Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Philadelphia EMT Hiring 2014

Forum Member

Default Philadelphia EMT Hiring 2014

So now that the application is closed does anybody have any idea how the hiring process is going to go? Its not like there was a test or anything. Will it be interview based or random number generated? How may applicants do you think there are?

Forum Member

it will take time..always does with the city...applicants still have until may 25th to get all their supporting documents in...from there it will take even more time...the police move quick and even they aren't fast in terms of hiring and processing..seems the PFD is even slower...It took them 3 months just to process testing scores...in all fairness i'm not even sure how many took the firefighter exam but 3 months seems a bit long.

Forum Member

Well the feeling I got was that this was going to be quicker since this was something they were pushing for. I'm just curious what the process is. I don't see why everything has to be such a secret all the time.

Forum Member

Check your email. Just got my rank.

Forum Member

What's new to all my fellow EMT's any status change on your application?

Forum Member

No. My status hasn't changed in that the entire application vanished. I emailed Marcus on Friday and left a message on his VM this morning. If I don't hear back by ebd of tomorrow I'll go in person on Wednesday. I have my rank email so I'm trying not to be to worried about things. We'll see.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedown View Post
    No. My status hasn't changed in that the entire application vanished. I emailed Marcus on Friday and left a message on his VM this morning. If I don't hear back by ebd of tomorrow I'll go in person on Wednesday. I have my rank email so I'm trying not to be to worried about things. We'll see.

Were did you get ranked approximately?

Forum Member

80-100. The number I am ranked wouldnt effect my application being visible though.

Forum Member

Just weird how your entire application just vanished.. let me know how you make out once you get a hold of marcus..

Forum Member

Yeah. Will do.

Forum Member

It is most likely under "Archive" applications Phila ... you can view in under that

Forum Member

Oh wow dude. There it is. Thanks. Why did it move into that when none of my other applications ever did before? Thats weird. Thank you so much.

Forum Member

Eligable for hire, by the way. I'm curious when the hiring process is going to start now.

Forum Member

Good Question I hope within the next two months they start processing everyone.. I did here that the academy will be about six weeks long then four weeks of on the job training...

Forum Member

No prob ... don't know why it goes in archive

Forum Member

hey guys, I'm a little confused. Is the eligibility number they gave in the emails your rank? IE they start from the top and work down?

Forum Member

Yeah. Thats your number. So if they are hiring 150 EMTs (which is the rumor and seems to make sense) and your number is betwee 1-150 you will get an interview. They usually send out more letters (double?)though, because not everyone makes it. Reasons for that could be drug tests, past debts, etc.

Forum Member

Anybody here anything? Rumor was floating around about Emt's in July and FF's in the fall? Something about the city approved the budget?

Forum Member

Wondering the same thing. I'm thinking we should get our interviews sometime this month.

Forum Member

Hey fellas,

Here is the Philadelphia Fire Department Fiscal Year 2015 Budget Testimony
    http://phlcouncil.com/wp-content/upl...reFY15Test.pdf
    If you look at page 4 you will see they anticipate that approximately 100 EMT's will be hired in the next 12 months. Good luck to all of you

Forum Member

Has anybody called the pfd to determine if and when the Emt classes are starting? Or any news?

Forum Member

Well if you look at the city's job postings they have departmental positions available for Fire Paramedic Captain & Lieutenant and those applications close 7/11. I'm guessing that might have something to do with the restructuring and if thats the case they probably would take care of that first before contacting us about interviews. It would be nice to have some sort of ballpark timeline but I can't imagine it will be much longer.

Forum Member

I called pfd human resources and they said they are trying to establish a orientation date.. Once they do letters will be sent out.. No time line on the date though.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Not yet. I can't imagine we will until next month. The wait is making me anxious for sure.

Thread Information