+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: FDNY EMT Exam 4004

Forum Member

Default FDNY EMT Exam 4004

Figured I would start a thread for this exam, anyone else get their list number today?
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

was this from the application last september? i am heading home right now if it is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    was this from the application last september? i am heading home right now if it is.
    Yeah it is man
    Test 2000

Forum Member

Got if...first half of 800's. Don't know if that is good or bad but I'm used to waiting at this point anyway.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    Got if...first half of 800's. Don't know if that is good or bad but I'm used to waiting at this point anyway.
    I'm pretty sure it's around a year wait to start of the academy with that list #, based on the exam before ours
    Test 2000

Forum Member

A year i can dig it. How did you do?

Forum Member

Default Not sure where my close to 1000 list number stands.

Got my list number as well, but not really sure where I stand.

I'm in the second half of the 900's. I'm in the same boat, not really sure if it's a good or a bad thing. Although, I do have to say it does much better than my 14,XXX list number for the fire department.

Anyone know how fast they go through this list? What is the turnover for the EMTs? Are they doing the same as the FD, two acadamies per year? And how many EMT's in an acadamy?

Forum Member

score of 85 list number 1xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyy615 View Post

I'm in the second half of the 900's. I'm in the same boat, not really sure if it's a good or a bad thing. Although, I do have to say it does much better than my 14,XXX list number for the fire department.

Anyone know how fast they go through this list? What is the turnover for the EMTs? Are they doing the same as the FD, two acadamies per year? And how many EMT's in an acadamy?
    I'm right around your list number, and I'm 5XXX for FD so I'm used to the waiting game already too. My buddy who's in the ems academy now said they usually do 4 or 5 classes a year, with around 100 in each class

Forum Member

Does the list expire? Or do they go through the whole list? I'm hoping it doesn't expire before my number is called.

Forum Member

Does the list expire? Or do they go through the whole list? I'm hoping it doesn't expire before my number is called.
    I'm pretty sure it has a 4 year life, and they usually do go through the whole list. I read on the chief there are only around 1,400 people who took this exam
    Test 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has a 4 year life, and they usually do go through the whole list. I read on the chief there are only around 1,400 people who took this exam
    Wow. That's not a whole lot at all.

I'm really surprised more people haven't taken it. The reason why the job is so attractive to me is that type of experience is unmatched and can propel my career into the FD. I'd prefer FDNY, but I'm 25 now, 26 in June, and I know theres a cut off for firefighters at age 29. Either way, experience as an FDNY EMT would look good to FD's around my area too (lower Westchester).
    ann_nicole likes this.

Forum Member

Got My list number 2XX... im starting to prepare for the physical.

Forum Member

Wow. That's not a whole lot at all.

I'm really surprised more people haven't taken it. The reason why the job is so attractive to me is that type of experience is unmatched and can propel my career into the FD. I'd prefer FDNY, but I'm 25 now, 26 in June, and I know theres a cut off for firefighters at age 29. Either way, experience as an FDNY EMT would look good to FD's around my area too (lower Westchester).
    Same here man, I have a decent list number for FD, but I'm not taking any chances

Forum Member

I took exam 3024 in September 2012 my list number was in the high 900s, I just took my medical on Thursday and they said i would probably be in the April or June class if that helps at all

Forum Member

I got my letter Friday. Numbers 1XX.... can't wait to get my agility letter. Anyone else that low?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch276 View Post
    I got my letter Friday. Numbers 1XX.... can't wait to get my agility letter. Anyone else that low?
    I would expect the physical letter around May or june

Forum Member

I'm in the first half of the 300s. Anybody else in that range? I'm hoping I could make the 2nd class, maybe third, depending on how many list numbers they burn through to make the first class. Think the June Totten class will be the first one for list 4004? I've heard of guys in the low 100s already getting their physical letter.

Forum Member

List number 4**

Forum Member

Default 300's

300's could be February. It all depends how many people they are pushing through each class. Remember in each class they can usually push through 150 for am class and 150 for pm class simultaneously. We can just sit back and wait I guess.

Forum Member

Default 300's

Quote Originally Posted by NYNJ View Post
    I'm in the first half of the 300s. Anybody else in that range? I'm hoping I could make the 2nd class, maybe third, depending on how many list numbers they burn through to make the first class. Think the June Totten class will be the first one for list 4004? I've heard of guys in the low 100s already getting their physical letter.
    300's could be February. It all depends how many people they are pushing through each class. Remember in each class they can usually push through 150 for am class and 150 for pm class simultaneously. We can just sit back and wait I guess. I'm in the 400's and probably I'll be called around the same time as you. Just because they're not done with a previous exam doesn't mean you won't be called.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYNJ View Post
    I'm in the first half of the 300s. Anybody else in that range? I'm hoping I could make the 2nd class, maybe third, depending on how many list numbers they burn through to make the first class. Think the June Trotten class will be the first one for list 4004? I've heard of guys in the low 100s already getting their physical letter.
    I'm in the mid 100's and havent gotten a agility letter yet. just got my list number on the 28th, hoping the agility letter comes soon, would really like to start the process asap

Forum Member

Mid 4 xx here. I heard from someone in the department they will be moving quickly with this list so hopefully we all hear something much sooner than later.

Forum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they start moving quickly. Got a friend in the bronx who says his station is hurting for people. He's excited for new hires so he can stop getting mandated all the time

Forum Member

that would be great, the faster the better. Cant wait to get into the academy and get to work. What are you guys doing to get ready for the agility?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

Thread Information