Forum Member

Default Hello from Interior Alaska!

Hi there. I'm currently "working" for the Rural Deltana Volunteer Fire Department. I started in October 2013 and am still on the 6 Month Probation Status, but I've been showing up for training every Tuesday and calling ahead when I'll be out of town on a certain day and when I'll be back. I got a big text book at yesterday's meeting called the Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills Third Edition; it's been really informative.

I'm not brand new to firefighting however; I started working for the Department of Forestry in May 2013 and worked a hot season. I was on the Hanson Fire, the North Pole Fire, the Moon Lake/Tetlin Ridge Fire, the Rebecca Fire, and a couple small local jobs that only took a couple hours to mop up. My best experience was the crew job when we went to Moon Lake and then got called to another one near there and took the helicopter over to Tetlin Ridge.

I'm 19 years old and in addition to being a firefighter I'm also a member of the Real Life Superhero Project. We're do-gooders and activists; some of us wear costumes such as myself. I wear mine particularly when I'm going to be working with kids because I never get tired of seeing their eyes light up like Christmas at the sight of a real superhero. A lot of the other superheroes patrol for violent crime and conduct their own undercover ops and whatnot; Batman style. Me? I personally want to stay as far away from dangerous individuals as I can. I would feel foolish and irresponsible if I put myself in those situations; it's not really fixing anything and is pretty much glorified babysitting, not to mention I don't want to put my friends and family at risk. Not in the sense that "bad guys will come after me" I'm talking reality; they're at risk in the sense that if I get hurt or killed they're going to be the ones who have to deal with the consequences. For me being a rolemodel for a kid is the best way to fight crime; make sure the kids in your life don't grow up to be jerks and criminals. I leave criminals to the people whose job it is to go after; it's not my place. I work with kids, protect cities from the most destructive force of nature, and occasionally I fly around and fight mad scientists. Political work mostly; you have to attack their checkbooks in real life because they're insured. There is one supervillain I'm currently after known as the Director; she's the director of an underground prison/lab for kids called the School, or Provo Canyon School as it's real name is. She's working with my other target, an evil organization known as the Wasps, also known by their real name: the WWASPS (World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools). They are guilty of countless counts of criminal negligence and institutional corruption, and they have ruined the lives of countless innocent children around the world. Survivors testimonials have been similiar with reports of beatings, rapes, drugs, torture, and experimentation. I was one of these kids, seven years ago, and I swore I would bring the Director, and or entire operation to the ground and everyone like them; it's sort of my ongoing side mission. The side mission of that side mission is to find out what the Director was really trying to do back in Utah; what her plan was. Results from teh Doctor's experiments were said to be relayed to agencies such as the NSA and CIA. The program was overseen by a man named Kevin Raff who funded the experiments. Raff has a history working for the DOD and another superhero who has been working with me on this had the same question I had, why would an ex DOD dick who worked shortly with the MKULTRA program suddenly be so interested in helping at risk kids?

Aside from that, my superhero duties primarily consist of simpy doing my best for my circle of people, my family, my friends, my bosses, my coworkers, and the peaople I bump into now and then. A hero is one word, and the word is willing. It's not always glamorus; I'd rather not swing a pulaski sixteen hours a day for weeks on end in the middle of nowhere Alaska, but we live in a small town and are short staff a lot. I feel willing and obligated though, and it will open doors for me and put me in better positions to help those in need. A superhero I feel should work towards building their entire life around helping those in need and protecting the innocent in a healthy, safe, and balanced manner.

I'm here to learn more about firefighting and EMS work to help further my skills and my career.

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Man

Forum Member

There is medicine now for cabin fever

Forum Member

I don't have cabin fever, but thanks for the information; I'll look into it.

Thread Information