Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 124
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: City of Aurora, CO 2014 (Entry / Lateral)

  1. #41
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trio03 View Post
    B Band. I know I was prolly close to A, but hard to compete with the pref points.

    Anyone know if they dipped into B last process? When do they randomize the rankings within the band??
    Yes they got into Band B last process. I was number 10 in band B and was disqualified during backgrounds. Be sure to fill out the background completely, do not use N/A for any blank. If you make it to the background/polygraph/psych they will come to your house and interview you in person, just a heads up.


  2. #42
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    116

    Default

    What were the point ranges for A,B,C bands? If anyone knows

  3. #43
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireMuscleMan21 View Post
    What were the point ranges for A,B,C bands? If anyone knows
    The cut off for Band A was 87.626%. I am not sure about the other bands.

  4. #44
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic0227 View Post
    Yes they got into Band B last process. I was number 10 in band B and was disqualified during backgrounds. Be sure to fill out the background completely, do not use N/A for any blank. If you make it to the background/polygraph/psych they will come to your house and interview you in person, just a heads up.
    Really? What specifically did you leave blank that got you the axe? Looking at my packet, I have MANY blanks, some because the information doesn't apply to me, some because I can't acquire it, such as old landlord's addresses, and some because I don't feel it is their business to have the information, such as the home addresses of my past roommates.

    I've not had much experience with background packets so if anyone has any input, let's hear it.

  5. #45
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Does anybody know how far down the list they went for this part of the process?

  6. #46
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William Bourbonstreet View Post
    Really? What specifically did you leave blank that got you the axe? Looking at my packet, I have MANY blanks, some because the information doesn't apply to me, some because I can't acquire it, such as old landlord's addresses, and some because I don't feel it is their business to have the information, such as the home addresses of my past roommates.

    I've not had much experience with background packets so if anyone has any input, let's hear it.

    I left a lot of the same blanks unfilled or that I put N/A into. When the investigators came to my house they hounded me about my social media sites even though I didn't have anything to hide. They do not tell you why you fail. The investigators just said for future reference to not put NA or leave blanks. Their background is like applying for the FBI it felt like.

  7. #47
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic0227 View Post
    Their background is like applying for the FBI it felt like.
    No kidding. I have a friend that is going through the process for a three letter agency himself and he can't believe what we have to do. Aurora is full of criminals though, so I guess I can understand their precautions.

  8. #48
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Anyone know what the WSA is all about? I'm more or less curious if it's one of those "pick a word that best describes you" type of suitability assessments or if it's even more history they want. Also, I can agree that this particular background check is quite intense based on my experience which includes government agencies and security clearances. I've never had one ask about my past girlfriends and intimate relationships before.

  9. #49
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I made 'B' band, hoping for the best!

  10. #50
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Got the polygraph done today? Has anybody hear anything about backgrounds or have backgrounds scheduled yet?

  11. #51
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I have everything scheduled for tomorrow because I'm an out of towner from Illinois. Got poly at 8AM then the WSA then the Psych in the afternoon. As far as I know once you turn your background papers in they start working em, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

  12. #52
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkester View Post
    I have everything scheduled for tomorrow because I'm an out of towner from Illinois. Got poly at 8AM then the WSA then the Psych in the afternoon. As far as I know once you turn your background papers in they start working em, but I'm not 100% certain on that.
    Good luck today. The process have been going pretty smooth and fast so I am assuming we will be hearing something soon. Maybe they are waiting until they get all the information from the poly, wsa, jsa, and background packet before they start. I guess I will have to be patient.

  13. #53
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    It seems like a large number are going through the background process. If a large number pass the background how do they determine who offers go out to?

  14. #54
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebug2 View Post
    It seems like a large number are going through the background process. If a large number pass the background how do they determine who offers go out to?
    That is where the priority number comes into play. They will give people conditional and final offers based on their priority number.

  15. #55
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Thanks for the well wishes. I think everything went well except one of the poly questions where I got nervous for no reason and I saw him mark it, then because I didn't want to screw it up again, I ended up triggering the same question on the second round because I knew he marked it once already. I don't foresee it being a problem as I explained the situation but even with experience in Poly's, it can still get you a bit nervous for nothing.

    I also asked the HR ladies at the front desk and she said that the results from the JSA/WSA stuff should be done in a week or two after you complete them, and after that they will do the Backgrounds in order of Priority number, as James mentioned. However they are also doing the LE backgrounds for all those hires as well, so it could be a month or two for the whole thing (including background) to be squared away, or at least that's what she told me. Who knows for sure though.

  16. #56
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkester View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes. I think everything went well except one of the poly questions where I got nervous for no reason and I saw him mark it, then because I didn't want to screw it up again, I ended up triggering the same question on the second round because I knew he marked it once already. I don't foresee it being a problem as I explained the situation but even with experience in Poly's, it can still get you a bit nervous for nothing.

    I also asked the HR ladies at the front desk and she said that the results from the JSA/WSA stuff should be done in a week or two after you complete them, and after that they will do the Backgrounds in order of Priority number, as James mentioned. However they are also doing the LE backgrounds for all those hires as well, so it could be a month or two for the whole thing (including background) to be squared away, or at least that's what she told me. Who knows for sure though.
    I saw him mark a few things during my poloygraph so I hope thay doesn't mean anything. He didn't really try to get me to clarify anything and I was not nearly as nervous for this poly as the last 2 that I did. I guess time will tell. I am sure if their are any questions it will come up in the background.

  17. #57
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Huh, interesting. Well I guess we'll see what happens. Best of luck to ya.

    On a side note, anyone know/can confirm that there is no Chief's oral/oral board? I find it strange that I've not seen anything regarding an interview in either of those fashions.

  18. #58
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkester View Post
    Huh, interesting. Well I guess we'll see what happens. Best of luck to ya.

    On a side note, anyone know/can confirm that there is no Chief's oral/oral board? I find it strange that I've not seen anything regarding an interview in either of those fashions.
    According to the flow chart the next step is backgrounds and then the background investigator will write up a summary report which will be sent to the commission for final approval. After that the commission approves by majority if the candidate geta a conditional offer. Then you do the post offer psych, medical and drug screening. So there is never any mention of oral boards at all.

  19. #59
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    From my experience in the process, from my understanding that there are only Chief interviews for the people going through the Lateral Process. The Civil Service Commission does all the hiring from the "no" experience firefighter pool. When I did my polygraph they asked me to clarify one question and that was about Drugs, which I have only tried once way back in High School. The question he wanted clarification on was a total surprise to me. Just be ready for your In Home Background Investigator interview it's pretty intimidating. They will ask to see your facebook's as well as any other social networking website you might have, while they are on them they send printouts back to their office. Good Luck everyone, just remember if you make it this far and the CSC fails you, you are banned for 2 years from applying.

  20. #60
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    36

    Default

    They sure do take this process seriously. Any insight on what else the home interview is about outside of the normal "who are you" and "show me your life on facebook/etc"?

    My number is 15 so I'm guessing as long as the JSA stuff went well, I'll hopefully have the background started fairly soon. Would like to gather as much info as I can so I'm not totally blindsided.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Colorado Springs, CO Entry-Level 2014
    By lastcall5398 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 04:23 PM
  2. Any California Fire depts. hiring entry/laterals 2014
    By Firemedic5150 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 01:28 AM
  3. Aurora CO lateral-2012
    By FFDOH63 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 12:28 AM
  4. Aurora Colorado FD Lateral?
    By jrp2010 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
  5. Aurora Fire (Co.) is hiring Entry and laterals
    By BSTruckman in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts