Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl Is Freed

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default Bowe Bergdahl Is Freed

    I am disgusted by the way the GOP is treating this young man and his family.

    For a group that claims to be patriotic, this episode shows just how much they hate America.

    Once again, accusation is not proof.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    ¿¿¿Que?????

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    In just under a year the GOP was clamoring for the president to "do all it can" to free Bowe. Until that actually happened. Then all of a sudden all of these hostile comrade-in-arms were discovered making accusations of desertion and treason.

    His family has been branded as being Muslims (they're not) because the dad has a beard and learned how to speak Pashtu.

    Proving the GOP has such a blind hatred of Obama they are willing to trash a completely innocent family.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    In just under a year the GOP was clamoring for the president to "do all it can" to free Bowe. Until that actually happened. Then all of a sudden all of these hostile comrade-in-arms were discovered making accusations of desertion and treason.

    His family has been branded as being Muslims (they're not) because the dad has a beard and learned how to speak Pashtu.


    Proving the GOP has such a blind hatred of Obama they are willing to trash a completely innocent family.
    I would like to know more about what this guy did or did not do. One comrade denouncing him would not mean much to me. Seems to be multiple guys coming forward.

    I don't think we know yet if he and his family are "completely innocent".

    The GOP does not have a monopoly on shooting first and asking questions later.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Your point? I chose the Off Duty forums for a reason.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    I would like to know more about what this guy did or did not do. One comrade denouncing him would not mean much to me. Seems to be multiple guys coming forward.

    I don't think we know yet if he and his family are "completely innocent".

    The GOP does not have a monopoly on shooting first and asking questions later.
    I would like to at least hear his side of the story.

    Let's assume he is a deserter, that does not excuse the treatment his family has endured.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    JayDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    You are truly correct.....The family does not deserve the pain of those who dislike "The Traitor". As a Vet to have someone walk away from his post ( as explained by his own fellow soldiers) is disgusting and will be dealt with hopefully down the line. I'm in agreement...let's wait to hear "ALL" of the evidence and then deal with "The Traitor".
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    You are truly correct.....The family does not deserve the pain of those who dislike "The Traitor". As a Vet to have someone walk away from his post ( as explained by his own fellow soldiers) is disgusting and will be dealt with hopefully down the line. I'm in agreement...let's wait to hear "ALL" of the evidence and then deal with "The Traitor".
    Your claims of him being a traitor are speculation at best since we don't know the circumstances of his disappearance. The evidence could very well end up showing that he is in fact not a TRAITOR.

    A buddy of mine just posted this in a separate message board:

    WE BRING EVERY SOLDIER HOME. Period. But if you think the deal was bad then this is an endorsement of the idea that he should be in Taliban custody today. Than what is your price to free Bergdhal (a Soldier)? I’m confident that if something happens to me, my government will bring me home. Name a price you’d deem acceptable? So what’s the worth of a human life? Are you playing judge and jury? And as Brian Beutler put it, “I hold no brief for Bergdahl, and take no issue with the Army launching an inquiry into the circumstances of his disappearance. But the inquiry wouldn't be happening if we hadn't first secured his release. Having secured his release,they can now determine whether he deserves to be disciplined by the U.S. military. If you agree with the military's leave-no-man-behind ethos, then this is the correct order of operations—even if the inquiry yields the most damning possible conclusions.” WE BRING EVERY SOLDIER HOME. Period.
    What does my friend know other than he is currently deployed in Afghanistan.

    This is really an example of the blind hatred of conservatives for Obama. It is yet another attempt to make anything to do with him appear toxic. We saw this after the bin Laden raid. It is pathetic and disgusting.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I am disgusted by the way the GOP is treating this young man and his family.

    For a group that claims to be patriotic, this episode shows just how much they hate America.

    Once again, accusation is not proof.
    Are you not disgusted by the DEM's that are doing the same thing?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  11. #11
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    I would like to know more about what this guy did or did not do. One comrade denouncing him would not mean much to me. Seems to be multiple guys coming forward.

    I don't think we know yet if he and his family are "completely innocent".

    The GOP does not have a monopoly on shooting first and asking questions later.
    The Cap'n nailed it. I believe there's much more to this story that we haven't heard, but it does seem pretty damning when so many of the members from his unit are speaking freely about his alleged actions.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Are you not disgusted by the DEM's that are doing the same thing?
    The topic is Bergdahl. Feel free to start a separate thread.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    The Cap'n nailed it. I believe there's much more to this story that we haven't heard, but it does seem pretty damning when so many of the members from his unit are speaking freely about his alleged actions.
    Where were these members of his unit when conservatives were clamoring for the administration to "do all it can" to secure Bowe's release? Did they not think to reach out to those former comrades back then? Had the president left Bowe in Afghanistan, they would probably be bellyaching that Obama doesn't care about military personnel.

    You must be one of those who still believes in coincidences.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #14
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You must be one of those who still believes in coincidences.
    Allow me to you quote you:

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The topic is Bergdahl. Feel free to start a separate thread.
    This isn't about you attacking me, it's about a means of a US soldier coming home under some less-than-transparent circumstances. Where were these soldiers in his unit initially? It would appear that six of them were KIA. Neither of us know what happened there, and for either party to assume what did or didn't happen in the desert is nothing but conjecture.

    What was your reason for starting this thread?
    Last edited by BoxAlarm187; 06-05-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Remove off-topic verbiage.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Allow me to you quote you:



    This isn't about you attacking me, it's about a means of a US soldier coming home under some less-than-transparent circumstances. Where were these soldiers in his unit initially? It would appear that six of them were KIA. Neither of us know what happened there, and for either party to assume what did or didn't happen in the desert is nothing but conjecture.

    What was your reason for starting this thread?
    None which changes the disgusting behavior conservatives are exhibiting towards the Bergdahls.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  16. #16
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    None which changes the disgusting behavior conservatives are exhibiting towards the Bergdahls.
    Doesn't mean that conservatives "hate America."
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Doesn't mean that conservatives "hate America."
    Then what does it mean? Other than the usual schizophrenia of convenient patriotism we've come to expect from them during this administration?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #18
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    I hate politics to begin with

    I just want someone who is going to stand up for the USA and not give it away or weaken it

    Dem or rep I don't care, now a days not much difference

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Then you should have no problem with the current president. He's increased defense spending every year since taking office.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    Congress has

    And once again politics involved

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    Congress has

    And once again politics involved
    The President has submitted budgets (as required by law) that ask for greater defense spending. More importantly he has signed those budgets into law when he would be within his legal purview to veto them.

    Here is a quick video that will better help you understand the legislative process.

    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  22. #22
    Forum Member
    JayDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    scfire86......This is one man's opinion. I'm sure the real truth will come out and I hope he is exonerated. I doubt it but "Nobody" who is a prisoner of war (if in fact he was) should suffer "Traitor" or not..... "This" is why politics should not be discussed in the Fire House.....too many variables.
    scfire86 likes this.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The topic is Bergdahl. Feel free to start a separate thread.
    No kidding. I asked are you as disgusted by the DEM's that are treating Bergdahl and his family the same way?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  24. #24
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Doesn't mean that conservatives "hate America."
    The dems are going to save the world as jimmy c.

  25. #25
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    No kidding. I asked are you as disgusted by the DEM's that are treating Bergdahl and his family the same way?
    Which ones? The short answer is yes.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boy Freed From Supermarket Game Machine
    By greapr in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:10 PM
  2. Chimney Rescue-Santa's Helper Freed?
    By NJFFSA16 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register