Forum Member

Default Now Part of the Brotherhood

I just wanted to pass along that I have finally got a full time position with a department that I was Part Time with. I don't have the perfect background, but persistence has paid off. I have spent a lot of money testing for departments out of states. I am 100% sure that when I got my Paramedic it got me a job. Guys it has been a battle but if you want it bad enough you will get it done. Don't stop at just testing for local departments get out there and test as much as you can so that your interview skills get better because that is the deal maker or breaker. Good Luck to all that are testing and wanting the best damn job in the world!

Forum Member

Congrats

Give it a couple years of good work history and start testing again if you still want to move

Forum Member

Congrats man,

It is a tough process, but wouldn't want it any other way. Welcome aboard!

Forum Member

Thanks, I probably won't be looking to go anywhere else. This is a place where movement up the chain could come quicker than on most departments. Plus I am getting to old to be looking at other places haha. I can't wait to get started and I can't wait to give back to the community even more so that I do currently.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic0227 View Post
    Thanks, I probably won't be looking to go anywhere else. This is a place where movement up the chain could come quicker than on most departments. Plus I am getting to old to be looking at other places haha. I can't wait to get started and I can't wait to give back to the community even more so that I do currently.
    Congrats on achieving your goal! I hope that within the next few months to a year I will get my chances as well. If you don't mind me asking what department did you get on?

Forum Member

Thanks, Good Luck it took me 5+ years of being in the fire service and at least 3 years of testing/interviewing religiously to get the offer. I would rather not say which department I got hired on at, nothing personal just personal to me haha.

Thread Information