Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New era Wigwag module

MembersZone Subscriber

And the OP, who did his original post about this product, now is backed up by another poster, never posted before also, just became a new member, from the same state as the OP, and the company.

And you folks don't think the OP was just a schill for the company????

Forum Member

Thanks for all of the replys guys. I have been diving into the laws for emergency vehicles in MI over the last few days. What I have discovered is VFD POVs are considered emergency vehicles in MI, the same as cops, firetrucks or even private ambulances. I also discovered there is law that says all emergency vehicles should have a rooftop mounted light (Blue and red for cops, red and white for all others). They do not address head light/tail light flashers whether that would be wigwags or strobes. They also do not address interior lights on the dash or rear deck.

So I am not sure what to make of it. Technically a good majority of emergency vehicles around here are illegal, including the cops! I will have to continue my research.

Oh, and here is a DVD set for LVFD301
    http://tinyurl.com/kdztr45

MembersZone Subscriber

Conspiracy? Nah. Just misguided marketing. I normally sniff them out pretty quick, as a search of my messages shows. My BS detector is sharp.

I noticed you don't deny it either.

Forum Member

While you are at it installing the wig wags, lights and other good old related stuff, get an exhaust siren and a set of train horns have that installed as well.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    While you are at it installing the wig wags, lights and other good old related stuff, get an exhaust siren and a set of train horns have that installed as well.
    Michigan volunteers were running RLAS in the 1950's. There are areas such as my old hometown that are rather built-up, making RLAS a necessity for a timely response to the station. FF's there are township employees (POC), so I'm sure the township has a say in what they run, too.

That's not to say that there aren't some yahoos who get carried away, but in general I'd opine that things aren't as wild and wooly as some would like to assume.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Forum Member

Lvfd301 your sniffers off
    As for a shill I don't shill for anyone. Yes it is my first post on here because I just joined but guys on my department do have the lights he was talking about figured I could help but guess not. But to anyone that does care the box Todd d is talking about is a good deal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddb View Post
    Thanks for all of the replys guys. I have been diving into the laws for emergency vehicles in MI over the last few days. What I have discovered is VFD POVs are considered emergency vehicles in MI, the same as cops, firetrucks or even private ambulances. I also discovered there is law that says all emergency vehicles should have a rooftop mounted light (Blue and red for cops, red and white for all others). They do not address head light/tail light flashers whether that would be wigwags or strobes. They also do not address interior lights on the dash or rear deck.

So I am not sure what to make of it. Technically a good majority of emergency vehicles around here are illegal, including the cops! I will have to continue my research.

l]
    Volunteer firefighters do not fall under the same category as law enforcement or ambulances.

Another thing to check is ask your insurance company if they cover you for liability or collision if you have a crash while responding with aforementioned lights running emergency.
    Most won't cover you and will cancel your policy.

Quite sure the leasing contract might be void also if the lease calls for personal use.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Volunteer firefighters do not fall under the same category as law enforcement or ambulances.
    As noted, though - many of those MI "volunteers" are technically not volunteers - they're paid employees. Thus if their employer (typically a township or village) signs off on it, their vehicles do become emergency vehicles on a par with other emergency vehicles.

I do believe NY considers a fire chief's vehicle, when displaying RLAS, a bona fide emergency vehicle.

I recall that Dad had to tell the insurance company he had a light on his vehicle - albeit only a flashing red sealed beam mounted on the bumper. That was in MI in the 50's.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Thread Information