Forum Member

Default City of Cleveland Fire Dept 2014

I'm going to roll the dice and take the test but I was wondering if anyone has or knows someone that already has taken the exam in the past that got hired on with out extra points added to their score ? It's 10 extra points for city residence. Just want to gather some more information to see if it's worth taking the trip to Cleveland. Thank you . Good luck to all in the process

Forum Member

Military and residency play a big role 10 pts each I believe. You pretty much have to get a 100 on the written if you don't have either from what I hear.

Forum Member

I read it's 5 points miltary given to your final score.i talked to someone in hr and they told me 1700 signed up for the exam , that's down from 2300 last time they gave the exam figure couple hundred don't show up for the exam plus along the process lose more people , just wishful thinking on my part haha

Forum Member

10 points for residency is huge. Add the 5 military points and that an extra 15 points added to your final score. I thought the city of Cleveland got rid of the residency preference points system. I did not sign up for this exam, and being an out of towner, missing out on 15 extra points hurts big time. God speed.

Forum Member

Yeah I know I'm on the fence to take the exam It will be a 5 hr drive for me plus hotel . That's why I'm On here to see of anyone got hired without the pref points

Forum Member

I live in the outside Cleveland suburbs and I am not even taking it. I have talked to people with some inside info and they said you better get a perfect score to move on. Plus it has been all over the news they are pushing for women and minorities. So I am 0-4 in things to help my chances haha.

Forum Member

Last edited by Jimjames8980; 06-15-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Forum Member

I did not find any information regarding pref for women or minorities . I now some depts have court orders to hire more minorities but I believe that's not the case with Cleveland fire. They are just advacting for more women and minorities to apply,with that being said seems like I don't have a chance unless I live in the city of Cleveland haha

Forum Member

anyone hear anything?

Forum Member

Supposedly we won't find out our scores until we complete the agility test. I haven't received anything about scheduling that yet though.

Forum Member

got a letter today. No score but got my agility test date in October. Stated in the letter, several weeks after October 19th which is the last day of physical agility testing.

Thread Information