Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

johnsb,
    Our Sutphen rep pushed sent us the drawing for E32, which I believe is almost the same. There is a lot we liked about that rig.

We chose the larger cab because it keeps the ALS equipment in the same climate controlled area as the personnel. Based on our dept's experience, we felt that putting a heater and A/C in a compartment would be doomed to failure. That is more of an issue with us than the rig itself, but an accurate reflection of the way things are maintained here.

How do your Sutphens ride? Ours are terrible, and we've been trying to get something done about it without success.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyv View Post
    johnsb,
    Our Sutphen rep pushed sent us the drawing for E32, which I believe is almost the same. There is a lot we liked about that rig.

We chose the larger cab because it keeps the ALS equipment in the same climate controlled area as the personnel. Based on our dept's experience, we felt that putting a heater and A/C in a compartment would be doomed to failure. That is more of an issue with us than the rig itself, but an accurate reflection of the way things are maintained here.

How do your Sutphens ride? Ours are terrible, and we've been trying to get something done about it without success.
    I've NEVER heard of any problems with the heater in the compartment, (not that it's never happened, just haven't heard anyone saying any of the heaters have failed.) and we don't have AC in the compartment, that's not been a problem either.
    As for the way our trucks ride, I don't have a real problem with the ride. My problem with Sutphen is the fit and finish. The door latch mechanisms are built TOO light, they need to be heavier. And there have been a lot of little nickel and dime problems that have finally been fixed after about a year and a half. I've always liked the looks, it's just their attention to detail most times. Another point I'll make is that the hose bed's for our 1 3/4" lines need to have hose trays, they're just too deep to load without being a major PITA. But that's our spec's, not Sutphen.

Thread Information