Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FireMuscleMan21

Thread: South Metro Fire In Denver

Forum Member

Default South Metro Fire In Denver

Anyone here familiar with this department? I am looking at applying for the FF/Medic Lateral Transfer position. I have heard great things about this department and read up on their website. Is the written test hard or is it like the Paramedic NR Test? What about the hands on test after the written? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Forum Member

SMFD will end up taking over most of the metro area, great department! Testing wont be easy..
    ColoradoDave likes this.

Forum Member

The FIRETEAM will be part of the test as well.

From what I understand, the Practical portion of the Medic test has, traditionally, been vary difficult. We had 0, nil, none, zip make it through the process when I went through. All the folks in the academy made it through on the Basic track.

It's a great department though. I love waking up and going into work. They take great care of their employees, have great equipment, and some outstanding officers.

Forum Member

Is the Aurora Testing process similar or do you even know? I have really looked into South Metro and It looks like an amazing department. I don't have a perfect background but I have learned from my mistakes and haven't had any run in with law enforcement not even a warning for speeding in 5 years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armyfire245 View Post
    Is the Aurora Testing process similar or do you even know? I have really looked into South Metro and It looks like an amazing department. I don't have a perfect background but I have learned from my mistakes and haven't had any run in with law enforcement not even a warning for speeding in 5 years.
    http://www.southmetrolateralhire.com...iring-process/

The timeline is here, lays it out nicely. SMFRA is an amazing place. No place better to work.

Forum Member

Yeah I saw the outline of the process, I was referring to like their background investigation. Aurora was one of the hardest and the most interesting processes I have ever been a part of. I have experience in both 911 EMS as a paramedic as well as the Fire side. Just my background isn't the greatest as I made a lot of mistakes a younger guy.

Forum Member

Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, criminal history review, physical, medical evaluation, drug screen and psychological exam - See more at: http://www.southmetrolateralhire.com....xaV9pTed.dpuf

I guess it depends on how bad what ever you did was. You know how it goes, they will hire the best of the best.

Forum Member

Thanks for your input Colorado Dave! Does anyone know if they give preference points to Military or not?

Forum Member

They do, I'm prior military. 5 points. Not sure about army though, that might count against you.

Are you down at Carson? A 12Mike?

Forum Member

I am a reservist 12M. Im from outside of Colorado also. Does the department hire a lot of ex military?

Forum Member

And unfortunately, GL getting into a CO department with out having Colorado certs

Forum Member

All of my Certifications are either Proboard or IFSAC or both. I emailed the HR about it and they said, those two are taken by SMFRA.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything after the oral board? Timeline on notifications?

Forum Member

The Epi Infusion killed me as well as the Paramedic LT scenario. I didn't go on to the Oral Board. Good luck!

Forum Member

Did you hear anything yesterday or know anyone who did? According to the website, yesterday was the day. Good luck!

cabbens: your private messages are off
    Last edited by MakeTheStretch; 02-08-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Forum Member

I tested and interviewed as well. Haven't heard anything and neither have a few other people I know that interviewed. Hopefully we will hear this week. Good luck!

Thread Information