Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 2013 1199As - Let the party begin!

Forum Member

Ran my list again and found nothing. Got a couple calls from AFG to 2 clients for some minor screw ups on their SAMS account but other than that, ZILTCH. Crossing my fingers and still praying.
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

This is becoming tedious......another check.....another day of disappointment.

Come on AFG.....what gives with the snail pace on dropping 1199A's?

Forum Member

Default Lacks of 1199A's dropping

I don't know if this helps, however I received confirmation via 1199A form last week. I did exactly as the directions said, had it signed by the correct people and mailed (certified, signature required) to this address.

Department of Homeland Security
    Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate (FEMA)
    Grants Management Branch Mail Stop 3610
    500 C Street, SW, Room 350
    Washington, DC 20472

Attn: Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program

My 1199a was delivered and signed for, however has not been uploaded yet. So I called and left a
    Message for the person in charge of the 1199a receipt and managment. I got a call today from her stating that "DO NOT MAIL IN YOUR 1199A'S" the address is apprently wrong and the letters may or may not make it to the correct person... The fax number that I was given is 301 998 8699. Ms. Clark is the in charge person... Be careful on approach, she's a bit overworked amd fiesty!

I hope this helps you guys!

Forum Member

I think that this must have been the hold up on ours, as well. I mailed it per instructions on the form, about 1 month ago. On Tuesday I received a call from FEMA asking if I had sent it & then was asked to fax it instead.

Forum Member

Once again I want to thank Brian,Kurt, Sly and others who have had input on here. I was a happy camper when I received a call yesterday we would receive our award today. I was even happier this morning when I read the award package and found we received what we had ask for. A 2000 Gallon Tanker and a Mini Rescue/Brush truck. Now waiting to receive my extrication award which was post before they began the awards. Once again Guy's you have been very helpful and are appreciated.
    ktb9780 likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats DTaa66! Great job.

Still waiting on our Microgrant award. 1199a showed up in the first couple of days of the releases, but nothing yet. Chomping at the bit. Double checked the SAM and everything else. Don't think there is anything on our end that would hold it up.

Forum Member

Congrats Don, glad to hear my ramblings on here helped get somebody something. Speaking of rescue/brush trucks the Margaritaville VFD truck just pulled up at tailgating for Jimmy Buffett in Austin tonight. Would p
    Ost but cankt do pics on mobile posts. Yes I am a pirate....
    JAM1096 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Congrats Don, glad to hear my ramblings on here helped get somebody something. Speaking of rescue/brush trucks the Margaritaville VFD truck just pulled up at tailgating for Jimmy Buffett in Austin tonight. Would p
    Ost but cankt do pics on mobile posts. Yes I am a pirate....
    You need to borrow my "Parrothead" hat Brian, I also have the " Lost shaker of salt".
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats also Don. Good things come to those that wait. Sometimes it just has to be your turn.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    You need to borrow my "Parrothead" hat Brian, I also have the " Lost shaker of salt".
    I found mine, of course it's not really lost if I know where it's at is it?

I did get picked up by the cops, I don't handle being the back of a cop car very well though. Here's a pic of me trying to get out:

Funny story about that, we're at our friends RV spot and someone says "Hey the cops" as 3 of them pull up with lights going. I turn around and they're walking towards me with hands on tasers asking everyone else if things were alright. Apparently they got a call that a big weightlifting biker looking guy was squatting at someone's RV spot and wouldn't leave, and they thought it was me. Which I'll take as a compliment, the weightlifting part anyway. Biker just because I've been growing the chin hairs since getting discharged last year.

Luckily no one with us was mad at me for anything otherwise I can see the youtube video in my head: "He tried to steal my beer! He got weed!" Then Brian goes ZZZZTTTTTT....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Got an email from someone saying DHS rep called them, logged on and they're a 1st timer, Update 1199A with no email yet. PPE.

MembersZone Subscriber

Found an 1199A for a department for SCBA.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SmithMD View Post
    I don't know if this helps, however I received confirmation via 1199A form last week. I did exactly as the directions said, had it signed by the correct people and mailed (certified, signature required) to this address... I got a call today from her stating that "DO NOT MAIL IN YOUR 1199A'S" the address is apprently wrong and the letters may or may not make it to the correct person... The fax number that I was given is 301 998 8699. Ms. Clark is the in charge person... Be careful on approach, she's a bit overworked amd fiesty!

I hope this helps you guys!
    In the email I received for the 1199A it said to fax the form to 202-786-9905 and keep the original in the grant file. I faxed it (and mailed a copy just in case) and am still waiting on the official notification.

Forum Member

Fax it to the 301-998-8699 number. It will be processed much faster.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the tip Sly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch 8903 View Post
    In the email I received for the 1199A it said to fax the form to 202-786-9905 and keep the original in the grant file. I faxed it (and mailed a copy just in case) and am still waiting on the official notification.

Fletch,

I was on the phone with Ms.Clark as I faxed my form over. She verbally confirmed receipt of it and stated that it would be processed to accounting today (06/04/14), and likely be available for award in 2 to 3 weeks. She said the biggest delays this year are all related to SAM.gov. Apparently it has a few bugs and is performing very poorly! Factor in the complexity of the terms and questions in it and it spells out a problem for "joe fireman".

I am not telling you to follow my advice however, I know for a fact that it worked! Ultimately the choice is yours.

MembersZone Subscriber

My conversations with program office confirm that this ifs the number they want us to use tho fax the form to.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    My conversations with program office confirm that the number they want us to use to fax the form to is the one you quoted Sly.
    Use the 301 #.

Forum Member

Probably be movement today while I'm on the road to Lubbock. Anyone in TX heading to the SFFMA convention? Stop on by the booth, wearing hats for both companies this weekend. Got freebies, one might save your life.

Forum Member

Anyone finding any new 1199A's?

Forum Member

I think I'm gonna go back to the watering hole.... this waiting game is hard on my nerves.

Forum Member

Had some action late yesterday -- new 1199A for a first timer and finally some movement on a Regional app.
    Last edited by SLY4420; 06-06-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Forum Member

Yankee transplants like me forget TX ain't like the northeast. 9hrs of driving used to mean 3 states and into Canada. Here it means I'm still in the same state. Figures there'd be movement while I was on the road, guess I'll check later after we're set up in the convention center.

Forum Member

Guess it's finally time for FR's...another one posted within the hour

Forum Member

Got one here. 1199A and award number issued. $40,000 for a new cascade fill system.

Thread Information