Forum Member

Default Houston Fire 2014

I know Im way early. Im just trying to get some information, since Im from out of state. Such as schedule (debit day?), daily station life, how the paramedic rotation works and the intensity of the academy. Hopefully there are some current HFD members floating around on here. Thanks in advance for any responses! Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jayman4l View Post
    I know Im way early. Im just trying to get some information, since Im from out of state. Such as schedule (debit day?), daily station life, how the paramedic rotation works and the intensity of the academy. Hopefully there are some current HFD members floating around on here. Thanks in advance for any responses! Good luck to all.

Do a search with " Houston " there are several threads

Forum Member

Thanks. I looked all over before I posted this. Did not find what I was looking for. So I'll keep trying.

Forum Member

Will HFD be using the FST exam like last year? How many recruits are they looking to hire? Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dctalk523 View Post
    Will HFD be using the FST exam like last year? How many recruits are they looking to hire? Thanks.
    Do I need to buy a study guide for the Civil Service Exam?
    No. Each applicant that applies online will receive an email that will include a link to access the preparation guide. If you are interested in another resource to help you prepare for the test, there is a practice test available from the vendor at a cost of $12.00.

Forum Member

In for this as well. This is my first year applying there so I have a lot of research to do.

Forum Member

just took the civil service exam, anyone have any ideas if scores come out before/after the PAT and interview, or a number of recruits they want.

Being at the entry level test it seemed there was only about 400-550 people there and they said they were expecting 1800

Forum Member

scores will come out before the pat and interview. the interview is more like a meeting w a recruiter to make sure you have all your documents in line for the background investigation. from what I was told from the last go around they are gonna hire a lot of people due to a federal grant. last process they had three classes for uncertified and two for certified. my guess this year they'll have at least two academy's maybe three again. so if you pass that test and can run 1.5 miles you're pretty much good to go.

Thread Information