Thread: Call for Papers

Forum Member

Default Call for Papers

Passing on info re: the 2014 ITRS conference call for papers....

The International Technical Rescue Symposium (ITRS), jointly presented by CMC Rescue, Inc. and Pigeon Mountain Industries, Inc., will be held November 6-9, 2014 at Marriott Denver West in Golden, Colorado.

ITRS is the leading forum for up to date, state-of-the-art, technical rescue information. Rescuers representing mountain, cave, fire, industrial, and swiftwater gather to discuss ways to improve safety and performance, and answer questions such as:

· What’s been tested lately?

· Is that belay system reliable?

· Two-rope system or main and belay?

· Will that “xxx” hurt my rope?

· How will that new standard affect me?

· What’s new in air operations?

· What do we know about that accident?

The Symposium format consists of two and a half days of peer presentations. There are no vendor displays or anyone selling T-shirts, but plenty of opportunity for you to talk to other rescuers to exchange ideas, find out what others are doing, and how they are solving problems. ITRS encourages a free flow of information among participants. ITRS allows a maximum number of 150 attendees to keep the setting small, which permits better audience participation. To encourage quality presentations, ITRS features the Best of Show awards ballot.

Have you done a presentation at ITRS? If not, you might want to think about it. You might be the next presenter to be awarded the Best Overall Presentation, Most Practical Presentation, or Best New Research!

Learn more at: www.itrsonline.org or contact Loui McCurley at ITRSProgram@PMIRope.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I highly recommend that everyone who has the time and funds available to attend an ITRS conference. Even though it is definitely not a training program you will learn valuable information from each and every presenter. I attended every symposium from 1999 through 2011 and presented twice. Unfortunately, my current employer doesn't believe in paying or making time available to attend so I'm stuck reading the presentation papers after they have been posted online until I can find a more forward thinking employer.

Mike

Thread Information