Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 2013 1199As - Let the party begin!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by EMT6126 View Post
    Just got the award last night for 191k for 8 ambulance cot loading systems. Thank the lord. Happy Dance
    Awesome guy, congratulations.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Got it! Got the call a couple of days ago. New SCBAs and a compressor for the boys! Good luck to everyone else who's waiting.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Just found the 2nd half of a countywide 2-part regional SCBA, first half 1199A showed 3 weeks ago. Found it on a spot check so probably an afternoon rollout between now and dinnertime...

Did find another FR for SCBA and a pumper out of TN so definitely happy day. Just for those keeping track of getting vehicles funded the 1st application for this truck was 2007. Then 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and now. They didn't get their run counts to us in time to submit for 2012. Either way, computer denial every time, so this was the first year it beat the computer and now is getting funded.

This is the reason a computer denial isn't so much a statement on the application but a statement of relativity compared to other applications at the same time. Truck apps were the main reason we like many others here only charge a small amount ($50 for us) for resubmitting apps for the same project. Sometimes it takes others getting funded to get out of the way so we can get ours. This department's mutual aid is also getting a tanker, 4th submission and 1st time beating the computer also. Worst thing anyone can do is not resubmit after a denial when it's a solid need.
    So do I understand correctly that if an application's still open then it beat the computer scoring?

Forum Member

Never mind...just answered my own question by reading a previous thread. Looks like mass denial letters haven't started dropping yet.

Forum Member

Just found an 1199A for $60K, SCBA, RIT Packs and Training. Thanks for the pointers Kurt.

MembersZone Subscriber

Your welcome. Keep it up.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

A parting gift to my old department:
    Barnstead Fire-Rescue Barnstead NH Vehicle Acquisition $285,000.00 Vehicle Acquisition ($300,000) 7/7/2014
    ktb9780, onebugle and islandfire03 like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Correction. We did not get the compressor we requested. Still tickled pink about the SCBAs. Wondering why the compressor request was shot down. Anyone have any insight?

Forum Member

Compressor falls under Equipment and SCBA falls under PPE -- two separate activity classifications in the application. Most likely, for some reason or another, the Equipment portion of the application did not go to panel review and was cut from the application.

Each activity (Equipment, Modify Facilities, Personal Protective Equipment, Training, and Wellness and Fitness) is pre-scored separately.

Forum Member

Got a 1199A update in early May for a new 100' Platform, for $1,125,000. Still no award yet. Wish they would hurry up. Got another one out for another department, to replace a 36 year old front line pumper that is open cab, it is the only pumper truck this department has. Nothing on it yet, hopefully it will get awarded, but 5 years of trying and never made it to peer review.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by madfirelieutenant View Post
    Got a 1199A update in early May for a new 100' Platform, for $1,125,000. Still no award yet. Wish they would hurry up.
    Hurry up?! You're sitting on over a million dollar award that looks pretty favorable! I know it's hard to contain excitement, but it does take time to get through the award process -- especially for an award of that size. I still have 1199As from early April waiting for award notification.

Quote Originally Posted by madfirelieutenant View Post
    Got another one out for another department, to replace a 36 year old front line pumper that is open cab, it is the only pumper truck this department has. Nothing on it yet, hopefully it will get awarded, but 5 years of trying and never made it to peer review.
    I would say just judging from the lack of activity reported on the forums and the amount of unannounced awards, any applications not receiving some sort of indication are starting to look grim at this point. I'm sure we will see some more trickling out, but usually at this point in the game, the funding starts to run out. I know I still have a good number of applications with 1199As not yet announced...so I'm sure many others do as well.

Forum Member

SLY4420......no notification yet here.....your not helping my enthusiasm!

Forum Member

Just trying to be a realist

Forum Member

nice severance gift Mark
    We always thought of Barnstead as officer Obie ville when we snuck through on the way to louden.
    Especially when they sat in the dark at 4 AM running radar coming down the hill by the ball field.

Forum Member

Well Sam.gov fixed and 1199 submitted and confirmed, I am going to belly up to the bar and order top shelf, waiting for the official award.

Forum Member

Has anyone recieved an 1199 in the past few days?

Forum Member

It's been awhile since any were reported, but there is usually a lull in the process after so many have been loaded as the funds start to dwindle. Judging from the timeline of previous years, we may see a few more; but remember that all of the FY2013 funding must be awarded by September.

MembersZone Subscriber

Got the congressional call today for Friday, almost one million dollar regional radio grant for 14 departments receiving new 800 MHz portable radios. We received a Micro on the 4th of July for rescue tools. Happy Happy Happy!

Forum Member

Congrats Chief!

Forum Member

Don't know when they all posted since I've been traveling the past few days, but found a reduced Regional 1199A, a 1st timer for SCBA, and another PPE 1199A. Update email for the 1st timer was dated today so figuring it was either last yesterday or today that it posted in the dropdown menu.

Forum Member

We were awarded this morning for SCBA's. Thanks for the guidance! Happy Day for our department!

Forum Member

We received the award number Wednesday for much needed SCBA , puts me in double figures for our department. But more importantly increased safety for our personnel.

Forum Member

Received an award today for much needed breathing air compressor. From the time the 1199A was found to today, took about five weeks. Have one minor panic attached along the way when a FEMA staff person e-mailed me and told me we fail to closeout a 2006 SAFER Grant. After a phone conversation and explaining that the grant closeout portal was down for a time and that the grant was closed out by hand things were good. Plus I e-mailed him all of the 2006 SAFER closeout documents just to be safe.

Thank you to all the members here for the free advice that I received. It’s nice to have a benefit let this.

Forum Member

Got a client regional awarded today 374k SCBA. Thank You Lord, they needed it. Jeff
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Forum Member

Default A few Qs

Three questions:
    1. Anyone know if DJs have come out yet? Or are we still in the running with no 1199 yet?
    2. How are people finding 1199s for departments that aren't their own?
    3. Will 2011 & 2012 AFGs that haven't been closed out yet hold us up from a 2013 award?
    Thanks!

Thread Information