Like Tree4Likes

Thread: FDNY EMT Exam 4004

Forum Member

Id say next month possibly. I know they went up to around 300 in March, idk about April but outs say mid may possibly. That's my best guess. I just did intake on Wed. Be prepared they are moving quick.
    davi_seda likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks a lot for the info @stitch276 just got the letter today for the physical exam May 10th. Does anyone reading this thread know how long after the physical comes the psychological test?

Forum Member

Had my agility in Feb, still haven't had psych

Forum Member

Got my lettes for my Psych & Medical on Saturday. Med is 5/15 @6:45a and Psych is 5/17 @8:15a. Anyone else get letters?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch276 View Post
    Got my lettes for my Psych & Medical on Saturday. Med is 5/15 @6:45a and Psych is 5/17 @8:15a. Anyone else get letters?
    Nice. Good to see that this list moving. How did you end up doing on the psych? Can you give any insight? Like I said earlier in this thread, I'm high 900's so I'm not expecting my agility letter for a little bit but it would still be helpful to hear about the phsych exam for future reference.

Forum Member

Default I did my physical may 10th

How soon after the physical do I meet my investigator?

Forum Member

Anyone know when the next civil service exam will be given? is it possible they would push it up to maybe next month?

Forum Member

Wow list 5xx some even lower...
    Can you guys tell me what score did u have? Education backround?
    My friend applyed and he said he has masters degree, and got score
    Of 97 list number 14.076 -.-

Forum Member

can anyone tell me how soon after the physical you meet your investigator. i finished my employment package

Forum Member

How do you find out if you passed the physical?

Forum Member

@EMTtrainee call 212 999-FDNY(3369) and ask them to transfer you to candidate investigations unit. after they transfer you, you will be asked your SSN and then they will tell you if you passed or failed.
    Last edited by davi_seda; 06-21-2014 at 10:26 PM.

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone from list 4004 been scheduled for a medical in July? Also, anyone heard any rumors as to when the next promotional to fire will be offered?

Forum Member

Does anyone know where the list number is?
    Last edited by nyy615; 07-01-2014 at 03:41 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFR View Post
    Has anyone from list 4004 been scheduled for a medical in July? Also, anyone heard any rumors as to when the next promotional to fire will be offered?
    IFR, have you been scheduled for a medical in July? What's your list number approximately?

Forum Member

Has anyone gotten a call about being in the July academy, I know they had been saying something about getting the first round of people going in a late July academy?

Forum Member

does anyone know when the following ems classes are scheduled for? October then January?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFR View Post
    This guy I talked to said it is out now-- but im almost positive it is not out now. Maybe in 2 years it will come

Forum Member

Just hoping for some clarity. I was curious roughly what list number range i will wind up with with a score of 75 and how long roughly will it take to get into the academy? I know that it is all estimations just looking for a rough estimate hopefully someone can clarify thanks.

Forum Member

Any status updates on this list? What number are they up to?

Forum Member

Does FDNY require EMT candidates to have a minimum of 12 months' experience working as an EMT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by topched79 View Post
    Does FDNY require EMT candidates to have a minimum of 12 months' experience working as an EMT?
    No, from what I have heard there isn't any experience required. I had a friend that got on a couple of years ago without any experience, and I don't think anything has changed since.

Forum Member

Angry 4004

Apparently this list was "thrown out" and we all have to reapply who didnt get called on the new list. Here is the new list closing 9/23/2014.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...1505003000.pdf

I called metrotech myself to see what is the deal with this new list and they really cant say much about the last list. So normally when they come out with a new list the other one is thrown out. I was told they were taking everyone from list 4004 because they needed everyone, I guess that isn't the case. I applied exactly a year ago when 4004 came out and up in the upper 1100 on the list and still have not even been called the agility test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyemt718 View Post
    Apparently this list was "thrown out" and we all have to reapply who didnt get called on the new list. Here is the new list closing 9/23/2014.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...1505003000.pdf

I called metrotech myself to see what is the deal with this new list and they really cant say much about the last list. So normally when they come out with a new list the other one is thrown out. I was told they were taking everyone from list 4004 because they needed everyone, I guess that isn't the case. I applied exactly a year ago when 4004 came out and up in the upper 1100 on the list and still have not even been called the agility test.
    Where did you hear it was thrown out? My buddy is in the lower 1100's and got his physical notice on Monday
    nyemt718 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Where did you hear it was thrown out? My buddy is in the lower 1100's and got his physical notice on Monday
    I was told by a current EMT when they come out with a new list the other list is defective, but I hope not! If what you are saying is true I should be getting mine this week as well because I am also the lower 11s.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyemt718 View Post
    I was told by a current EMT when they come out with a new list the other list is defective, but I hope not! If what you are saying is true I should be getting mine this week as well because I am also the lower 11s.
    I'm with ya on that. I'm only 20 numbers away from my buddy and I haven't received anything yet either

Thread Information