Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: FDNY EMT Exam 4004

Forum Member

Default 300's

Quote Originally Posted by NYNJ View Post
    I'm in the first half of the 300s. Anybody else in that range? I'm hoping I could make the 2nd class, maybe third, depending on how many list numbers they burn through to make the first class. Think the June Totten class will be the first one for list 4004? I've heard of guys in the low 100s already getting their physical letter.
    300's could be February. It all depends how many people they are pushing through each class. Remember in each class they can usually push through 150 for am class and 150 for pm class simultaneously. We can just sit back and wait I guess. I'm in the 400's and probably I'll be called around the same time as you. Just because they're not done with a previous exam doesn't mean you won't be called.

Forum Member

I'm in the first half of the 300s. Anybody else in that range? I'm hoping I could make the 2nd class, maybe third, depending on how many list numbers they burn through to make the first class. Think the June Trotten class will be the first one for list 4004? I've heard of guys in the low 100s already getting their physical letter.
    I'm in the mid 100's and havent gotten a agility letter yet. just got my list number on the 28th, hoping the agility letter comes soon, would really like to start the process asap

Forum Member

Mid 4 xx here. I heard from someone in the department they will be moving quickly with this list so hopefully we all hear something much sooner than later.

Forum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they start moving quickly. Got a friend in the bronx who says his station is hurting for people. He's excited for new hires so he can stop getting mandated all the time

Forum Member

that would be great, the faster the better. Cant wait to get into the academy and get to work. What are you guys doing to get ready for the agility?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireemt371 View Post
    score of 85 list number 1xx
    Are you high, mid, or low 100's? I got an 85 also, #1XX. Just trying to meet as many future classmates as i Vann. Always good knowing people when you show up lol.

Forum Member

any guesses when the 800's might be called to start the process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    any guesses when the 800's might be called to start the process?
    prolly between a year to a year and a half. i know someone in the 900's from 3024, just went for his medical thursday of last week... 3024 was in 2012...
    J0hnnyb0y likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch276 View Post
    Are you high, mid, or low 100's? I got an 85 also, #1XX. Just trying to meet as many future classmates as i Vann. Always good knowing people when you show up lol.
    Upper 100's. That is with working as a firefighter already having 4 years outside the city as an emt, my hazmat and evoc.

Forum Member

Upper 100's. That is with working as a firefighter already having 4 years outside the city as an emt, my hazmat and evoc.
    I got the same. Mid 100`s with 5+ yrs ems, 8yrs ff, hazmat awareness, 10 fema certifications, and vet credits. When you think agility letters will be going out?

Forum Member

Not sure. I am in no rush haha. Took the test to keep my options open. Hard to leave a job where I don't have to transport and make more

Forum Member

Not sure. I am in no rush haha. Took the test to keep my options open. Hard to leave a job where I don't have to transport and make more
    Id find that pretty hard too lol.

Forum Member

There's a TOP class in right now, right? Did training yesterday at the rock and it looked like they had a bunch of brand new EMTs taking part and observing.

Forum Member

Manhattan Medic, could you give me any info about the MUPS classes? I'll be going in as BLS but I'm currently in a private medic program (REMAC) and would like to move to the ALS side as soon as I can. How often do they have MUPS classes? How do you apply to be in one? Will they let you move over to ALS even if you just went through Totten as BLS?

Forum Member

Manhattan Medic, could you give me any info about the MUPS classes? I'll be going in as BLS but I'm currently in a private medic program (REMAC) and would like to move to the ALS side as soon as I can. How often do they have MUPS classes? How do you apply to be in one? Will they let you move over to ALS even if you just went through Totten as BLS?
    If you have no experience in the NYC 911 system I think BLS -> MUP is the best way to get on as a paramedic (or soon to be paramedic). There are a lot of operational quirks unique to how FDNY EMS runs things. They're not hard to pick up, but it's going to be much easier to learn those things as an EMT, get a hang of it, and then go through the MUP class and focus on being a new medic.

Once you're through the TOP class and done with your medic program you do some sort of paperwork to tell the department that you're a medic and want to upgrade. When it's convenient for them they will put in a MUP class. From what I remember sometimes they'd run MUP classes with 6-8 people, other times they'd just put MUP students in with a PTOP, since it's the same stuff. The only difference between a MUP class and PTOP is that since you've already been taught operational stuff and how to drive you don't do that again.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info!

Forum Member

Got the letter for my agility today. March 29th @ 8a, anybody else get theirs yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch276 View Post
    Got the letter for my agility today. March 29th @ 8a, anybody else get theirs yet?
    Got my letter yesterday (3/17) for the agility test on the 29th @8am! What place on the list were you? I'm 17x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFD338 View Post
    Got my letter yesterday (3/17) for the agility test on the 29th @8am! What place on the list were you? I'm 17x
    Wow letters are going out already?? That's awesome
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFD338 View Post
    I'm 16X, feel free to PM me in you want. Always good to know people when you go down lol

Thread Information