a) The drivers of every vehicle on the road must drive as near as possible and parallel to the right-hand edge or curb of the highway, and out of intersections, and stop and remain there until the authorized vehicle has passed.
    b) The driver or person in control of a street car must immediately stop the car away from the intersection of the highway and keep it stopped until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed.
    In addition, unless on official business, no driver of any vehicle may follow an authorized emergency vehicle, that’s traveling in response to an emergency, closer than 300 feet. No driver of any vehicle may driver nearer to, or park within 200 feet of, any fire department vehicle that has stopped in response to a fire alarm.

POV's are defined as emergency vehicles in NJ if you have all of the following, 1. The proper permit, 2. Emergency Lights and 3. Operating the vehicle with Emergency lights activated.

POV's operating under these conditions are granted the same provisions provided to emergency vehicles in R.S. 39:4-92

No where in NJ state will you find permission for any vehicle, emergency or not, to go through a red light. Although it is clearly not enforced and I don't believe it should be enforced while emergency vehicles are operating safely.

Thread Information