+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: City of Aurora, CO 2014 (Entry / Lateral)

Forum Member

Default City of Aurora, CO 2014 (Entry / Lateral)

Aps just opened. Anyone putting in?

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/auroracs/default.cfm

Forum Member

I will be throwing my hat in the ring. Hopefully I get in a higher band this time. Last time I didn't do so well.

Forum Member

Might as well give it a shot, I'm in.

Forum Member

Yeah James, me too. I do think Aurora does has a different grading method for the FireTeam. I'm good for an 88-90 all day, but when I took Aurora last time I C-Banded. From what I understand medic school is a requirement after 3 years or so I think. That being said, however, they take you offline and pay you to go. Not a terrible gig.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trio03 View Post
    Yeah James, me too. I do think Aurora does has a different grading method for the FireTeam. I'm good for an 88-90 all day, but when I took Aurora last time I C-Banded. From what I understand medic school is a requirement after 3 years or so I think. That being said, however, they take you offline and pay you to go. Not a terrible gig.
    Last time I tested for Aurora I was in D band!! I was so disappointed. I always end up in the low to mid 80's so I have to do better this time around or I won't have a shot. My understanding is the same as yours in regards to the medic school. It would definitely be a good department to be part of. Good luck with the test.

Forum Member

In for both, GL to all..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trio03 View Post
    Yes, medic school is a requirement. They are currently running behind sending people to medic school, so it may be more like 4+ years until they send you. As of right now, everyone is required to go even if you promote to engineer or lieutenant before you go.

Forum Member

If you are out of state, can you do the Fire Team at a testing center in your state, or do you have to travel out there to do it?

MembersZone Subscriber

If you find out if the Fire Team can be proxied from another location, post it up on here if ya don't mind. It would be nice to save some cash from flying out there.

Forum Member

I'm fairly certain you will be required to be in attendance for the test. They aren't part of any type of testing network as far as I know. Be worth a call to HR though! Good luck

I submitted aps for both lateral/entry friday afternoon. Has anyone received confirmation or test dates yet??

MembersZone Subscriber

The only confirmation I got was just the basic one saying it was actually sent through, but nothing from HR or anything. One would imagine that they will send out something soon-ish if the testing dates are starting soon.

Forum Member

Updated on governmentjobs.com.

Forum Member

Same here, I applied to both the entry and lateral positions and the only one that has updated is the entry level position. Also (new to me) they stated that there will be no test held for the lateral applicants that qualify for the position, it is solely based on your experience/certs/background/interview!!!

Forum Member

Updated on Gjobs also. Travis whereabouts did you read that? Does that differ from past practices?

Forum Member

I have been in contact with one of the recruiters over the last couple of days, he stated that for the lateral positions there will be no test, it's based on what I listed above. This is my first time testing with this department, so I'm not sure on how they have done the lateral process in the past. I was just stating, that not testing was new to me.

Forum Member

Sweet sounds good. Thanks for the inside info.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by travis_painter View Post
    I have been in contact with one of the recruiters over the last couple of days...
    Who are these recruiters? I've seen the word recruiter used elsewhere on these forums but I've never met a fire recruiter in person. What is there function? Where/how to they recruit?

Forum Member

Their phone number is on their website and on govjobs...

Forum Member

I applied last time for the entry level position. I made it to the background process and I was disqualified. Its a long process, when I tested it was entry level only no laterals had to test. If you don't get onto band A or B it will be a long time before you hear anything back. Fill out your background packet completely, don't put NA for any of it because it will haunt you! Good luck everyone!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by travis_painter View Post
    Their phone number is on their website and on govjobs...
    Not what I asked, but all right. Are they just there to answer questions from applicants or are they more like military recruiters?

Forum Member

Emails for entry level test scheduling sent out. Schedule through governmentjobs.

Forum Member

Done and done. You excited for another round of FireTeam WB?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea got my test invite today. So anyone know how the process goes after this placement test?

Forum Member

Its a long process, if you Google Aurora Colorado Civil Service, on their website they have a flow sheet of the process.

Forum Member

Anyone know if they have used FireTeam before and if so what score ranked band A last time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

Thread Information