Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Juniors using 4 way falshers in PA

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by Pennfirefighter View Post
    I'm still here, and this has nothing to do with me. I will admit that I went drect to a working fire the other day. I was following all the rules on my way to the call, but then this junior from another company that was on the call passed me at a high rate of speed. He was driving very recklessly. I was wondering if it is legal, because I feel that junior needs to be reported to his chief if he is driving recklessly. I also feel that if there is a law about using flashers, I should defiantly report him to his chief for breaking traffic laws en route to a call. I don't care about the junior and hate his guts anyway, so reporting him would bring me great pleasure and I would especially love if I could get him in trouble with the law. He is only a junior like me, so he should start acting like one.
    This posting speaks volumes about your character. None of it good.
    Luther724 likes this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Quote Originally Posted by Pennfirefighter View Post
    I'm still here, and this has nothing to do with me. I will admit that I went drect to a working fire the other day. I was following all the rules on my way to the call, but then this junior from another company that was on the call passed me at a high rate of speed. He was driving very recklessly. I was wondering if it is legal, because I feel that junior needs to be reported to his chief if he is driving recklessly. I also feel that if there is a law about using flashers, I should defiantly report him to his chief for breaking traffic laws en route to a call. I don't care about the junior and hate his guts anyway, so reporting him would bring me great pleasure and I would especially love if I could get him in trouble with the law. He is only a junior like me, so he should start acting like one.
    I just re-read this and couldn't stop laughing. I would have so much fun with you in my station. Put aside the fact that Juniors should be seen and not heard, let me give you four words of advice that will assist you GREATLY in your fire service career...learn them now, learn them well...."Unified Chain of Command."

That is all.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

It would appear we have now seen this thread morph into a Phantom Righteousness Thread.

1. Junior does something stupid or illegal.
    2. Junior gets busted by someone, but not the chief.
    3. As part of assembling his defense/excuse, he comes to the forums.
    4. He pretends it's somebody else that screwed up, thinking we'll be less likely to bust somebody else's chops than his.
    5. Uh, we eat him up.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.Ē
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    It would appear we have now seen this thread morph into a Phantom Righteousness Thread.

4. He pretends it's somebody else that screwed up, thinking we'll be less likely to bust somebody else's chops than his.
    5. Uh, we eat him up.
    Your late K-fried I already got him on page one. If he can grow up he might make it though.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post

5. Uh, we eat him up.
    My comment to him had everything to do with this part of his post...

I don't care about the junior and hate his guts anyway, so reporting him would bring me great pleasure and I would especially love if I could get him in trouble with the law.
    If he sincerely gave a flying chit about the rules violation, safety, the reputation of the fire department, or even about correcting the improper behavior, I could respect that. But saying you hate the other guys guts, that getting him in trouble would bring you pleasure, and that you love the idea of getting him in trouble with the law all spells dou che bag to me.
    Maybe it's not too late

I have said it before and I will repeat it here. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a junior to be responding hot to anything. To me getting caught running redlights, a siren, using your flashers, or any nonsense while responding would be cause for immdiate suspension from the junior program. Preventing kids from getting killed or injured should be the number 1 priority of any junior program and idiotic driving should be punished swiftly and harshly.

And before some junior jumps my a z z over my opinion I believe that improper driving for adult volunteers should be punished equally as swiftly and harshly. I personally intensely dislike redlights and sirens on POVs and believe for many all they are is an idiot switch. Turn on the lights and siren and the brain falls completely out of their head. Without strict rules for use, and immediate harsh penalties for failure to follow them, all you have is a recipe for disaster.
    EastKyFF and FWDbuff like this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

"Idiot switch" -- I like that -- gonna have to "borrow" that term.
    ?

Thread Information