Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on this forum. I'm on my department's newly formed Workout Wear Committee (WWC). This team will be researching the next generation of our workout wear for our fire department. Our current workout gear is very outdated, think 80's shorts! LOL Our current workout gear is pretty restrictive and uncomfortable to workout in. I'm beginning to research Nike's workout gear that's made of their Dri-Fit material to see if is compliant with the NFPA 1971 & 1975 Standards.

The safety of our firefighter is always a priority, minimizing the injuries of fire burns is a liability of each department as the NFPA 1971 provide Station Wear Standards for the fire department to meet.

The following information represents the objective that will be met by this committee.

Mission and Objectives:
1. Organize a team
2. Set a deadline on research gathered
3. All decisions are based on SOPs and NFPA standards
• Survey might be required to meet #3 –call other departments, manufacturers. (Color schemes complimentary to our existing uniform colors and logo)..
4. Cost analysis required (Meets DFW Airport Strategic Plan-Cost competitive )
5. Budget recommendation- Example: Cost vs. Wear (Would it be wise to pay more, if the material wears and last longer)
6. Provide a written recommendation and justification for all workout wear (T-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, sweatpants) through a department consensus

Have any of you guys and gals been a part of similar committees/groups with your own department? Any advice y'all could give me would greatly be appreciated!