Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Poudre Fire Authority

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Poudre Fire Authority

Anyone get the email to move on in the process? I was pretty surprised. I was disappointed in my FireTeam scores.

Forum Member

Yep, just submitted the application. Good luck to ya.

Forum Member

Yes, I too was disappointed in my FireTeam scores but I am happy to be moving on.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have either of you tested at PFA before? Or have you heard how many they normally take for interviews?
    Best of luck to both of you.

Forum Member

I have not and I have no idea. All I know about the process is what's posted on their website and from the recent emails. No more than you I'd imagine.

Good luck to you too, amigo.

Forum Member

I have not tested for PFA and I do not know any of the details either. Good luck with the process.

Forum Member

According to their informational meeting, which is posted on Youtube, they are moving approx. 300 forward in the process.

Forum Member

Did everybody get the email for the panel interview? Mine is scheduled for March 13th. Does anybody know what the next step would be after the panel interview? My best guess is the oral resume interview but that is only a guess.

Forum Member

I got mine as well. I assume you are correct but I am not sure either. I think the process is listed on the NTN website.

Forum Member

I have not heard yet on an interview date, but I did request a Skype interview so that may be the hold up. You can youtube the Poudre hiring seminar that explains the process pretty well and the steps to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDZxAcJR97s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trufirenick View Post
    I have not heard yet on an interview date, but I did request a Skype interview so that may be the hold up. You can youtube the Poudre hiring seminar that explains the process pretty well and the steps to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDZxAcJR97s
    Hopefully you hear something soon. Thanks for the link. I will watch it tonight. Good luck with the rest of the process.
    trufirenick likes this.

Forum Member

I got my Skype interview date. The email stated my test score allows me to proceed to the 20 minute panel interview. No oral presentation will be required. Is this normal?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trufirenick View Post
    I got my Skype interview date. The email stated my test score allows me to proceed to the 20 minute panel interview. No oral presentation will be required. Is this normal?
    Yes this is common from the limited understanding I have. After the panel interview there will be an oral resume interview if you are selected to move on.

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone moving forward. Interview march 11th.

Where is everyone coming from? I live in C Springs.

Really excited to have a shot at PFA. Great department, with a solid state-wide reputation.

Forum Member

I'm flying in from Portland, Oregon. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Arrived in FoCo a few hours ago. I interview tomorrow late afternoon. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

What a nice bunch of people. I think I may have said some things I shouldn't have but I took an honest approach to this interview. Hopefully having integrity doesn't F me in the A again. Good luck to all involved, this is a great opportunity! Should hear by Friday...maybe next Friday??? I forgot but it's soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by William Bourbonstreet View Post
    What a nice bunch of people. I think I may have said some things I shouldn't have but I took an honest approach to this interview. Hopefully having integrity doesn't F me in the A again. Good luck to all involved, this is a great opportunity! Should hear by Friday...maybe next Friday??? I forgot but it's soon.
    Did they ask pretty standard questions? Did they adhere to a tight time frame of exactly 20 minutes? Were you given a certain amount of time for each question. Any info you can provide would.be much appreciated. Also if you don't mind me asking how has being integral worked against you in the past?

Forum Member

WB- How do you think you did overall?? There were a couple questions I don't feel great about. Just weak answers. Nothing really caught me off guard, but I was just super nervous. I don't know man. I left feeling like I had so much more to say. Great group of people though as you said.

James, I'll just tell you what was told to my group in the waiting room. No trickery, just basic questions looking to get to know who you are. You'll be fine. I think the biggest thing I would do over again is just relax a bit more. Think things through, and take your time in your answers. And yes, it's a 20 minute timed oral as specified in the email. It's your time to manage how you wish.

The gentleman that checked us in, did say that there were several no shows between Monday and Tuesday. No exact numbers given... I'm sure maybe 4-5, but hey it helps!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trio03 View Post
    WB- How do you think you did overall?? There were a couple questions I don't feel great about. Just weak answers. Nothing really caught me off guard, but I was just super nervous. I don't know man. I left feeling like I had so much more to say. Great group of people though as you said.

James, I'll just tell you what was told to my group in the waiting room. No trickery, just basic questions looking to get to know who you are. You'll be fine. I think the biggest thing I would do over again is just relax a bit more. Think things through, and take your time in your answers. And yes, it's a 20 minute timed oral as specified in the email. It's your time to manage how you wish.

The gentleman that checked us in, did say that there were several no shows between Monday and Tuesday. No exact numbers given... I'm sure maybe 4-5, but hey it helps!
    Thanks for the reply. Hopefully my nerves won't get the best of me! I have mine tomorrow at 2:30 so time will tell. Good luck everybody!

Thread Information