Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By islandfire03

Thread: PA Fire Expo

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    246

    Smile PA Fire Expo

    Anyone have photo's from the PA fire expo, that they can post for us that could not attend this year ?
    These can be from any builders of fire apparatus, E-One, Pierce, Kme, Toyne, Ferrara, Spartan,Seagrave, Hme, etc.!


  2. #2
    Forum Member islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    stolen from buff
    because it fits the PA whacker show so well

    Here are some observations from the recent Harrisburg Fire Expo show:

    To quote it's unknown author "If nothing else, I have to witness again and again the immutable fact that the fire service will take anybody. "

    Dewly Whacker, wearing the stained tee shirt stretched tight over his gut,
    carrying the $1500 light bar that he will install on his $200 truck, while
    his tired-looking and very ugly wife pushes the carriage containing the
    mean little results of his sperm colliding with her ovum in a long ago moment
    of Mad Dog 20/20 inspired passion.

    Next comes Norbert Fuzz, Grand Emperor of the Fire Police Squadron in
    Lanced Boil Springs. Despite the fact that he is 700 miles from home, he
    carries two 500 channel pocket scanners, his monitor, a cell phone, baton,
    handcuffs, flare gun, CS teargas, and probably has a Walther PPK
    secreted on his person. His vehicle of choice would be an LTD Crown Victoria with an Edge bar, grille strobes, an arrowstick, Federal Q siren and wigwag
    headlights. This man masturbates while reading a Gall's catalog.

    Following them is Sylvia Cruntley, Ladies Auxiliary President of Buttcrack
    Heights VFD. Her lavender stretch pants have reached critical mass, and
    when her pager beeps, little children have been known to cry, "Look
    out-I think she's backing up!" Her t-shirt is emblazoned with "got milk?" yet
    the mere thought of those leviathan mammaries is enough to wilt the most
    stalwart of Woodrows. As she shuffles past, munching on her 3rd funnel
    cake of the morning, the sight of her flesh in motion reminds one of two hogs
    in a burlap sack, wrestling over a Snickers bar.

    Entertainment such as this knows no equal.
    SCOOBY14B and SFD_E73_RET like this.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    246

    Smile Rough Crowd

    All I asked for was some photo's of new apparatus at the show, you have whackers all over the country, not just in good old PA !

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridge View Post
    All I asked for was some photo's of new apparatus at the show, you have whackers all over the country, not just in good old PA !
    Oh No, we have more than our share of whackers in PA!

    I can't help you out with pictures since I didn't go this year, but then again I don't usually take pictures when I do.

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    So of Can. / N. of Mexico
    Posts
    867

    Wink Whackerville

    Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    stolen from buff
    because it fits the PA whacker show so well

    Here are some observations from the recent Harrisburg Fire Expo show:

    To quote it's unknown author "If nothing else, I have to witness again and again the immutable fact that the fire service will take anybody. "

    Dewly Whacker, wearing the stained tee shirt stretched tight over his gut,
    carrying the $1500 light bar that he will install on his $200 truck, while
    his tired-looking and very ugly wife pushes the carriage containing the
    mean little results of his sperm colliding with her ovum in a long ago moment
    of Mad Dog 20/20 inspired passion.

    Next comes Norbert Fuzz, Grand Emperor of the Fire Police Squadron in
    Lanced Boil Springs. Despite the fact that he is 700 miles from home, he
    carries two 500 channel pocket scanners, his monitor, a cell phone, baton,
    handcuffs, flare gun, CS teargas, and probably has a Walther PPK
    secreted on his person. His vehicle of choice would be an LTD Crown Victoria with an Edge bar, grille strobes, an arrowstick, Federal Q siren and wigwag
    headlights. This man masturbates while reading a Gall's catalog.

    Following them is Sylvia Cruntley, Ladies Auxiliary President of Buttcrack
    Heights VFD. Her lavender stretch pants have reached critical mass, and
    when her pager beeps, little children have been known to cry, "Look
    out-I think she's backing up!" Her t-shirt is emblazoned with "got milk?" yet
    the mere thought of those leviathan mammaries is enough to wilt the most
    stalwart of Woodrows. As she shuffles past, munching on her 3rd funnel
    cake of the morning, the sight of her flesh in motion reminds one of two hogs
    in a burlap sack, wrestling over a Snickers bar.

    Entertainment such as this knows no equal.
    Thanks for posting again. As one who attended this show for years, it is pretty much a spot on representation of a large number of attendees. And in reflection, I don't think I was one of them.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    568

    Default

    At a point in time I attended this show for about six years in a row. I remember the Sundays when the rate went down and the average weight jumped. I still have pictures that are vivid reminders.

    That said, at the time it was always worth the money to attend. Haven't been there in years so I have no idea if it is as good as it was back then. I hope so.

    For a regional show it attracted the interest of all major builders because of the high attendance, proximity to the fire academy , and the truck spaces were cheap. I ran into customers from around the country there.

    Still, seeing the "No Cattle Beyond This Point" signs always made me chuckle on Sundays.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bryn Athyn, Pa.
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firepundit View Post
    Still, seeing the "No Cattle Beyond This Point" signs always made me chuckle on Sundays.
    Remember the venue, the FARM SHOW arena. That's still its primary purpose, so that sign is very much needed!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PA, Fire Expo !
    By WoodbridgeFFII in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 11:15 AM
  2. 2008 PA Fire Expo
    By Hexxus in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 12:21 PM
  3. Harrisburg Fire Expo
    By CTFD52 in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 10:56 AM
  4. Fire Expo 2003
    By chief4102 in forum Michigan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 08:40 AM
  5. Fire Expo
    By FireFighter43302 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2002, 08:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts