Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl Is Freed

Forum Member

Default Bowe Bergdahl Is Freed

I am disgusted by the way the GOP is treating this young man and his family.

For a group that claims to be patriotic, this episode shows just how much they hate America.

Once again, accusation is not proof.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

¿¿¿Que?????

Forum Member

In just under a year the GOP was clamoring for the president to "do all it can" to free Bowe. Until that actually happened. Then all of a sudden all of these hostile comrade-in-arms were discovered making accusations of desertion and treason.

His family has been branded as being Muslims (they're not) because the dad has a beard and learned how to speak Pashtu.

Proving the GOP has such a blind hatred of Obama they are willing to trash a completely innocent family.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    In just under a year the GOP was clamoring for the president to "do all it can" to free Bowe. Until that actually happened. Then all of a sudden all of these hostile comrade-in-arms were discovered making accusations of desertion and treason.

His family has been branded as being Muslims (they're not) because the dad has a beard and learned how to speak Pashtu.

Proving the GOP has such a blind hatred of Obama they are willing to trash a completely innocent family.
    I would like to know more about what this guy did or did not do. One comrade denouncing him would not mean much to me. Seems to be multiple guys coming forward.

I don't think we know yet if he and his family are "completely innocent".

The GOP does not have a monopoly on shooting first and asking questions later.

Forum Member

Your point? I chose the Off Duty forums for a reason.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    I would like to know more about what this guy did or did not do. One comrade denouncing him would not mean much to me. Seems to be multiple guys coming forward.

I would like to at least hear his side of the story.

Let's assume he is a deserter, that does not excuse the treatment his family has endured.

Forum Member

You are truly correct.....The family does not deserve the pain of those who dislike "The Traitor". As a Vet to have someone walk away from his post ( as explained by his own fellow soldiers) is disgusting and will be dealt with hopefully down the line. I'm in agreement...let's wait to hear "ALL" of the evidence and then deal with "The Traitor".
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    You are truly correct.....The family does not deserve the pain of those who dislike "The Traitor". As a Vet to have someone walk away from his post ( as explained by his own fellow soldiers) is disgusting and will be dealt with hopefully down the line. I'm in agreement...let's wait to hear "ALL" of the evidence and then deal with "The Traitor".
    Your claims of him being a traitor are speculation at best since we don't know the circumstances of his disappearance. The evidence could very well end up showing that he is in fact not a TRAITOR.

A buddy of mine just posted this in a separate message board:

WE BRING EVERY SOLDIER HOME. Period. But if you think the deal was bad then this is an endorsement of the idea that he should be in Taliban custody today. Than what is your price to free Bergdhal (a Soldier)? I’m confident that if something happens to me, my government will bring me home. Name a price you’d deem acceptable? So what’s the worth of a human life? Are you playing judge and jury? And as Brian Beutler put it, “I hold no brief for Bergdahl, and take no issue with the Army launching an inquiry into the circumstances of his disappearance. But the inquiry wouldn't be happening if we hadn't first secured his release. Having secured his release,they can now determine whether he deserves to be disciplined by the U.S. military. If you agree with the military's leave-no-man-behind ethos, then this is the correct order of operations—even if the inquiry yields the most damning possible conclusions.” WE BRING EVERY SOLDIER HOME. Period.
    What does my friend know other than he is currently deployed in Afghanistan.

This is really an example of the blind hatred of conservatives for Obama. It is yet another attempt to make anything to do with him appear toxic. We saw this after the bin Laden raid. It is pathetic and disgusting.

Forum Member

I am disgusted by the way the GOP is treating this young man and his family.

For a group that claims to be patriotic, this episode shows just how much they hate America.

Once again, accusation is not proof.
    Are you not disgusted by the DEM's that are doing the same thing?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post

The Cap'n nailed it. I believe there's much more to this story that we haven't heard, but it does seem pretty damning when so many of the members from his unit are speaking freely about his alleged actions.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Are you not disgusted by the DEM's that are doing the same thing?
    The topic is Bergdahl. Feel free to start a separate thread.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    The Cap'n nailed it. I believe there's much more to this story that we haven't heard, but it does seem pretty damning when so many of the members from his unit are speaking freely about his alleged actions.
    Where were these members of his unit when conservatives were clamoring for the administration to "do all it can" to secure Bowe's release? Did they not think to reach out to those former comrades back then? Had the president left Bowe in Afghanistan, they would probably be bellyaching that Obama doesn't care about military personnel.

You must be one of those who still believes in coincidences.

Let's talk fire trucks!

You must be one of those who still believes in coincidences.
    Allow me to you quote you:

This isn't about you attacking me, it's about a means of a US soldier coming home under some less-than-transparent circumstances. Where were these soldiers in his unit initially? It would appear that six of them were KIA. Neither of us know what happened there, and for either party to assume what did or didn't happen in the desert is nothing but conjecture.

What was your reason for starting this thread?
    Last edited by BoxAlarm187; 06-05-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Remove off-topic verbiage.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Allow me to you quote you:

This isn't about you attacking me, it's about a means of a US soldier coming home under some less-than-transparent circumstances. Where were these soldiers in his unit initially? It would appear that six of them were KIA. Neither of us know what happened there, and for either party to assume what did or didn't happen in the desert is nothing but conjecture.

What was your reason for starting this thread?
    None which changes the disgusting behavior conservatives are exhibiting towards the Bergdahls.

Let's talk fire trucks!

None which changes the disgusting behavior conservatives are exhibiting towards the Bergdahls.
    Doesn't mean that conservatives "hate America."
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Forum Member

Then what does it mean? Other than the usual schizophrenia of convenient patriotism we've come to expect from them during this administration?

Forum Member

I hate politics to begin with

I just want someone who is going to stand up for the USA and not give it away or weaken it

Dem or rep I don't care, now a days not much difference

Forum Member

Then you should have no problem with the current president. He's increased defense spending every year since taking office.

Forum Member

Congress has

And once again politics involved

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    Congress has

And once again politics involved
    The President has submitted budgets (as required by law) that ask for greater defense spending. More importantly he has signed those budgets into law when he would be within his legal purview to veto them.

Here is a quick video that will better help you understand the legislative process.

Forum Member

scfire86......This is one man's opinion. I'm sure the real truth will come out and I hope he is exonerated. I doubt it but "Nobody" who is a prisoner of war (if in fact he was) should suffer "Traitor" or not..... "This" is why politics should not be discussed in the Fire House.....too many variables.
    scfire86 likes this.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

No kidding. I asked are you as disgusted by the DEM's that are treating Bergdahl and his family the same way?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

The dems are going to save the world as jimmy c.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    No kidding. I asked are you as disgusted by the DEM's that are treating Bergdahl and his family the same way?
    Which ones? The short answer is yes.

Thread Information