Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 2013 1199As - Let the party begin!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SmithMD View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong... You only get an 1199 link if you are being considered for an award, correct? Or is there some other place that the information is hiding?
    That is correct. This I what you will be looking for in the 1199A link.

Reference Award Number: EMW-2013-FO-XXXXX or Reference Award Number: EMW-2013-FV-XXXXX

Forum Member

Correct, 1199A only shows if you're in line for the award.

Forum Member

Correct me if I am wrong... You only get an 1199 link if you are being considered for an award, correct? Or is there some other place that the information is hiding?
    You are correct. While there in no absolute promise of an award until you receive the actual award notice, the 1199A is the direct deposit banking form needed to provide you with federal funds when you are awarded. Finding an award number on an existing 1199A or getting an email requesting a first time awardee to complete the 1199A is an indicator of likelihood to receive an award.

To check your status log into the portal to see the status page. Click on the view application button to see if a tab with 1199A shows up. If you received an earlier award this tab will be on an earlier winning grant application. If you see "View 1199A" on an older application click on this and "go" to open the 1199A form. Then you will see the award numbers in the upper left corner. If there is a 2013 number that matches your 2013 application, it is a good sign. If you have never received a grant before the 1199A would be on your 2013 application.

Forum Member

Thank you so much for explaining that! Here's to hoping that I can get this 1946 truck replaced!

Quote Originally Posted by BCCB View Post
    You are correct. While there in no absolute promise of an award until you receive the actual award notice, the 1199A is the direct deposit banking form needed to provide you with federal funds when you are awarded. Finding an award number on an existing 1199A or getting an email requesting a first time awardee to complete the 1199A is an indicator of likelihood to receive an award.

To check your status log into the portal to see the status page. Click on the view application button to see if a tab with 1199A shows up. If you received an earlier award this tab will be on an earlier winning grant application. If you see "View 1199A" on an older application click on this and "go" to open the 1199A form. Then you will see the award numbers in the upper left corner. If there is a 2013 number that matches your 2013 application, it is a good sign. If you have never received a grant before the 1199A would be on your 2013 application.

I am completely new at this and am trying to navigate my way through what appears to be a very "involved" process.
    How is possible for you to see that information, prior to it being posted?
    BC79er has a grantwriting company, and this is information from his clients.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

I appreciate any and all information that I have learned in the last few days. If there is anyone else on here that can share helpful hints and tips or who have inside connections that give a heads up, I would much appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    BC79er has a grantwriting company, and this is information from his clients.

I appreciate any and all information that I have learned in the last few days. If there is anyone else on here that can share helpful hints and tips or who have inside connections that give a heads up, I would much appreciate it.
    Do your level best to attend both a FEMA workshop and one of Kurt's (ktb9780) or Brian's (BC79er) workshops to learn more. Brian's company hasn't done them in a few years but Kurt maintains a very busy schedule of them.
    Capt_Hill likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

I am actually going to be about 130 miles from you in Walbridge, OH doing a class on June 28-29th. More information here:

http://firstrespondergrants.com/frg_..._view/class/96
    Last edited by ktb9780; 05-06-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

We don't do many workshops because most see that our hiring price isn't much more than the workshop fee so they'd rather tap into us for the whole app process. Not that people don't learn anything, have a long list of happy people that came and wrote their own successfully, but comes down to an ROI. Plus we go on an invite basis instead of booking locations first then trying to fill them. Costs money for deposits plus would drive the price of the class up. Hard to preach value and ROI in the grants and then not live it in the business.

We are lining one up now on the south side of Charlotte NC for July, details to be posted on our web site: www.vickersconsultingservices.com.

We also take requests for classes as does Kurt, both of us operate on the if you can get enough people to show up we'll be there. As nice of guys as we are this is how we pay our mortgages so travel can't be an upside down revenue situation for either of us.

Amen to that Brian! Hard to hold the costs at affordable levels with rising travel costs everywhere but, still cheaper for me to come to you than for you to come to me.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Kurt,

I have already asked for the time off in order to attend your class.

Its funny how things line up like this.

By chance are you going to be presenting (or could you present) any information on organizations that have a history of supporting 501c3 not for profit, emergency agencies? If so that would be phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    I am actually going to be about 130 miles from you in Walbridge, OH doing a class on June 28-29th. More information here:

http://firstrespondergrants.com/frg_..._view/class/96

Walbridge, OH Late June...... I predict a freak late season lake effect snow storm to hit the region June 27th

mwtetreault likes this.
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    Congrats! When was your last check?
    Was the first Friday of awards... I was out of town all last week and didn't check or get on the boards here for a reminder.

Kurt,

I have already asked for the time off in order to attend your class.

Its funny how things line up like this.

By chance are you going to be presenting (or could you present) any information on organizations that have a history of supporting 501c3 not for profit, emergency agencies? If so that would be phenomenal!
    There is a section of my course that covers non-profit foundation and corporate foundation grant making and application to same.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Excellent! I am excited to see what is out there!
    I don't suppose (for the purposes of the Ohio class) that you would be able to narrow down these organizations that have a proven track record of providing "Ohio specific" funding
    could you?

There is a section of my course that covers non-profit foundation and corporate foundation grant making and application to same.

Excellent! I am excited to see what is out there!
    I don't suppose (for the purposes of the Ohio class) that you would be able to narrow down these organizations that have a proven track record of providing "Ohio specific" funding
    could you?
    Well, you will have to come to the class to learn that, LOL! You will leave the class armed with the knowledge on how to locate and target those funding sources.
    Kurt Bradley

Found an 1199a yesterday that was not there Sunday. Second vehicle grant for a rural FD in Missouri. (Now if my own department grant would hit......)

Forum Member

I am not a veteran of the AFG, but have done several successful grants for our department. I am a little fuzzy due to the fact that we haven't received an award for some time. Is there a "better" time of day to check for the 1199a's? Just curious if there was a usual time that they are posted.

To any of those out there looking, I took Kurt's class last year. We were in a slump on receiving awards and it was a great reference. There was information regarding 501c3 grants as well. Although the class I was in was geared more toward law enforcement, I still walked away with a lot of knowledge. I guess we will see how we do this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Hill View Post
    Is there a "better" time of day to check for the 1199a's? Just curious if there was a usual time that they are posted.
    No specific time; these are part of the award recommendation process which is an ongoing operation. Each award is manually processed so they go on throughout the day when applications are being processed. Doesn't happen every day, either.

Forum Member

I will be there with bells on!

Well, you will have to come to the class to learn that, LOL! You will leave the class armed with the knowledge on how to locate and target those funding sources.

Thread Information