Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire Rescue 2014

Forum Member

you know there are no moutains in Texas, the coast is far away, and water is not like california, the desert is in New Mexico,!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is HOT!!!!!!

Forum Member

Thanks Fire49 I didn't know that.... Hence the sarcasm. I heard the thunderstorms are awesome the people are really nice and to be honest California is great but I want to experience something new and represent a respected department.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison_Bruce44 View Post
    Thanks Fire49 I didn't know that.... Hence the sarcasm. I heard the thunderstorms are awesome the people are really nice and to be honest California is great but I want to experience something new and represent a respected department.
    Oh and the people that cannot drive on ice and snow.

Dallas will sure be different

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    Oh and the people that cannot drive on ice and snow.

Dallas will sure be different
    For someone like me, that's the exact point! I'm over California. Sure, I'll miss the weather, the geography; but that's about all California has going for it, really. My aunt lives just outside Dallas (Wylie) and I've visited there a number of times; she'd never look back to CA.

Anyways, back to the interview panel (if you don't mind), as I'm still a little confused. When you say "non Dallas firefighters" will be on the panel, does this mean there will be firefighters from other agencies? Or simply privately hired individuals? I've interviewed with other departments where there were local agencies on the panel (who were firefighters). I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what that might mean. Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sight2seerea View Post
    For someone like me, that's the exact point! I'm over California. Sure, I'll miss the weather, the geography; but that's about all California has going for it, really. My aunt lives just outside Dallas (Wylie) and I've visited there a number of times; she'd never look back to CA.

Anyways, back to the interview panel (if you don't mind), as I'm still a little confused. When you say "non Dallas firefighters" will be on the panel, does this mean there will be firefighters from other agencies? Or simply privately hired individuals? I've interviewed with other departments where there were local agencies on the panel (who were firefighters). I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what that might mean. Thanks!

My guess civilians from dallas city, dallas politics are strange

Will see if co workers son knows anything

Forum Member

Sight... To my understanding it would be similar to a normal job interview with HR people. No fire questions just normal job interview questions whatever that means. Wish I knew more but I'm still a bit confused on the whole thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jamison and Fire- thanks so much for the clarification!

I'll let you guys know if I hear anything. I started the background process last week.

Forum Member

Interesting read, thanks to all that are keeping everyone posted.

I asked around and was led to believe that only about 215 polygraphs were scheduled. So we are down to about 50:50 assuming they are hiring 90 as previously indicated. So congrats to everyone so far!

I'm very skeptical about the HR taking over the interviews though. Really curious where this information was gathered. Ive been preparing for a fire interview for over a year now and this news is rather unsettling.

Thanks and best wishes

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by harlequin27 View Post

I asked around and was led to believe that only about 215 polygraphs were scheduled. So we are down to about 50:50 assuming they are hiring 90 as previously indicated. So congrats to everyone so far!

I'm very skeptical about the HR taking over the interviews though. Really curious where this information was gathered. Ive been preparing for a fire interview for over a year now and this news is rather unsettling.

Thanks and best wishes
    Harlequin-

I don't' think you have a reason to be too concerned. If you can master a fire interview, you can master any interview.

Forum Member

Sight... No problem and what background process are you talking about?? According to my friend who works for the department it will be a fire interview. No outside source. Good luck

Forum Member

Harlequin.. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a standard Fire interview. Sight.... When you said starting background what did you mean? I thought we were supposed to wait for our interrview date and that would be last part of the process. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harlequin27 View Post

Thanks and best wishes
    215 scheduled? So assuming people fail their polygraphs, things are looking pretty good. I do of course wish you all the absolute very best in the process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jamison- sorry for the late response. I was contacted by a fire employee (non-sworn) who was requesting fax numbers for my previous employers no my PHQ since they were starting my background. I also know that my current employer received mail with the same information which was faxed to them this week (the front desk girl told me, and I saw it was the same form my manager filled out). So, and this is just my speculation, once they can verify the information on your background (which seemed pretty lax, based on what I picked up from the woman I spoke with), they will move forward with the interviews. I hope this helps!

Forum Member

Thanks Sight.. I wasn't contacted for that information. All of that info.was on my application so I'm hoping and assuming they're using my application. When I called the recruiter they said they'd contact us if they needed anything so I'm assuming that's what they did for you. Thanks again bud

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison_Bruce44 View Post
    Thanks Sight.. I wasn't contacted for that information. All of that info.was on my application so I'm hoping and assuming they're using my application. When I called the recruiter they said they'd contact us if they needed anything so I'm assuming that's what they did for you. Thanks again bud
    Not a problem Jamison. As soon as I hear anything else, I'll update you guys here. Hope to see you all in the academy!

Forum Member

Anybody heard anything on when they will be done with all the polys? I tok mine last week and passed. Just wondering when they will start interviews.

Forum Member

My Poly is scheduled for the 25th. What was the Poly Like? do they go through the entire list of quistons we answered on paper or just pick a few randoms? Iv never taken one and dont have anything to hide but have read alot of horrror stories where guys say they told the truth and failed.

Forum Member

Didnt go through the entire list but yes they do ask questions from there... just tell the truth and you will be good to go.. they have you watch a video before hand that explains it all.. it wasnt as bad as you think. You will be fine.. good luck

Forum Member

New to this site. My name is Justin. I passed the poly last month on the 23rd. I was wondering if anyone knew when they schedule interviews? Or possibly an estimation of the date? Been waiting a nerve racking two weeks Ha. Thank you

Forum Member

Hey Justin, I'm pretty sure they're doing background checks on everyone that made it pass the lie detector test. The time table is up in the air. I passed my lie detector in late May and haven't been scheduled for an interview. I think we just have to play the waiting game.

Forum Member

They are in fact conducting background checks. I received some paperwork in the mail that I had to sign in order for them to initiate mine. So I'm assuming it will be a while longer before interviews are scheduled.

Forum Member

I searched through this thread and found out about The Reserve at White Rock apartments which are near the academy. Is anyone else looking for a roommate? I know it's a bit early to sign a lease and all but I'm wanting to look now for a roommate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmmanuel View Post
    I searched through this thread and found out about The Reserve at White Rock apartments which are near the academy. Is anyone else looking for a roommate? I know it's a bit early to sign a lease and all but I'm wanting to look now for a roommate.

You might check through the thread and send private message to some that over there o see if they have a room open

Forum Member

Hey guys also new to the forum, I completed my poly back in June. Anyone else from out of states get any forms to sign to start a background check? I have not yet.

Forum Member

Hey Chris. I'm from out of state as well and didn't receive any forms.

Thread Information