Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Founder of PMI, Steve Hudson Passes Away

Many of you are probably familiar with Pigeon Mountain Industries (PMI) as one of the leaders in rope manufacturing for rescue, caving, industrial applications, as well as climbing.

Recent sad news about the founder and president, Steve Hudson, passing away earlier in the week.

From PMI...
    It is with great sadness that PMI needs to inform you of the death of beloved PMI President and Industry Pioneer Steve Hudson. Widely known and loved throughout the industry Steve was unexpectedly taken from us last night.

No further details are available at this time.

PMI's executive team is committed to ensuring that Steve's dedication to quality, technical excellence, and integrity in business lives on in the legacy of PMI. We would like to take this moment to thank you, the extended family that Steve loved, for your thoughts, prayers, and concerns for the immediate family, the PMI family, and all who valued this wonderful man.

If you wish to send condolences to Steve's wife, Diane, and the PMI family, please email pmi@pmirope.com

Your Friends at PMI
    Steve was a big proponent of improving the techniques and equipment used for rope-based rescue and work applications. PMI was a big sponsor of ITRS as a forum to bring rope rescue experts from across disciplines together to share ideas and comaraderie. He will be missed.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=MtnRsq;
    Steve was a big proponent of improving the techniques and equipment used for rope-based rescue and work applications. PMI was a big sponsor of ITRS as a forum to bring rope rescue experts from across disciplines together to share ideas and comaraderie. He will be missed.[/QUOTE]

I first met Steve in 1980 and he was always available to answer questions, debate ideas and theories and conduct research. I was at one of the ITRS symposiums several years ago when he told me he had throat cancer and knowing my fire service background, encouraged me to get a check up annually (like we are all supposed to be doing). As much as I hate going to doctors, I listened to Steve and got checked out. That is when the doc found a basil cell carcinoma on my ear and did surgery. I probably would have blown off going to the doc but it was always very hard not to listen to Steve and follow his advise.

I will definitely miss him as a friend, as a teacher, as an innovator, as a rescuer, and as just an all around good guy to know.

Mike Dunn

Thread Information