Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 2013 1199As - Let the party begin!

Forum Member

I received 1199a sometime between today and Sunday. Question is I was requesting a brush truck and a tanker which both are about 6 yrs late being replaced. The 1199a had no cut. Does that me both are possbily
    going to be warded?

So you did a multiple vehicle request? What were your funding requests?

Forum Member

I requested for a 2000 Gal tanker with NFPA equipment (listed) and a quick attack/brush truck. The full funding was still there in my budget with no cuts. In past if there was an adjustment it would be made in advance.
    I want to give a special thanks to Brain Vickers, Kurt, Sly and all the other people here on the forum for the help and knowledge gain. This has been a very successful year for our fire department and I am sure without your help it would not have been. thanks again

MembersZone Subscriber

DT, congrats if you get both. That seems like a real feat. As they say at Disney, Have a magical day...Wow!
    BB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DTaa66 View Post
    I received 1199a sometime between today and Sunday. Question is I was requesting a brush truck and a tanker which both are about 6 yrs late being replaced. The 1199a had no cut. Does that me both are possbily
    going to be warded?
    Holy smokes, if you can manage to get 2 apparatus in one year, i am going to have to buy your grant narrative.

Forum Member

I didn't know there was a way to even apply for 2 vehicles at one time!

Forum Member

You can ask for up to 3 within 1 app, or 2 in 1 individual and a regional vehicle app. Doesn't mean ask unless each will qualify by themselves, Don has a heck of a situation down there with old fleet disease so itks a heck of a score. Congrats by the way.

Forum Member

Although it is rare, it can happen and happend to us, and we are a very small department, 34 sq miles, 4200 people, two stations, 250 calls a year. We got two vehicles in AFG2011, odd it was the same combination, a 2000 gallon tanker and a brush truck. Congrats, goes back to the basics of telling the truth and proving the need, again congrats.

MembersZone Subscriber

Can you apply for more then 1 FV besides applying for a Operations AFG?

How about a Regional Operations Application can you also apply individually on a FV or FO?

Forum Member

You can apply for up to 3 trucks within your individual Vehicle application.

Then you can apply for a regional Vehicle also which will be limited to: aerial, rescue, air/light, hazmat, command, etc. Basically anything except tanker, pumper, and brush truck. For 2013 there was an issue with having the Regional Vehicle and Individual Vehicle under the same login so we recommended creating another one just for the regional vehicle.

You can then also host an Operations grant and Regional grant.

Under each login you can have the 3 applications: FO, FV, FR. But you can also participate in as many regional applications as you'd be competitive for as long as others host them. Each app stands on it's own legs. We had one department host a regional and be in 2 others, all 3 funded plus their FO.

Some Guy

A great moment in my career today as I got to accept a AFG Grant this afternoon. Thank you very much Kurt of helping us.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Just a new name View Post
    A great moment in my career today as I got to accept a AFG Grant this afternoon. Thank you very much Kurt of helping us.
    well not knowing who you are, I will simply say you are welcome!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Some Guy

I sent you a PM. NJ department for SCBA. Thanks again!!!
    This space for rent

MembersZone Subscriber

So in 2014 we can host a FR Regional Radio and still apply for a FO for Hose and a Aerial as either FV or another Regional? Guess I will have more typing and planning to do. Thank you.

That is correct - start planning! You can do all three as long as you do not duplicate your request in any of the other applications.

(i.e. portable radios in FO and portable radios in FR)

Forum Member

Unless they change the app code Regional Vehicles are also FV, the only difference in 2013 was marking Regional benefit and entering all the contact info for all agencies you were including in the stats. Maybe they will make an FT or something to differentiate the individual vs regional vehicle apps for 2014.

Which is why Sly said start now, 2013s call numbers are done with, no reason not to be ready for August.

Forum Member

For the 2013 AFG application, State Fire Training Academy applicants were all given the FZ prefix, whether they applied for Operations, Vehicle(s), or both. It's likely that will happen in the 2014 application for Regional applicants as well - they will have a way to apply for Operations and/or Vehicle(s) and the grant number will have the FR prefix.
    There were several inconsistencies in the 2013 AFG application, but a lot of work is being done on the 2014 AFG application so it will not have similar problems.
    Believed by many to be the best-administered homeland security grant in the country, the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program provides an accessible competitive opportunity for fire departments and non-affiliated EMS agencies across the US to get funding for a wide range of operations and safety, vehicles, and regional communications projects.

Forum Member

Can anyone tell me how many different classifications of AFG grants that there are, also what each of them stand for? I.e. FO, FA?

Forum Member

FO - Individual Operations
    FV - Individual & Regional Vehicles
    FR - Regional Operations
    FC - 2009 Fire Station Grants
    FF - SAFER R&R
    FH - SAFER Hiring
    FP - Fire Prevention
    FZ - AFG State Fire School application

Don't forget for those of us who have been around for too long, the original classification was "FG" for all fire grants; before Fire Prevention was separated, multiple applications by agency were allowed, and the other programs were born.
    jhl81791123 likes this.

Thread Information