Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Poudre Fire Authority

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trio03 View Post
    Well done James. I am unfortunately not moving on. Good luck the rest of the way.
    Sorry to hear that bro. Are you in any other processes?

Forum Member

Moving on. One of the 3 guys I know that also interviewed is continuing as well.

Looks to be about a %50 attrition rate so far. Not quite as good as sniper school but it's up there. Good luck to those moving on. To those that aren't, stay in the fight.

Forum Member

Let's go, WB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by William Bourbonstreet View Post
    Moving on. One of the 3 guys I know that also interviewed is continuing as well.

Looks to be about a %50 attrition rate so far. Not quite as good as sniper school but it's up there. Good luck to those moving on. To those that aren't, stay in the fight.
    Congrats WB. It looks as if you are testing across the whole united states. I swear I see your name in almost every thread!!!

I was under the impression that there was only going to be between 50 to 70 people going to the next interview. It would be nice to know what the final numbers were!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by James004 View Post
    Congrats WB. It looks as if you are testing across the whole united states. I swear I see your name in almost every thread!!!

I was under the impression that there was only going to be between 50 to 70 people going to the next interview. It would be nice to know what the final numbers were!
    Thanks. Fire for effect. All the departments I'm applying to are good departments that need bodies. Each have pros and cons, from weather to budget issues, but it will be a hard choice if multiple offers start coming in.

In the presentation posted online they said the top 55-65 people would advance to the oral résumé. It is a chance to show what is special about you. A friend made it that far a few years back, made a power point presentation and everything, but was passed over.

Forum Member

Thanks. Fire for effect. All the departments I'm applying to are good departments that need bodies. Each have pros and cons, from weather to budget issues, but it will be a hard choice if multiple offers start coming in.

In the presentation posted online they said the top 55-65 people would advance to the oral résumé. It is a chance to show what is special about you. A friend made it that far a few years back, made a power point presentation and everything, but was passed over.
    Having your choice of departments would be a great problem to have.

On a side note emails have been sent with the interview times and dates. I got schedule for April 21st at 2:00 PM. Hope to see you guys there.

Forum Member

I had my interview today and feel much better than the last round. Did anybody body else have their interview today? If so how did it go. Good luck to those that still have not had theirs.

Forum Member

I'm up tomorrow. I'm already getting the pre-interview bubble guts.

Forum Member

I'm up tomorrow. I'm already getting the pre-interview bubble guts.
    Haha. I know how you feel. I am sure you will do great. From the sounds of it you have had lots of practice lately. Good luck today.

Forum Member

Haha. I know how you feel. I am sure you will do great. From the sounds of it you have had lots of practice lately. Good luck today.
    You'd think so, but I'm pretty sure I blew it. No one to blame but myself. Hopefully they'll see that I'd be a good addition to their department despite all the aimless rambling I was doing. I'm pretty sure I accidentally insulted their department, sounded like a gossip, and topped it off with some mild racism. The aftermath was especially frustrating given how untrue those things are and how much I wanted a spot there. The upside is that I've finally figured out what I need to do to correct what just happened. Too bad it was at the sacrifice of one of the most desirable departments I can think of.

Good luck to ya man, and all the guys on here that will be moving on.

Forum Member

You'd think so, but I'm pretty sure I blew it. No one to blame but myself. Hopefully they'll see that I'd be a good addition to their department despite all the aimless rambling I was doing. I'm pretty sure I accidentally insulted their department, sounded like a gossip, and topped it off with some mild racism. The aftermath was especially frustrating given how untrue those things are and how much I wanted a spot there. The upside is that I've finally figured out what I need to do to correct what just happened. Too bad it was at the sacrifice of one of the most desirable departments I can think of.

Good luck to ya man, and all the guys on here that will be moving on.
    Sorry to hear that WB. It's not over till its over so keep your head up. I thought I blew the first one. At least the wait isn't too long. Are u in state?

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that WB. It's not over till its over so keep your head up. I thought I blew the first one. At least the wait isn't too long. Are u in state?
    Thanks, and you're right about the wait. I'm in CO.

Forum Member

The excitement is killing me!!! I hope the emails get sent out early today!!! Good luck everybody.

Forum Member

The excitement is killing me!!! I hope the emails get sent out early today!!! Good luck everybody.
    Haven't heard anything on this end either.

Forum Member

Haven't heard anything on this end either.
    Emails have been sent. I made the cut but was hoping for a better ranking!

Forum Member

Emails have been sent. I made the cut but was hoping for a better ranking!
    As I suspected, I got the axe. A friend of mine made it through but like you, could use a better rank. Hope you get the call man, good luck.

Forum Member

As I suspected, I got the axe. A friend of mine made it through but like you, could use a better rank. Hope you get the call man, good luck.
    Sorry to hear that bro. Hope all goes well with the other processes you are already in.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard if there has been any movement in the process or if they are even having an academy start this fall?

Forum Member

Has anyone heard if there has been any movement in the process or if they are even having an academy start this fall?
    Nothing new so far from the friends I have on the list.

Forum Member

Nothing new so far from the friends I have on the list.
    Thanks for the reply WB.

Forum Member

Has anybody heard any news or updates?

Forum Member

James,

My buddy was picked up for the upcoming academy. He starts the 18th. He doesn't know how many others were picked up. He was ranked no. 1

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorT View Post
    James,

My buddy was picked up for the upcoming academy. He starts the 18th. He doesn't know how many others were picked up. He was ranked no. 1
    Trevor,

Thanks for the update. That is great news. I am about halfway down the list so every class they have means I am a little bit closer. Please keep us posted if you hear any new information or how many people where selected for this academy.

Thread Information