Forum Member

Default The final stretch..now the Psych/medical evals.

Appointments for the medical and psych evals are in 2 weeks. I feel as though I will be ok, but man I still feel anxious about it. I am 29 years old so I am not too concerned about the medical exams, but of course like many threads on here, the psych can be an interesting experience. So now I have 2 weeks until I go and then I wait some more to get that final offer of employment. There are many others on here who have gone through these steps. Feel free to share some experiences. I am thinking about getting CaptBob's psych book. Sounds like a good deal. I have read many of the threads. but I figured I would throw an updated one on here. Take care all.

Forum Member

Also have a question about the pre employment medical questionnaire. I honestly answered all of them no except for 2. One was do I have and hearing difficulty or hearing loss? Yes/no. I answered yes and explained that I don't have any difficulty and that when I was discharged from Navy, they said I had minimal loss, but nothing out of the normal. And the other question was do I have any discomfort when sitting for a long period of time? I answered yes.. When I sit and drive for a long time I have discomfort, like probably most people. I never have any other issues with my back. I hope I'm not over concerning myself with these questions, etc. I have done the military medical screenings and never have issues.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsw84 View Post
    Also have a question about the pre employment medical questionnaire. I honestly answered all of them no except for 2. One was do I have and hearing difficulty or hearing loss? Yes/no. I answered yes and explained that I don't have any difficulty and that when I was discharged from Navy, they said I had minimal loss, but nothing out of the normal. And the other question was do I have any discomfort when sitting for a long period of time? I answered yes.. When I sit and drive for a long time I have discomfort, like probably most people. I never have any other issues with my back. I hope I'm not over concerning myself with these questions, etc. I have done the military medical screenings and never have issues.
    Did you explain the setting one??

Have you had your hearing checked recently to see where you are at

Forum Member

I think some questions are strange and some do not have parameters

Also some applicants over analyze them and are afraid , I took one Tylenol with whatever fifty years ago, that had no scrip for I need to declare it

Forum Member

I explained all of them. I was at Navy drill this past weekend and did an audiogram and was well within the requirements. Not worried about that anymore. The sitting part I explained I have no issues once I stand up and stretch. I have never had any issues with rigorous working out in any fashion invoking my back or anything. I agree with the over analyzing. You work so hard to get this far and they make the medical and psych exam sound like it's gonna fail you or something.

Forum Member

I'd admit nothing and let them prove otherwise. Unless of course you have an obvious paper trail or surgery scars.

Forum Member

Is this for CSFD? I agree with the above answers. Don't over analyze. Bourbonstreet said it best, unless there is a paper trail in place it didn't happen. It's okay to be honest and forthcoming, but within reason.

Forum Member

Minneapolis. Yeah I am totally psyching myself out haha. I think it's just another hoop to jump through. No paper trail at all. I have never been seen for anything to be honest.

Forum Member

Just finished my medical/psych evals. The medical was very straight forward. I got in and out rather quickly for that. Not concerned. The psych was itneresting. I took 3 different MMPI style tests, all with the same questions over and over. I tried to answer as honestly as possible. Yes, I really do like mechanics magazines and I am a social person. I took 3 different timed tests. They were numerical reasoning, etc. A ways into the MMPI the interviewer interupted and took me in for the first interview. Asked basic life history questions. No big deal. Went rather quick. So then I proceeded to continue the journey of the next 400 or so test. Same questions. Tried to be honest and consistent. Then, she interupted again (after seeing the results of the mmpi) and said she actually does not have any follow up questions from that test to clarify....? Interesting. I wonder what that could mean. Then it was like a lighting round of questions. Do you own guns? Do you drink? a few a week. Anymore than that? No. Even when in the Navy? Yes. I answered mostly yes or no. Because it was the truth.

So, now I get to suffer through waiting just like so many have done before me. haha.

Forum Member

*I meant NO when even in the Navy at the end.

Thread Information