+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: City of Aurora, CO 2014 (Entry / Lateral)

Forum Member

Unknown on A, but I dug up an old email. I C banded last process, which they said was between 82.538 and 85.194. They didn't give me my exact score. Vet points and language points are also considered in your band score. Pretty safe to say that guys could be pretty close to 100 with extra points. Thus raising the bar (average) of A band.

As it was previously mentioned, A-B band is where you want to be.

Forum Member

Thank you. I took the FireTeam a few months back. I'm assuming this would be a whole separate entity and retesting is no big deal because it is not through NTN? Anyone that took CO Springs going to take this one?

MembersZone Subscriber

Link to the flow chart that FireMedic was referencing https://www.auroragov.org/cs/groups/...ent/004276.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irons17 View Post
    Thank you. I took the FireTeam a few months back. I'm assuming this would be a whole separate entity and retesting is no big deal because it is not through NTN? Anyone that took CO Springs going to take this one?
    It's too bad they don't just take the scores from a current FireTeam, since it's the same test.

Also, what does this mean: "randomly drawn priority numbers
    are assigned to progress the candidates through the
    remainder of the process."
    Last edited by William Bourbonstreet; 04-10-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by William Bourbonstreet View Post
    It's too bad they don't just take the scores from a current FireTeam, since it's the same test.

Also, what does this mean: "randomly drawn priority numbers
    are assigned to progress the candidates through the
    remainder of the process."
    It's not the same test, even though it's the same test. Departments can customize their "preferred answer" for each question based upon what type of firefighter fits them best. Once you are banded, they take those applicants in the band and randomly assign you a number. That becomes your ranking in the band. So it's possible to score at the bottom of the band with your test score, but be assigned a high priority number (so you will get first shot at an academy). This obviously goes the opposite way (you can score the best score but be placed at the bottom of A band after the random draw).

Forum Member

I apologize if this has already been addressed but I haven't been able to get a clear number on how many they are hiring. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyle-eads View Post
    I apologize if this has already been addressed but I haven't been able to get a clear number on how many they are hiring. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thanks
    The administrator at the exam today said between 5-10 for a tentatively scheduled September academy, with another, more populated academy to commence in Jan 2015. At least two classes will be established from this current process. He added that arpox. 2000 are expected to apply with 1000 expected to actually show up for the exam.

Forum Member

About how long is the exam?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stve816 View Post
    About how long is the exam?
    Standard FireTEAM test length, about 2.5 hrs of total gayness.

Forum Member

Anyone go to the seminar on the Fireteam test?

MembersZone Subscriber

In case anyone else was wondering, Aurora does accept outside state CPAT cards

MembersZone Subscriber

Results from FireTeam test were sent out. How'd everyone do?

Forum Member

B Band. I know I was prolly close to A, but hard to compete with the pref points.

Anyone know if they dipped into B last process? When do they randomize the rankings within the band??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jkester View Post
    Results from FireTeam test were sent out. How'd everyone do?
    D band, I'm fkedddd, wish I had some of those preference points

Forum Member

Made band A this time. I didn't think I had a shot considering I was in band D last round.

@ Trio03. My understanding is once you are assigned a band, the whole band is equal. Then they randomly draw a priority number and it gets assigned to a person. For example there are 99 people in band A and they considered us all equal. They then took each name and randomly drew a priority number that is assigned to that person. That priority number is then used to prioritize the order in which the candidates go through the background process. Hope that helps.

Also as a side note never get down on your self for not having preference points. I don't have any either. It has taken me a while but I am scoring where I need to now without them. The key is persistence. Good luck and congrats everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trio03 View Post
    B Band. I know I was prolly close to A, but hard to compete with the pref points.

Anyone know if they dipped into B last process? When do they randomize the rankings within the band??
    Yes they got into Band B last process. I was number 10 in band B and was disqualified during backgrounds. Be sure to fill out the background completely, do not use N/A for any blank. If you make it to the background/polygraph/psych they will come to your house and interview you in person, just a heads up.

Forum Member

What were the point ranges for A,B,C bands? If anyone knows

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMuscleMan21 View Post
    What were the point ranges for A,B,C bands? If anyone knows
    The cut off for Band A was 87.626%. I am not sure about the other bands.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic0227 View Post
    Yes they got into Band B last process. I was number 10 in band B and was disqualified during backgrounds. Be sure to fill out the background completely, do not use N/A for any blank. If you make it to the background/polygraph/psych they will come to your house and interview you in person, just a heads up.
    Really? What specifically did you leave blank that got you the axe? Looking at my packet, I have MANY blanks, some because the information doesn't apply to me, some because I can't acquire it, such as old landlord's addresses, and some because I don't feel it is their business to have the information, such as the home addresses of my past roommates.

I've not had much experience with background packets so if anyone has any input, let's hear it.

Forum Member

Does anybody know how far down the list they went for this part of the process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by William Bourbonstreet View Post
    Really? What specifically did you leave blank that got you the axe? Looking at my packet, I have MANY blanks, some because the information doesn't apply to me, some because I can't acquire it, such as old landlord's addresses, and some because I don't feel it is their business to have the information, such as the home addresses of my past roommates.

I've not had much experience with background packets so if anyone has any input, let's hear it.

I left a lot of the same blanks unfilled or that I put N/A into. When the investigators came to my house they hounded me about my social media sites even though I didn't have anything to hide. They do not tell you why you fail. The investigators just said for future reference to not put NA or leave blanks. Their background is like applying for the FBI it felt like.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic0227 View Post
    Their background is like applying for the FBI it felt like.
    No kidding. I have a friend that is going through the process for a three letter agency himself and he can't believe what we have to do. Aurora is full of criminals though, so I guess I can understand their precautions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone know what the WSA is all about? I'm more or less curious if it's one of those "pick a word that best describes you" type of suitability assessments or if it's even more history they want. Also, I can agree that this particular background check is quite intense based on my experience which includes government agencies and security clearances. I've never had one ask about my past girlfriends and intimate relationships before.

Forum Member

I made 'B' band, hoping for the best!

Forum Member

Got the polygraph done today? Has anybody hear anything about backgrounds or have backgrounds scheduled yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information