Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2014 Grant Writing Training

Forum Member

I sure would like to get back in the swing of things Kurt and thought I would go to your Lynchburg class. Well guess that won't happen.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver6102 View Post
    I sure would like to get back in the swing of things Kurt and thought I would go to your Lynchburg class. Well guess that won't happen.
    Well apparently not enough sign-ups in TN for Margaret to go do that class. She moved it out till Aug 20-21 to allow the agency to try and recruit more people. Sorry. I am in a lot of other places though, Little Rock AR is looking good in mid May.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Big Announcement folks. After years of being asked to do so, we will have an online, self-paced, training course ready to roll out by end of May.
    WVFD705 likes this.
    Kurt Bradley

choffd

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Big Announcement folks. After years of being asked to do so, we will have an online, self-paced, training course ready to roll out by end of May.
    Kurt - Do you have anything coming up in the Ohio area in the coming months? Would also be interested in sponsoring a class in the region if you can send me some information. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ltoffd View Post
    Kurt - Do you have anything coming up in the Ohio area in the coming months? Would also be interested in sponsoring a class in the region if you can send me some information. Thanks
    I do have a class scheduled in Walbridge, OH outside Toledo about 90 miles from you on June 28-29. Information on that class here:http://firstrespondergrants.com/frg_..._view/class/96

Hosting a class information is here: http://firstrespondergrants.com/pages/hosting_a_class
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Well lived up to my name in Montana and brought a snow storm up there with me. Not much of one but, a snow storm all the same.Beautiful area there.

Next up its off to Hillary and Bill land in Little Rock, AR. Be at North Little Rock FD on May 23-24. This is about 20 miles South of the tornado strike in Vilonia so good time to get up there and let them find out about all their Stafford Act grants and recovery grants. Still seats available here if anyone is interested Class Info here: http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/..._view/class/93
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

How about it North Little Rock are you ready for an ice or snow storm? LOL Headed your direction come Thursday for the class on 23 -24th. Still some seat available if you sign up before Wednesday evening.

http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/..._view/class/93
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Well folks, AFG program officials have officially stated that the tentative opening date for 2014 AFG is Nov 3 and that SAFER and FP&S will not open till early 2015.

Many of you already have the "Dear John" rejection notices and those of you who are still waiting and without an 1199a update at this point, need to face the bitter truth; that a rejection notice is more than likely addressed to you and will be forthcoming. You made it past the computer but your narrative statements fell short of doing the job of convincing the reviewers to score you high enough to be in the money rounds.

Which means, once again for many of you; that the money train has left you standing on the platform once again and has moved on down the line. There were changes last year and there are changes this year that you need to be compensating for in your applications.

I still have plenty of classes across the US scheduled between now and end of November that can assist you in learning this process better and being more successful with your applications. I have 6 classes on the books now in:

Candia, NH
    Sacramento, CA
    Urbana, IL
    Hailfax, NC
    Amboy, IL
    Upland, CA

For more information: http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/...s_list#schedul
    islandfire03 likes this.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Getting ready for the West Coast journey next week. Heading out next Monday to W Sacramento FD for a class there on Tuesday and Wednesday the 9th-10th of September. Still seats available if interested. more detail at: http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/..._view/class/95

Also just added a class for January 24th- 25th in Hiawatha, Kansas for those of you who occupy the breadbasket states.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Getting ready for the West Coast journey next week. Heading out next Monday to W Sacramento FD for a class there on Tuesday and Wednesday the 9th-10th of September. Still seats available if interested. more detail at: http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/..._view/class/95

Also just added a class for January 24th- 25th in Hiawatha, Kansas for those of you who occupy the breadbasket states.
    This is the best news I have heard in a long time!! 10 miles from my front door, now all I have to do is start saving my pennies!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWFD122 View Post
    This is the best news I have heard in a long time!! 10 miles from my front door, now all I have to do is start saving my pennies!!
    Glad to hear I am close to you. Check your PM I sent you some information.

MembersZone Subscriber

Next up is Candia FD in Candia New Hampshire on Oct 25th -26th. This is a weekend class so bring the wife or significant other and enjoy the fall foliage folks and bone up on the 2014 AFG which opens the following week. This will be my last class prior to 2014 AFG opening up on Nov. 4th. Still seats available for information and registration go here: http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/...view/class/103 or call me at 863-551-9598

Class also going at Upland FD in California on Nov 3rd - 4th with seats still available too.

Forum Member

I'm guessing Kurt err the iceman must be near Buffalo NY today. :-}

up to 5 feet of snow in past 24 hrs.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    I'm guessing Kurt err the iceman must be near Buffalo NY today. :-}

up to 5 feet of snow in past 24 hrs.
    Uhm no chance. Although it is headed tho ,37 here tonight.

Thread Information