Thread: Cruise Lines

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cruise Lines

Has anyone had any luck in getting donations of a cruise from any of the cruise lines? We are considering a cruise raffle - and the cruise lines all seem to have some sort of donation program.

Many state very clearly that they donate to the cities they serve, I was wondering if they had leeway on that?

Forum Member

The Mrs. has done a lot of charity fundraisers recently and picked up a lot of hotel stays. I don't know if she or anyone on the various committees approached any of the cruise lines, but I'm sure there's leeway in that. After all you're not looking for a direct donation of funds, and whoever wins will go on the cruise and spend money so it's not like they aren't getting anything back.

One other thing you can try since we always get hit up with timeshare presentation invites, is that if you go to those you get free trips. Last one we went on it was 5 nights in Hawaii or a 5-7 day cruise depending on port/destination. These companies buy those certificates in bulk, and whoever uses them is responsible for the taxes since those can't be included on cruises for some reason. You could handle them for the raffle winner to make it truly free, nothing against that happening but it's the companies that can't cover them.

Knowing there's a bunch of those resort/timeshare properties in Branson give them a shout and see if they'd be willing to donate one of those certificates or something along those lines.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have done the Branson thing - and there is a lot they will do for us. Just looking for a gee whiz raffle prize. We are submitting for a couple of cruises. Thanks

Forum Member

You might contact american airline, I see the on a charity bid site I use

https://www.biddingforgood.com/aucti...ForGood.action

also, check some of the auctions for repeat givers.

Forum Member

Silverleaf is partnered with Bass Pro to get people out to the resorts for the timeshare presentations, they're the ones with the certificates. I'm sure others have the same deals, so hit them up for one of those instead of a stay at the resorts.

Also check into Disney, they gave our daughter's elementary school park passes for the fundraiser. Prices just went up at Mickey's Gate too, was worth a few hundred.

Thread Information