Like Tree1Likes

Thread: San Jose ca fire department

Forum Member

Default San Jose ca fire department

Has anyone heard on when they would be conducting the interviews? I thought I read about the week of may 6th but not sure.

Forum Member

Interviews were conducted this week (5.6-5.9). Although now it's too late, check your spam folder. All my communication coming from SJFD got routed there for some reason (I use gmail).

Hope you were able to figure it out ahead of time!

Forum Member

SJFD is a great department!!! Good luck to both of you!!! I am not a member of the department, but I have a lot of contacts, so if you have any questions, want to do a ride-along, or anything feel free to PM me. SJFD is my dream department, so I'm more than willing to help anyone who wants to work for them.

Forum Member

I am so mad because I never thought to check my spam folder thru gmail, and sure enough there it was a email saying I was invited to a interview! I can't believe that it happed to me, I was looking forward to working at that department I know guys there and everything. Hopefully they will hire again. now I know to look in my spam folder next time.

Forum Member

My invite was also spammed. Bummer.

Forum Member

If it makes anyone feel better, I heard the august academy will be all medics. Makes sense as a lot of people have been promoted lately and apparently they're short in that area. Let's all hope they don't go to 3 FF per truck!

I'm only an EMT as of right now. Fingers crossed they have a mixed EMT/Medic academy sometime early 2015.

Forum Member

I just got a email saying they are going to be doing more interviews in a few months that there was a lot of emails that went to spam. Hopefully it works out this time

Forum Member

I initially got a letter saying I didnt score high enough for this first round, but today also got a letter saying I should be considered for any future interview processes....?!?!

Has anyone heard more info about this??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by akav View Post
    I just got a email saying they are going to be doing more interviews in a few months that there was a lot of emails that went to spam. Hopefully it works out this time
    Thanks for posting, that email went to my spam as well. Added the two emails suggested to my contacts. Hopefully should hear some news by early June.

Forum Member

I received a letter in the mail today saying that they will have more interviews in the next few months, and that I will have a chance to register for an oral board then.

Forum Member

I got the same letter in the mail and email regarding and announcement in early June with the next round of interview dates. Watch the gmail spam folder, I initially missed a bunch of emails too!

Forum Member

Anyone hear any updates about scheduling interviews? Supposed to hear something early June...

Forum Member

I was thinking the same thing I haven't heard anything yet.

Forum Member

Nothing yet unfortunately....

Forum Member

I called their HR dept about a week ago. In total they're going to interview 1,100 people and the lady acknowledged the first round was botched due to the spam email situation. She mentioned the fall as the next round of interviews.

They took 100 people to backgrounds after the first round of interviews. I asked if there would be a published list to see where I ranked. Apparently the list is dynamic and SJFD will hire based on what needs the department has at that time. The 100 currently in backgrounds are primarily medics and bilingual. Say at the time of the next academy the department needs candidates who have their Class B license, then they'll shift the list accordingly.

That's all I know at this time, hope it helps.

Forum Member

Just received my email and scheduled my date and time!

Forum Member

When did you schedule your interview enumclaw2006 I was thinking I should go for sometime in August to prepare more. I wonder when the next academy is since we missed August one?

Forum Member

I scheduled mine for July 26th

Forum Member

Cool just scheduled mine for aug 9th!

Forum Member

Curious to know how many they're interviewing.

Forum Member

How did the ones that went on a interview go?

Forum Member

Haven't heard anything from anyone that's gone through interviews yet.

Forum Member

I'm in backgrounds from the first round of interviews. Knocked out the poly a couple weeks back. We're not going to know anything until the end of this month.

Don't think there will be a huge rush to process the second round super quickly just yet.

First round took approximately 50 medics and 50 EMTs to backgrounds. Seems like a fair amount of bilingual people. (Not including myself)

The HR lady works out at my gym and told me approximately 941 people will be interviewed total.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sanjoahu84 View Post
    I'm in backgrounds from the first round of interviews. Knocked out the poly a couple weeks back. We're not going to know anything until the end of this month.

Don't think there will be a huge rush to process the second round super quickly just yet.

First round took approximately 50 medics and 50 EMTs to backgrounds. Seems like a fair amount of bilingual people. (Not including myself)

The HR lady works out at my gym and told me approximately 941 people will be interviewed total.
    Cali loves that espanol! Thanks for the update and good luck to ya.

Forum Member

941 interviewed in this month and next?

Thread Information