Thread: HME Platform

Forum Member

Default HME Platform

As mentioned, HME has made some investments in product development. Any constructive feed back from any past or current HME users...Any thoughts on or has anyone seen the Scorpion platform they have?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fire325 View Post
    As mentioned, HME has made some investments in product development. Any constructive feed back from any past or current HME users...Any thoughts on or has anyone seen the Scorpion platform they have?
    Given that the Scorpion was introduced in 2012, I'm sure the actual aerial and associated components are RK products. I know they're in the midst of introducing some of their own aerial products though.

Not a user, but was a competitor. I think the HME bolted body is a hell of a product. Very well built, I think the fit and finish is up there and pricing seems very competitive. Some love the chassis product, some don't. Given how I see some of the pricing from them, you will get a lot of apparatus for the dollar.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Let's talk fire trucks!

I looked it over quite a bit when it was debuted at FDIC, it seems like quite a neat idea (albeit unusual) idea. Maybe wouldn't fit the need for every department, but might be the answer for others.

I agree with NPFD, their bodies appear to be built as sturdy as can be with good fit-and-finish and clean lines.

As for their cabs, I believe that they were a great product when introduced, but have been far surpassed by a number of other manufacturers since the largely-untouched 1871-series cab was introduced almost 25 years ago.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

My #1 POC FD has a 2005 HME Rescue Engine and we have had no issues at all with the chassis. It is very solid and I agree with the good fit and finish statement.

It's kind of funny when we talk about the age of a particular cab style. The Mack CF was produced from 1967 to 1990 and I have heard numerous times on FH.com that if it was being built today there would be a line to get them.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Let's talk fire trucks!

If Mack could still built the CF to meet modern emission standards, I agree they'd sell a million of 'em.

I wouldn't even begin to mention the HME 1871 series and the Mack CF in the same sentence, however.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    If Mack could still built the CF to meet modern emission standards, I agree they'd sell a million of 'em.

I wouldn't even begin to mention the HME 1871 series and the Mack CF in the same sentence, however.
    I agree that the Mack and the HME are in a different league, but my point was there was no clamoring by the fire service for an updated CF. It was bscially unchanged during its entire run, other than a few cosmetic changes and of course technology updates. But the basic look never changed, although I guess you could say the addition of the 4 door cab was a major change.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Thread Information